“Love the spa” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Fullerton, California
“Love the spa”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

The spa is awesome. The hotel staffs are very friendly and will go extra mile to help you. Westlake is a mile away. Great restaurants are at the lakeside. Nice boutique shops there, too.
A good place for relaxing get-away vacation.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (221)
Bakersfield, California, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

I stay here often. Easy on off freeway. Good housekeeping and spa here. I checked into this hotel for days. I needed a VERY relaxing place to catch up. I thought I would stop by the hotel bar and get a cocktail. I walked in and there was one small group in bar and one on patio. Immediately the waiter came over with menu and asked if he could take drink order. I said give me a minute. Well the world cup was on so he and the bar tender stood there watching. After 10 minutes I went to bar and ordered. My drink was great so by the time my food got there it was gone. Nobody asked if I would like another so while eating I watch these 2. The waiter went and got a fortune cookie for him and the female bartender. They opened then read fortunes then turned on a hockey game. Now they talked the Kings. Mean while I have zero drink. Bad for me and Bad for the bars total sales. After food was done I set there some more maybe 10 minutes while these two talked and he did go to the patio twice but my table got nothing. I went up and got the check. I put a big O for a tip. As I gave it to the bartender she looked and said gee thanks. We all know what that means. This is way below four seasons standards. I went to the front desk immediately and told the manager. She said she would have the food manager call me. He called a lil later and wanted to comp my I think $30 tab. I told him no thanks after the terrible treatment my tripadvisor review will work. I was room 418 and this happened Friday June 13 about 4pm. A good four seasons manager would find out why these two cared to talked more personal lifes then work and then when not tipped for the bad service had attitude. I have to be back in westlake tomorrow and will be trying the Westlake Inn because of this places terrible service. Funny Sunday I was at the Four Seasons Santa Barbara and they got a great review.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Mo_Elbanna, Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Westlake Village, responded to this review, June 19, 2014
Dear Tommy L.,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback and bring these concerns to our attention, and I want to sincerely apologize for the service shortcomings you experienced during your visit to our Hotel this past weekend. Service like you experienced that evening at the Bar is not what Four Seasons is about, and I regret that we fell below your expectations. You made a valid point that the manager should find out why the behavior occurred; rest assured we take this very seriously and I have followed up internally with our Director of Food & Beverage to attempt to identify why the problems occurred and how we can ensure they do not happen again in the future. In addition, we are working to ensure an immediate and appropriate response from our managers to such issues. Again, thank you so much for sharing your constructive feedback with us, as it allows us the opportunity to improve where we need to. I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Hotel, and please don't hesitate to contact me directly, as I am happy to be of further assistance.

Warmest Regards,
Mohamed Elbanna
Hotel Manager
Phone: (818) 575-3004
email: mohamed.elbanna@fourseasons.com
Los Angeles, California, Usa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014 via mobile

This has become one of our favorite last minute weekend get away. Very convenient location - near freeway and other shopping areas but provides the "quiet time" you need. The garden, indoor and outdoor play areas for kids are absolutely my kids favorite! Their mercato Italiano every Saturday is wonderful. Their Hampton's Sunday brunch is expensive but has a very nice ambiance. Overall, we will keep coming back...

• Stayed October 2013
Malibu, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

If you have to travel to Westlake Village, this would be the place to stay. The restaurants/lounges in the hotel are great. Onyx is one of my favorites. Rooms are spacious and well appointed, as expected at any Four Seasons. Service is top notch. Just be prepared to drive or take a taxi anywhere you need to go because the hotel is not in walking distance to much of anything.

One thing I wanted to add, is the caring nature of the staff here. Last year, we had to evacuate our home due to fires. We have a big German Shepard and did not know where to stay because most hotels do not allow large pets. The Four Seasons in Westlake was very sympathetic to our situation and under the circumstances, let us stay here with our giant furry dog!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Erie, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

Beautiful facility and laid out perfectly with a extraordinary spa and fitness area. Immaculate condition and staff dedicated to ensuring a memorable stay. I had a few special requests that were handled in an expeditious and most satisfying way.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Venice, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

Lovely property with beautiful spa, state of the art fitness center and the kind of special touches you expect from a Four Seasons. The Friday Night Fever package is a steal! I will definitely be back.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Westlake Village, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

Upon check in, the room was not ready and the crib we had requested by e-mail and by telephone earlier in the week was not in the room. It took an hour to get the crib in the room — keeping our baby from taking his scheduled nap.

Later that night our room was bombarded by noise from the bar below and from a room nearby blasting tv and music. Despite calling the front desk three times they could not locate the room with the loud noise. At 11:30 p.m. they offered to move us to another room, but of course, we had a small baby in the room and were already settled. So, that wasn't really a good option.

This all was mostly out of the control of the staff, however, I feel that the front desk should have been more gracious and made us to feel less like we were just complaining. They should have offered an amenity or free breakfast or discount on the room to make us feel better about our stay. They did nothing. Nada.

Room Tip: Don't stay in a room directly above the bar.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Dear Roland M.,

Thank you for taking the time to share constructive feedback with us following your recent stay at Four Seasons Hotel Westlake Village. I was sorry to learn that your visit fell short of expectations and I want to sincerely apologize that we did not address your concerns appropriately for your family's needs.

I appreciate you sharing your experience with us, as it allows us the opportunity to improve the service that we deliver to our guests. I invite you to please feel free to contact me directly should you wish to discuss anything in further detail. Again, thank you so much.

Warmest Regards,
Mohamed Elbanna
Hotel Manager
Phone: (818) 575-3004
email: mohamed.elbanna@fourseasons.com

Been to Four Seasons Hotel Westlake Village? Share your experiences!