“We did not stay long enough!” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel packages
Special Offer
Third Night Free!
New York City
“We did not stay long enough!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

This must be my year for staying in nice hotels! We just got back from California with the kids. It was a short visit: Disneyland one day, attend a bat mitzvah the next day, then home the next day. With a hectic schedule, I thought we should stay in a nice hotel. So glad I chose the Four Seasons. It is beautiful! The rooms are so pretty, and the views outside the windows, superb. On our first night, we arrived late and the restaurant was going to close in less than an hour. The front desk offered to let them know we were coming back down and stay open for us. I declined, and we chose to have room service instead! That was probably one of most delicious room service meals we have ever had. We also managed to have a la carte brunch at the lounge on Sunday, as the Sunday buffet was not yet ready. The food was excellent, and the views out of the lounge so pretty, including the hotel's own waterfall at The Lookout. I have to mention the staff which includes front desk, housekeeping, room service, valet and concierge: this is what excellence means. Can you give lessons to other hotels? :) My husband wanted to take the bed home! Sad to say because of our tight schedule, I did not get a chance to try the Spa! The kids also wanted to try the pool and the Teen Room, but we ran out of time. But this just means we have to come back!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Asrhodes, Public Relations Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Westlake Village, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Thank you, TwinMamaNYC, for sharing this delightful review following your recent stay with us! On behalf of our entire team here at Four Seasons Hotel Westlake Village, I want to share our appreciation for your thoughtful compliments toward our service and staff. It is truly so rewarding to be able to share such positive feedback with our team here, and I am so pleased that we were able to make your trip to California so memorable, adding a touch of relaxation and luxury to a very busy week!

I'm so glad that you and your family enjoyed our dining outlets (including in-room dining) and especially pleased to hear that you had a chance to enjoy the view at The Lookout. While you didn't get to visit The Spa on this particular stay, it is our hope that you will return in the very near future to enjoy this and all of our poolside amenities.

Also, please let your husband know that Four Seasons beds are available for purchase, and he may contact us if he'd like some additional information. :)

Thanks again for the lovely review!

664 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (174)
Manhasset, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

From check in to check out nothing beats the service at this Brand. Booked my trip through American Express Platinum Travel and was presented with all of my amenity options when checking in. Had a nice little upgrade to a fountain view room, which was nice but same room size as facing the parking lot i believe. Was only there one night, but the all hour room service (well at least at 4:00AM) when I awoke from EST time and needed coffee was brilliant.

The breakfast service was impeccable as always and delicious. The wait staff never interfering but always paying attention if needed.

I will stay there again on my next trip to the area with no doubt.

Room Tip: Unless you have a thing for fountains, save your money and book the regular room. Unless of course...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you, Stewart, for sharing your positive experience at our Hotel on TripAdvisor. I am so delighted that you had a fantastic stay from start to finish, and I'm especially glad to hear that our 24-hour in-room dining was to your liking. It's the little things that make all the difference to our guests, and it's always so rewarding for our staff to be recognized for the service and attention to detail. I thank you again for sharing your review, and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

This hotel has it all! The most important was the room was the cleanest room I have ever been in.The sheets are pristine.The decor outstanding. There was nothing negative about this hotel what so ever. The spa was A+ and facial treatment excellent.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thanks so much for the positive feedback and review of your stay with us this past January. I am so glad that you enjoyed your visit, and look forward to sharing your thoughtful compliments with our Housekeeping and Spa teams. :) Thanks again, and hope to see you again soon!
Exeter, New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

My wife and I attended a wedding in the area the end of July of last year. As expected the Service was great. At check in I was offered an upgrade and the concierges were great in pointing us to a terrific restaraunt in Malibu on the beach. The pool area was small but nice and had a cool vibe to it Saturday afternoon. My friends and I stumbled upon the badmitton, horseshoes, and driving range which provided a nice diversion.

The rooms, food, and level of service are exactly what you would expect from a Four Seasons. If I were in the area again, I might choose a spot closer to the beach. I think it's a terrific 3 day weekend getaway spot for couples looking to get out of the city and not looking to leave the property. Very relaxing and great resort.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for sharing a review of our property on TripAdvisor! I was so pleased to hear that you and your wife enjoyed your stay with us, and especially delighted that you and your friends discovered some of the fun games we have on our Activity Lawn too! I'm so glad that your visit was memorable and relaxing, and we hope to welcome you back again in the near future. Thanks again for sharing your experience.
San Diego
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

This hotel has set the bar so high that we're ruined for anything less than the Four Seasons experience. I select all my hotels based on the quality of the deep soaking tub, and this marble bath is stellar. I love the L'Occitane products. Since staying at this location in 2011, this is now our preferred getaway. I have never experienced service, quality and luxury so consistently that I would choose to go back to a property instead of exploring a new hotel. Well, now when we stay at other 4 or 5 star hotels, we actually look at each other and mutter, "It's not the Four Seasons..." So, be warned, few other hotels can compare. The location is off the 101 and in proximity to a treacherous drive over the Santa Monica mountains to Malibu, or up the road to shop at the outlets in Camarillio. But honestly, we go here to BE at the hotel, and not leave - it's that good.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Asrhodes, Public Relations Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Westlake Village, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
What a delightful review! Thank you so much for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor. We couldn't agree with you more-- once you've stayed at a Four Seasons, it's hard to go anywhere else. ;) I was so pleased to hear of the consistent level of service, quality and luxury you've experienced on each visit here, and I'm thrilled that we've become your preferred getaway location. You put it perfectly when you said that sometimes a vacation is intended to be spent in the Hotel itself, and we are constantly adding activities and offerings here to enhance that "staycation" experience. Again, thank you so much for sharing, and we hope to see you again soon!
Moorpark, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I had stayed at the Four Seasons Westlake Village for my birthday. It was wonderful & relaxing. Everything about the resort, room, location even the weather was amazing. There was a nice surprise waiting in my room - a scrumptious chocolate dessert wishing a Happy Birthday.
I would love to have the bed in my home - I didn't want to get out of it. The grounds, gardens & waterfall was a tranquil way to enjoy the following day.
I would highly recommend this location to all.

• Stayed January 2013
What a truly happy birthday! :) I'm so thrilled to hear that you enjoyed celebrating it here with us, and we hope to have a chance to welcome you back on another occasion soon. As far as the beds go....we couldn't agree more! We do have them available for purchase through our Concierge, so please feel free to give us a call if you are interested in having one in your own home. Thanks again for sharing!
Encinitas, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

The Four Seasons Westlake was having a holiday special so we "upgraded" for a family trip. It is a beautiful place; I wish I had known about the amazing spa as it was probably the nicest spa and pool area that I have ever seen. The rooms are great, the bathrooms are gorgeous with jacuzzi tub and shower. The bed is incredibly comfortable, we slept great.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you, Whitney, for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor. My apologies for the lateness of this response. I'm so pleased that you and your family decided to go for an "upgraded" holiday trip to our property, and I'm delighted to hear that you enjoyed our property, particularly The Spa. We hope to have a chance to welcome you back the next time your travels bring you to the Westlake Village area. Thanks again!

Been to Four Seasons Hotel Westlake Village? Share your experiences!