“Excellent place” 4 of 5 stars

Third Night Free!
Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
“Excellent place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013 via mobile

Excellent place to be. Nice interiors. Excellent service. Ambience is great. Vallet parking. Helpful staff. Near to intuit office in WLV. I think it was a good trip I had at the hotel. I would recommend this place for any body travelling to WLV.

• Stayed February 2013
Asrhodes, Public Relations Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Westlake Village, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Thank you so much for sharing the great feedback following your stay. I'm so glad that we were able to provide excellent service in a convenient location during your visit and hope we can look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future. Thanks again!

Four Seasons Hotel Westlake Village, California

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (193)
Westlake Village, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

It's our favorite staycation. My wife started teaching me how to spa about 5 yrs ago. Now we celebrate just about anything with a spa day at the Four Seasons. After our treatment we roll to pool side lunch and cocktails. Then dinner at Onyx. Try the Red Dragon Roll.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you, Rob, for sharing this delightful feedback about our property. We're honored to be considered a favorite "staycation" destination for you and your wife, and I'm so pleased to hear that you choose to celebrate any occasion with a day at The Spa. :) Thank you for sharing the great tip about ONYX restaurant.The Red Dragon roll is a favorite of mine as well! Thanks again, and we look forward to having you back again soon!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

So over President's weekend we decided to have a 2 day one night "Staycation" at the Four Seasons. We are local and visit the hotel frequently for dinner, cooking lessons, spa, and facilities. My husband knows how much I love it there so thought as a family it would be nice to get a suite, bring the kids and frolic at their pool for 2 days. The room was gorgeous but it was not available till the 3pm guaranteed time. They gave us a holding room which honestly was a beautiful hotel room and perfect for our needs, We took our kids to the indoor pool first stop. The pool is big with huge skylights that really do not make you feel like you are indoors. There is also an outdoor patio with lounges if you want to lay out and get some sun-just know limited space and seating-however in early Feb-no big deal.
There is a beautiful gym with the latest state of the art equipment and a teen room for the kids to play in. I do think as a suggestion there should be more things in the game rooms for the kids to do. It was limited to a fuz ball, pool and a media room which was locked the whole time we were there. Maybe an activity coordinator would be fun or something they could look into adding for a great kid experience.
We ordered lunch at the pool which took over almost an hour to get. The food was great but the pina coladas were melted by the time we received them- which leads me to my definition of customer service. Great customer service can only be measured when you have a problem otherwise how do you really know you received excellent service? In this case, we received a full credit on the drinks and they sent down to the pool ice cream and dessert for us and the kids to apologize. This was the right thing to do and literally took the bad taste out of our mouths.
We ate dinner at the hotel which was good-I would not say great just good, I had the salmon and my kids had the kids meals which were okay and very expected. Nothing like a wow moment-just okay. The hostess at the restaurant was wonderful and kept bringing my kids these wax bendy things to play with which kept the meal wonderfully peaceful with happy kids. Our waitress...not as attentive but nevertheless...it was fine.
So now to our stay and the comedy of events. My husband had an issue in the middle of the night with the goose pillows and comforter. He has an allergy to goose and had a terrible reaction at 3 am. This proceeded to housekeeping calls, language barrier issues and a charade of events too long to mention. Did I mention they rang the bell at 4:15 in the morning 3x and woke my kids up...? not fun..
By 7 am i can tell you I didn't want to be me..nightmare.
So customer service: Edgar the manager of rooms and service was the pure definition of the customer comes first. He went out of his way to apologize and make amends for our terrible experience. Clearly no one wants to go through what we did-however customer service was tested at this hotel and I will say-they rose to the occasion with flying colors. I am still waiting on a letter from the hotel but confident that I will receive it as Edgar was on the case.
We have stayed at many four season properties and although this one might not be top of our list if we didn't have the problem with the blankets and pillows..it was the perfect stay for our mini staycation. As any hotel there is always growing pains and you can only improve as you learn from your mistakes. I hope the next time we return -I can report they have learned and improved in true Four Season Fashion. I hope this helps you!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a detailed review of your recent stay with us. Please excuse the lateness of my response. First of all, I want to thank you so much for your suggestion regarding our kids' activities rooms. We're working to enhance and upgrade both activity rooms for teens and children, as well as our family swimming pool in an effort to improve upon our younger guests' experience. :)

I am so sorry to hear of your unfortunate "comedy of events" as you described, but I am glad to hear that Edgar was able to address your needs and make amends for your experience. I think you hit the nail on the head when you described how great customer service can only be measured when you have a problem, and I am truly pleased to hear that we were able to respond and recover from any shortfalls that you experienced during your visit.

