“Fabulous spot outside of LA” 5 of 5 stars

You added Westlake Village Inn to your Saves list
Westlake Village Inn
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   31943 Agoura Road, Westlake Village, CA 91361   |
Stamford, CT
“Fabulous spot outside of LA”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

Our daughter was married on Oct., 5th in California. The majority of our guests stayed at Westlake Village Inn. The hotel could not have been more beautiful and the staff more welcoming. Our room (#523) was large and comfortable. The bride and groom's suite was perfect for them. The rehearsal dinner and post wedding brunch were both held at the hotel and were splendid. Many of our wedding guests had meals in Mediterraneo (excellent) and hung out at Bogie's, the very 'happening' bar. The pool area was very popular with our grandsons and grandnephews and others. We could not have asked for a better location for our guests and for us.

Room Tip: Note that some of the room are up a flight of stairs so some may need help with their bags.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Robert W, Rooms Director at Westlake Village Inn, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Dear Babsy0910,
Congratulations to your daughter on her marriage! We wish her and her new spouse all the best as they embark on their life together. Thank you for your kind words about the Inn and I am glad that you had the time to explore some of the things that we have to offer here. We are very fortunate to have a beautiful property and I am glad that you and your family enjoyed your time here. Thank you for sharing your experience with me!

We look forward to seeing you back here at the Inn.

Robert Witcher

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013 via mobile

The room I had was simple but elegantly decorated. I was on the ground floor which I typically don't like but it overlooked the golf course which was stunning. Central facilities like the main lobby left a little to be desired. However, the staff was quite helpful and friendly and more than made up for it. I arrived late from the East Coast and needed something heavier than a snack, but not a full meal. Not seeing anything on the room service menu that satisfied me, I asked room service to tailor something and they were more than happy to oblige despite the late hour.

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Robert W, Rooms Director at Westlake Village Inn, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Dear Bcatgal,
Thank you for your recent stay and kind words about the Westlake Village Inn. We have a beautiful property and a great team here at the Inn and I am very pleased that you had the opportunity to experience both of those aspects. Our property is a really beautiful way to conduct business, but also feel like you're on a getaway because we have such unique surroundings.

We hope to see you back here at the Inn soon and thank you again for your kind words.

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel a few times. The most memorable, was on my wedding night. Although my husband and I got married at an off site venue, we did spend our first night as husband and wife here. Our room was incredible. We enjoyed a night by the fire, followed by a bath for two in the large jacuzzi tub. In the morning, we had breakfast at the restaurant, and then strolled the grounds. This is a romantic place to spend time with your loved one. i certainly recommend it.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Robert W, Rooms Director at Westlake Village Inn, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
Dear Isunwin,
Thank you for your recent stay and kind words about the Westlake Village Inn. On behalf of all of the team here at the Inn we would like to say congratulations to you and your husband on your marriage. We wish you both a lifetime of happiness and joy. I am glad that you enjoyed such a memorable night here with us and we look forward to hopefully seeing you back here at the Inn for an anniversary or getaway.

All the best to you both!
Devon, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

I spent 2 nights at this beautiful hotel. Hotel is not an accurate term here. There are many "villas" each having 2 floors with maybe 10 rooms on each floor. The rooms are VERY spacious as are the bathrooms complete with granite and flat screen tv's. Fountains await outside each villa and all over the property. There is a lovely lake and vineyard and the restaurant overlooks the lake and is just so tranquil with ducks and fountains. The property is lovely to stroll around because there is so much to explore. Room windows overlook little streams, bridges or pretty gardens. Pool is small as is the gym. Equipment is clean and well maintained. I would definitely stay here again. Only complaint is that there are no elevators so I had to schlep my bags up to the second floor.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Robert W, Rooms Director at Westlake Village Inn, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Dear kimbop324,
Thank you for your kind words and recent stay at the Westlake Village Inn. We are very fortunate to have a beautiful property and I am happy that you were able to take the time to enjoy that. We are definitely not a cookie cutter type property and I have to say that is part of our charm.

I am glad that you enjoyed your time with us and we hope to see you back here at the Inn again soon!

Sacramento, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

I've stayed here several times, as it is perfectly located near family. Our rooms are always clean and housekeeping is great, as is the front lobby staff. The grounds are beautiful and this is a great location for weddings, which they do a lot of.

My only complaints are that the plumbing drives me crazy. All the knobs turn in the opposite direction of what is standard. So, when you think you are turning the hot water off, you're actually turning it up- ouch.. (caution to children in the shower). They are in desperate need of better pillows. They are really awful.

Room Tip: If you have heavy bags, small children or physical limitations making stairs difficult, be sure to a...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Dear Leah F.,
Thank you for your recent stay and kind words about the Westlake Village Inn. I am glad that you enjoyed your experience with us and I appreciate the feedback that you gave us regarding the plumbing. We will definitely consider that as we look at our improvement plans for the future.

Thank you again for your kind words and we hope to see you here at the Inn again soon!

Newport Beach, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Pulling into the Westlake Village Inn complex was quite a surprise. Suddenly I felt like I was much further from home than just a 2 hour drive away. The room was charming and roomy and maybe just a tad dated. The grounds are peaceful with walkways surrounded by bougainvillea. I was there for a professional event at the Stonehaus which was just wonderful. I plan on making a leisure trip back just for a quick getaway and explore the rest of the property.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Robert W, Rooms Director at Westlake Village Inn, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Dear jcentanni,
Thank you for your recent visit and kind words about the Westlake Village Inn. I am glad you enjoyed your event at the Stonehaus! It is our newest addition to the property and really rounds out the great offering that we have here on the property.

I hope that you will take the opportunity to come and see us again when you have more time to explore all that we have to offer.

Pune, India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

Hosted an event recently
Event went beautifully and arrangements were excellent
However, the washbasin in our room kept clogging and in spite of informing the staff nothing happened
The room the bride was given had a leak and a huge puddle of dirty water outside. This ruined her wedding dress. Sadly this also went un attended
Whn we asked if the brides food cd be microwaved we were told it would cost $ 50.00 to rent a microwave
As a wedding venue it was beautiful but the rooms and service levels definitely need to be upgraded

• Stayed August 2013
Dear Sashem,
Thank you for your recent stay at the Westlake Village Inn and for sharing your experience with us. Our congratulations to the bride on her special day! I apologize that we failed to follow up on your sink basin that was not functioning properly. I will definitely look into that to find out where our process broke down. Thank you for bringing that to my attention.

We look forward to seeing you again at the Inn.

Robert Witcher

Been to Westlake Village Inn? Share your experiences!