I'm a big fan of Four Seasons hotels, having visited more than a dozen over the last few years, so it pains me to give this hotel four stars instead of five. Especially because the reduction was not really the fault of Four Seasons Westlake itself - well, I guess actually it was.
First the good, which is just about everything. Perfect service, perfectly clean, perfect luxury without being "in your face" - which is why I love Four Seasons. We had dinner at ONYX, which included one of the best mojitos we've ever had and a fantastic pad thai and sushi. Breakfast was generous and tasty. Rooms were extremely comfortable. Everything you come to expect with Four Seasons. My favorites continue to be Hong Kong, Singapore, and Hualalai, but Westlake is right with them in terms of service and luxury.
Now for the one bad experience. My wife scheduled a mani-pedi, which was listed in the Four Seasons Spa brochure by the bedside. It turns out the salon services are outsourced to a different company, even though they are located inside the Spa. According to my wife, it wasn't up to Four Seasons standard, not even close. The specialist wasn't professional in appearance or demeanor, the area was cluttered, trash was overflowing, and the tools and implements looked like they hadn't been sterilized. In fact, my wife said she'd prefer the cheap place near our house as it is cleaner and potentially safer. Imagine having to worry about safety and hygiene in a Four Seasons.
We brought this experience to the attention of the Four Seasons front desk staff, and in true "real" Four Seasons style they apologized and immediately removed the charge without questioning or arguing. But I told them that my bigger concern was how this contract salon company reflects on the Four Seasons brand. They promised to take action. I hope they do, as aside from this it is yet another exceptional hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Close to both Los Angeles and Malibu, Four Seasons Hotel Westlake Village offers a convenient destination for both business and leisure with extensive meeting space, diverse dining options, acres of gardens, an extensive Spa and health-inspired programs at California Health & Longevity Institute. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Booking.com and Tingo so you can book your Four Seasons Hotel Westlake Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 4 Seasons Hotel Westlake Village
- Four Seasons Westlake Village
- Westlake Village Four Seasons