“Relaxing, Beautiful and Awesome Service” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel packages
Special Offer
Third Night Free!
Chicago, Illinois
“Relaxing, Beautiful and Awesome Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

Excellent experience, fantastic spa and serene environment. I stay no where else when in the LA area. This hotel has it all. Excellent food, top quality service and the grounds are gorgeous. The pool is secluded, private and clean. The service at the hotel is incredible. There is always someone around asking if they can get you anything or if you need help or directions or whatever. Fantastic hotel, fantastic stay - I give it the highest marks.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Asrhodes, Public Relations Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Westlake Village, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Thank you so much for the wonderful compliments toward our service and staff! I'm so pleased to hear that we are your favorite LA hotel to visit and that you've enjoyed exceptional service throughout our property, including our dining outlets and in The Spa. We greatly appreciate and value your loyalty as a returning guest, and look forward to welcoming you back again the next time your travels bring you out this way. Many thanks again for sharing a review!

639 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (167)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

Sometimes a person just needs to get out of the city and take a break and this is where I go to do it! Great pool, great spa and great food all in one place so you don't even need to leave. My husband and I like to take 2 or 3 days and just unwind and recharge. I've also been known to go to the spa and pool for the day with some girlfriends.
If you do get a chance to experience room service for breakfast, I highly recommend the California Wrap, it's my favorite!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor. I couldn't agree more-- sometimes a couple of nights away from the hustle and bustle of the city can make all the difference! :) I'm so glad to hear that you and your husband have found our property to be the perfect destination for a little R&R, and that you've also enjoyed our spa and pool on separate occasions. The California Wrap is delish- thanks for sharing the tip! We look forward to welcoming you back-- either for a spa day, a weekend retreat or both-- in the very near future.

San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

The Four Seasons Hotel is one of the top ten hotels I've ever stayed at hands down!!!
We stayed there for the weekend on 3/1/13-3/4/13 for a Girls Spa weekend.
The service was impeccable. It was an easy drive for us from San Diego to LA. From the moment we got there from the valet to check-in and the awesome rooms. We stayed in one of the rooms with the waterfall view. Beautiful and serene with an Asian inspired style..
We got a promotional rate stay 2 nights and the 3rd is free.
We didn't need to leave the hotel the entire time. Their b-fast was delicious at the Farmer's Market and reasonably priced. They have the omelet station and freshly squeezed juices along with a coffee station where they can prepare a variety of delicious coffees for you on the spot.
For lunch we normally ordered a lite fare from their pool. Their pool attendants are extremely courteous, they’ll walk you to your lunge chair or cabana, set you up with your towels, iced water or tea and sunscreen and check frequently with you for any special drinks or food you might desire by one of the tables or bring lap trays to eat right there by the pool side.
At night they have several dinner options; we didn’t get to eat at their oriental restaurant but heard good reviews about it.
We normally had dinner at their lookout restaurant where they have al fresco dinning and individual fire pits-tables.
My favorite was the outdoor pizza oven on Saturday night, they have an excellent Margherita Pizza.
But above all the SPA is the number one reason to go to the FS Westlake, even if you don’t get any of their spa treatments just the installations and amenities of it are total bliss, from their complimentary plush terry cotton and velvet robes, to the steam or dry saunas and their Jacuzzis.
I had a facial on Saturday and a massage on Sunday, heaven on hearth.
Highly recommend this place for Girls Spa getaway or maybe a couple retreat. Didn’t see many children around.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you so much for sharing such a delightful review following your recent "girls getaway" to our hotel. I am so pleased that you and your friends enjoyed your stay with us, and that you were able to have an extended staycation through our special "Stay Longer" package. I'm also glad to hear that you had an opportunity to try our Farmer's Market breakfast experience (not to mention our signature Margherita Pizza fresh out of the oven at The Lookout outdoor lounge) and had time to relax and unwind with treatments at The Spa.

Again, thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. I hope we'll have the chance to welcome you back for another getaway weekend in the near future. :)

Kirkland, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

The rock fountains covering the grounds set the relaxed mood at the Four Seasons Westlake Village. Refined interiors with chandelier in the guest room set off the Chinese themed fixtures within this hotel. The staff is superb at the Four Seasons generally, and this location is no exception. Bed was very comfortable and in room dining with lamb shank was superb!

Room Tip: View of the fountains enhances every visit.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for sharing your experience with us following your recent visit. I'm so pleased that you enjoyed the aesthetics of our property and that you experienced the highest level of service throughout your stay. Glad that you enjoyed our in-room dining menu as well! We hope to welcome you back again the next time your travels bring you out this way. Thanks again!