We appreciate the opportunity to demonstrate these our improvements throughout the Hotel upon your next visit to our property, and again, on behalf of our team here, I want to thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience.

Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

I stayed here for 3 nights over Presidents weekend for some r and r. I don't think I can fairly
compare it to Four Seasons hotels in more exotic locations. This is Westlake Village...it's astounding that a Four Seasons would be located there. I wanted to have a nice resort-level
place to stay that was within a 1/2 hour drive of Los Angeles where I live and work. This hotel certainly fit the bill fine for that goal. The staff was attentive and courteous. The room was
well appointed. The Spa was nice, the indoor pool for lap swimming was great, the gym was
terrific, the outdoor pool was small but lovely. Couple of notes on Spa: I had a 80 minute "advanced deep tissue sports theraputic" massage. Given that lengthy title and the description that went along with it that I won't bore you with I was looking for a real, targeted intense, almost surgical deep massage. Nice gal who gave me the massage but it was a
completely aimless novice massage...to illustrate at one point I actually had to convince her that there were muscles in the sides of my neck (which in my case for doing alot of computer work and craning my neck and hunching get extremely tight and knotted). She literally said "I don't think there are muscles there, I think I'd be getting close to some important stuff like I'd be
choking you"...literally the SIDES of my neck....I showed her with my own hands and said "Please trust me, these are absolutely muscles I am requesting that you massage these muscles". Also on that first day while going in the buff throughout the ladies area whirlpool, steam room, locker areas I noticed at least 6 women lounging (robed) in those various areas with their cel phones and tablets in open use. It struck me as odd in this day of taking video and photos and posted them online via such devices that a brand hotel like 4S still allows
such devices in clothing optional areas...seems a liability risk. Next day when I checked in to
spa desk I noticed a "no cel or mobile devices" sign at the desk and mentioned to the desk
clerk what I had seen the day before. She said "Oh...yeah...everybody still uses their cels and
everything in there right? even though it's against the rules....." I was like "yeah...ok no biggie...you guys will end up getting sued by someone someday for that..." As for the food and drink: Onyx was really quite fine for a hotel sushi/Japanese place not a big selection of fish for a sushi afficianado but good quality. The Mercato Italiano "interactive restaurant" on Saturdays was really just an Italian buffet played in the round. It was good quality for an Italian
buffet. I didn't try the Raw Bar on Fridays but it looked good quality. The Fire and Ice deck was chaos...with so many waiters, and maitre d' looking guy and busboys running around but
no rhyme or reason to how people were getting seated for the choice "firepit tables". I waited awhile for one, got seated at one only to find out the firepit didnt work...20 minutes of desperate attempts by well-meaning bellboys it was not going to work....maitre d promised he
would move me to the very next firepit table available.....that never happened he kept forgetting, seating others and then coming over to apologize again and again...crazy....At all bar venues (except for outdoor poolside) it took an incredible amount of time for waitstaff to take your drink orders and deliver....at Fire and Ice I waited almost 30 minutes for a waitress to
come (she kept passing by saying "I'll be right with you" over and over again) and in The Bar I waited 15 minutes when it wasn't that busy...actually pretty quiet. Anyway, for sure it suited nicely for what I was after. Not sure I'd go racing back again to spend $2000 for a three day weekend there...I'd probably drive a couple hours to do it next time.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you, Jill, for sharing your experience with us; please excuse the lateness of my response. I want to thank you for sharing such detailed feedback following your recent visit to our property. While I'm glad to hear that we offered a convenient location for you being just outside of Los Angeles, I am very sorry to hear that we dropped the ball in our level of service during your stay, particularly with your experience at The Spa and at The Lookout. I have shared your feedback with the appropriate department heads and on behalf of our entire team, and again, I'd like to extend our sincerest apologies for these shortfalls in service. Again, we truly value your feedback and hope to have a chance to welcome you back in the near future.
Morro Bay, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

I'm a big fan of Four Seasons hotels, having visited more than a dozen over the last few years, so it pains me to give this hotel four stars instead of five. Especially because the reduction was not really the fault of Four Seasons Westlake itself - well, I guess actually it was.

First the good, which is just about everything. Perfect service, perfectly clean, perfect luxury without being "in your face" - which is why I love Four Seasons. We had dinner at ONYX, which included one of the best mojitos we've ever had and a fantastic pad thai and sushi. Breakfast was generous and tasty. Rooms were extremely comfortable. Everything you come to expect with Four Seasons. My favorites continue to be Hong Kong, Singapore, and Hualalai, but Westlake is right with them in terms of service and luxury.

