“Westlake Residence Inn - Great Place” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel packages
Special Offer
Free Parking
Keizer
“Westlake Residence Inn - Great Place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2012

From my arrival to my checkout it couldn't have been nicer. The staff was efficient and friendly and my room was spotless--as was the rest of the facility and grounds. I definitely will return here for any future trips to the area. The bed and room was very comfortable, the hotel conveniently located and the breakfast buffet well-stocked and refreshed constantly. Very nice place!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Simi Valley
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2012

Me and my wife were having our wedding in the area recently, and we had many out of town guests coming in to attend. It was also Easter Weekend, and we had plans to celebrate that too. We decided to use RI in Westlake Village as the Hub/Home base for the festivities. What a great decision that was!
The check-in procedure went very smooth and the staff was very professional and courteous. The front desk/lobby area was warm, inviting, and tastefully decorated.
We had a number of separate family units staying for the weekend, but we all got our rooms blocked off either next to each other or just across the hall. We sort of had our own wing of the floor we were on.
The suites were huge! A nice living room and fully stocked kitchen is the center piece of the suite. There are 2 spacious bedrooms(one on each end). Each bedroom has its own full bathroom and plenty of room to spread out and relax. There is a big HD TV in each bedroom as well as the living room offering a wide variety of programming.
On Friday as we were all arriving and checking in, we decided to use the pool/courtyard area to congregate and lounge. The area is beautiful and is set up like a luxury resort. Palm trees and lush foliage surround a huge pool and hot tub/Jacuzzi. Plenty of comfortable pool lounge chairs to enjoy the sun. The kids really loved the pool! The adults loved the pool too, but the fire-pit area was a major hit. We ended up ordering delivery for dinner, and ate and socialized around the fire-pit until well after dark. the outdoor furniture was comfy. They have a nice outdoor kitchen grill area also; though we did not use that feature. That would be nice for longer stays for sure.
Slumber time was very nice in the perfect beds. I liked that they had an equal amount of soft pillows as firm pillows. Our room faced the nearby freeway, but I heard absolutely no noise.
Free Breakfast in the AM was also a major hit with the party. Not just a continental muffin and juice breakfast, but a fully cooked all-you-can-eat buffet!. I particularly liked the juicy sausage and the biscuits and gravy.
I hosted a number of guests in my suite for a luncheon while my bride was getting ready for our wedding ceremony. The full kitchen and enormous living room accommodated this task with ease, and class.
Anyway, I totally recommend this hotel if you are ever in the area for any length of stay!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Palo Alto, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2012

This Res Inn is more like a hotel – 4 stories with elevators and inside hallways. From outside it looks like an imposing fortress. Most things about this establishment are better than the usual Res Inn. First of all, the guy at the reception desk was unusually efficient, knowledgeable and articulate. He gave detailed, clear and complete answers to all my questions. I had requested a quiet room and he explained where my room was and why he thought it was in the quietest location. The hallways and room were in impeccable condition and the quality of the bed, other furniture, carpeting, etc. was higher than the usual Res Inn. We had a one-bedroom unit that was quite large. Breakfast was pretty standard for a Res Inn.

Las Vegas, Nv
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2012

We had an enjoyable stay, and we plan to book at this hotel every time we're in the L.A. area.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the courtyard are quieter.
phoenix
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2012

We were in town for a family event and this was very convenient to everyplace we needed to go.
I thought the buffet breakfast was mediocre at best. The room was comfortable and met all our needs. The staff were pleasant and very helpful.

Room Tip: We requested inside overlooking the pool/courtyard. We did not want to be near the freeway or parki...
Pordenone, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2012

A lovely hotel, which fitted our needs at its best! I like Residence Inns in general but this one was really outstanding.
We got a nice one-bedroom room on the first floor (I don't like lower floors, but does not matter), perfectly decorated, with a small but fully functional kitchen. Just perfect for us.
We also liked the lobby lounge a lot, with a small fireplace and sitting room-areas with enough privacy. Free wi-fi and a good breakfast buffet in the morning (yummy blueberry muffins!!!).
30 minutes drives to lovely Malibu beaches, shopping malls and Pepperdine University.
Nice and elegant neighborhood (just in front of upscale Four Seasons Hotel).
For the price of 119 USD/night I cannot imagine a better accommodation, and wish all hotels all over the world would be as nice and inexpensive as this lovely Residence Inn. Of course I would go back!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Walnut Creek, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2011

My sister lives in the Westlake Village area, and we typically stay in a hotel when we visit them on Thanksgiving weekend. This year we chose the Residence Inn. I stay in a lot of upscale hotels when traveling for business, and I was a bit apprehensive about staying in a Residence Inn. I would have preferred to stay in the Four Seasons across the street, but my husband did not want to spend the money.

Needless to stay I was pleasantly surprised with the Residence Inn. At $108 a night, with free Wi-Fi internet and free parking, it was a great value. We had a very spacious studio suite that included a full kitchen. While the furnishings were not high end, it was surprisingly comfortable and cheerful.

The hotel had a pool that was much smaller than it looked on their website, but it was very pleasant to sit out there and read. The hotel gym was small; there is a 24-Hour Fitness facility 6 minutes down the road, if you have a membership.

The location of the Residence Inn was great. It is close to the 101 freeway, but not so close as to hear the freeway noise; a very short drive to shopping, and three restaurants are almost adjacent to the hotel. Note, that given the congested state of the LA freeways, the hotel is not a good choice for visiting the urban areas of LA. However, it is conveniently located to great hiking in the Santa Monica Mountains and to Malibu as well.

A free breakfast was included in the rate, but it was not very good. Only other negative I can think of is the elevators are very slow! The hotel is large and sprawling, but it was easy to navigate and find a parking spot close to our room.

I did check out the Four Season hotel while I was there, as it was right across the street. It’s a pretty hotel with great fitness facilities, but on top of their higher rate, there is a charge for parking and Wi-Fi, which really bothers me. So there is no question that the Residence Inn represents great value in comparison.

I have stayed at two other hotels in this area (the Renaissance – now rebranded as the Sheraton) and the Homewood Suites. The Residence Inn was the best of all three, and we will likely stay here again next Thanksgiving

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Residence Inn Los Angeles Westlake Village? Share your experiences!