Bangalore, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013 via mobile

Excellent place to be. Nice interiors. Excellent service. Ambience is great. Vallet parking. Helpful staff. Near to intuit office in WLV. I think it was a good trip I had at the hotel. I would recommend this place for any body travelling to WLV.

• Stayed February 2013
Thank you so much for sharing the great feedback following your stay. I'm so glad that we were able to provide excellent service in a convenient location during your visit and hope we can look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future. Thanks again!

Westlake Village, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

It's our favorite staycation. My wife started teaching me how to spa about 5 yrs ago. Now we celebrate just about anything with a spa day at the Four Seasons. After our treatment we roll to pool side lunch and cocktails. Then dinner at Onyx. Try the Red Dragon Roll.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you, Rob, for sharing this delightful feedback about our property. We're honored to be considered a favorite "staycation" destination for you and your wife, and I'm so pleased to hear that you choose to celebrate any occasion with a day at The Spa. :) Thank you for sharing the great tip about ONYX restaurant.The Red Dragon roll is a favorite of mine as well! Thanks again, and we look forward to having you back again soon!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

So over President's weekend we decided to have a 2 day one night "Staycation" at the Four Seasons. We are local and visit the hotel frequently for dinner, cooking lessons, spa, and facilities. My husband knows how much I love it there so thought as a family it would be nice to get a suite, bring the kids and frolic at their pool for 2 days. The room was gorgeous but it was not available till the 3pm guaranteed time. They gave us a holding room which honestly was a beautiful hotel room and perfect for our needs, We took our kids to the indoor pool first stop. The pool is big with huge skylights that really do not make you feel like you are indoors. There is also an outdoor patio with lounges if you want to lay out and get some sun-just know limited space and seating-however in early Feb-no big deal.
There is a beautiful gym with the latest state of the art equipment and a teen room for the kids to play in. I do think as a suggestion there should be more things in the game rooms for the kids to do. It was limited to a fuz ball, pool and a media room which was locked the whole time we were there. Maybe an activity coordinator would be fun or something they could look into adding for a great kid experience.
We ordered lunch at the pool which took over almost an hour to get. The food was great but the pina coladas were melted by the time we received them- which leads me to my definition of customer service. Great customer service can only be measured when you have a problem otherwise how do you really know you received excellent service? In this case, we received a full credit on the drinks and they sent down to the pool ice cream and dessert for us and the kids to apologize. This was the right thing to do and literally took the bad taste out of our mouths.
We ate dinner at the hotel which was good-I would not say great just good, I had the salmon and my kids had the kids meals which were okay and very expected. Nothing like a wow moment-just okay. The hostess at the restaurant was wonderful and kept bringing my kids these wax bendy things to play with which kept the meal wonderfully peaceful with happy kids. Our waitress...not as attentive but nevertheless...it was fine.
So now to our stay and the comedy of events. My husband had an issue in the middle of the night with the goose pillows and comforter. He has an allergy to goose and had a terrible reaction at 3 am. This proceeded to housekeeping calls, language barrier issues and a charade of events too long to mention. Did I mention they rang the bell at 4:15 in the morning 3x and woke my kids up...? not fun..
By 7 am i can tell you I didn't want to be me..nightmare.
So customer service: Edgar the manager of rooms and service was the pure definition of the customer comes first. He went out of his way to apologize and make amends for our terrible experience. Clearly no one wants to go through what we did-however customer service was tested at this hotel and I will say-they rose to the occasion with flying colors. I am still waiting on a letter from the hotel but confident that I will receive it as Edgar was on the case.
We have stayed at many four season properties and although this one might not be top of our list if we didn't have the problem with the blankets and pillows..it was the perfect stay for our mini staycation. As any hotel there is always growing pains and you can only improve as you learn from your mistakes. I hope the next time we return -I can report they have learned and improved in true Four Season Fashion. I hope this helps you!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a detailed review of your recent stay with us. Please excuse the lateness of my response. First of all, I want to thank you so much for your suggestion regarding our kids' activities rooms. We're working to enhance and upgrade both activity rooms for teens and children, as well as our family swimming pool in an effort to improve upon our younger guests' experience. :)

I am so sorry to hear of your unfortunate "comedy of events" as you described, but I am glad to hear that Edgar was able to address your needs and make amends for your experience. I think you hit the nail on the head when you described how great customer service can only be measured when you have a problem, and I am truly pleased to hear that we were able to respond and recover from any shortfalls that you experienced during your visit.

We appreciate the opportunity to demonstrate these our improvements throughout the Hotel upon your next visit to our property, and again, on behalf of our team here, I want to thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience.

Four Seasons Hotel Westlake Village, California

Been to Four Seasons Hotel Westlake Village? Share your experiences!