Now for the one bad experience. My wife scheduled a mani-pedi, which was listed in the Four Seasons Spa brochure by the bedside. It turns out the salon services are outsourced to a different company, even though they are located inside the Spa. According to my wife, it wasn't up to Four Seasons standard, not even close. The specialist wasn't professional in appearance or demeanor, the area was cluttered, trash was overflowing, and the tools and implements looked like they hadn't been sterilized. In fact, my wife said she'd prefer the cheap place near our house as it is cleaner and potentially safer. Imagine having to worry about safety and hygiene in a Four Seasons.

We brought this experience to the attention of the Four Seasons front desk staff, and in true "real" Four Seasons style they apologized and immediately removed the charge without questioning or arguing. But I told them that my bigger concern was how this contract salon company reflects on the Four Seasons brand. They promised to take action. I hope they do, as aside from this it is yet another exceptional hotel.

Room Tip: They offer a "waterfall view room" as an upgrade. Really not that big of a deal.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your review, and I do apologize sincerely for the lateness of my response. I appreciate your bringing these concerns to our attention and I am very sorry to hear about your recent experience in the salon. While the salon is managed separately from the Hotel, we still aim to maintain a consistently high level of service for our guests in all areas of the property. In the time since your visit, we have shared your feedback with the salon management and have worked closely with their team to make sure that we are all delivering the highest level of service to enhance our guests' experience.

We do appreciate your compliments about our property and I am pleased to hear that you otherwise had an exceptional stay with us. I hope that we can look forward to welcoming you and your wife back again in the near future. Many thanks again.

PR/Marketing Asst. Manager
New York City
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

This must be my year for staying in nice hotels! We just got back from California with the kids. It was a short visit: Disneyland one day, attend a bat mitzvah the next day, then home the next day. With a hectic schedule, I thought we should stay in a nice hotel. So glad I chose the Four Seasons. It is beautiful! The rooms are so pretty, and the views outside the windows, superb. On our first night, we arrived late and the restaurant was going to close in less than an hour. The front desk offered to let them know we were coming back down and stay open for us. I declined, and we chose to have room service instead! That was probably one of most delicious room service meals we have ever had. We also managed to have a la carte brunch at the lounge on Sunday, as the Sunday buffet was not yet ready. The food was excellent, and the views out of the lounge so pretty, including the hotel's own waterfall at The Lookout. I have to mention the staff which includes front desk, housekeeping, room service, valet and concierge: this is what excellence means. Can you give lessons to other hotels? :) My husband wanted to take the bed home! Sad to say because of our tight schedule, I did not get a chance to try the Spa! The kids also wanted to try the pool and the Teen Room, but we ran out of time. But this just means we have to come back!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Asrhodes, Public Relations Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Westlake Village, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Thank you, TwinMamaNYC, for sharing this delightful review following your recent stay with us! On behalf of our entire team here at Four Seasons Hotel Westlake Village, I want to share our appreciation for your thoughtful compliments toward our service and staff. It is truly so rewarding to be able to share such positive feedback with our team here, and I am so pleased that we were able to make your trip to California so memorable, adding a touch of relaxation and luxury to a very busy week!

I'm so glad that you and your family enjoyed our dining outlets (including in-room dining) and especially pleased to hear that you had a chance to enjoy the view at The Lookout. While you didn't get to visit The Spa on this particular stay, it is our hope that you will return in the very near future to enjoy this and all of our poolside amenities.

Also, please let your husband know that Four Seasons beds are available for purchase, and he may contact us if he'd like some additional information. :)

Thanks again for the lovely review!
Manhasset, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

From check in to check out nothing beats the service at this Brand. Booked my trip through American Express Platinum Travel and was presented with all of my amenity options when checking in. Had a nice little upgrade to a fountain view room, which was nice but same room size as facing the parking lot i believe. Was only there one night, but the all hour room service (well at least at 4:00AM) when I awoke from EST time and needed coffee was brilliant.

The breakfast service was impeccable as always and delicious. The wait staff never interfering but always paying attention if needed.

I will stay there again on my next trip to the area with no doubt.

Room Tip: Unless you have a thing for fountains, save your money and book the regular room. Unless of course...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you, Stewart, for sharing your positive experience at our Hotel on TripAdvisor. I am so delighted that you had a fantastic stay from start to finish, and I'm especially glad to hear that our 24-hour in-room dining was to your liking. It's the little things that make all the difference to our guests, and it's always so rewarding for our staff to be recognized for the service and attention to detail. I thank you again for sharing your review, and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Been to Four Seasons Hotel Westlake Village? Share your experiences!