“Simply the best” 5 of 5 stars

Third Night Free!
Southbury, Connecticut
“Simply the best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel many times and it never disappoints. This is a first class hotel, every amenity is top rate. The spa is the best I have seen anywhere (and I travel a LOT). The indoor pool is large and comes complete with piped in spa music. The outdoor pool is serene and quiet (adults only). The hot tub is large and seldom crowded. The rooms are luxurious and provide over the top comfort. Turn down service includes a pair of slippers placed at your bedside. As if this weren't enough, the staff in every department goes above and beyond to be accommodating and friendly; they make a point of remembering your name (everyone from the bartended to the valet). Suzanne at "The Bar" is an amazing bartender (great sea breeze). The one slight negative is that the food at this hotel can be expensive however you can find more reasonable prices during happy hour where the bar offers some specials. Overall a fabulous hotel...simply the best.

Room Tip: Paid $30 per night additional for an upgraded room, it was worth it, was larger (had a couch/sitting...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (193)
Beverly Hills, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2012

This is very big and beautiful hotel. I stay here time to time when I have my meetings in Westlake Village.
It's a very good value to stay (about 250 $ per standard room). You will not find a 5 star hotel with this kind of price in LA.
SPA is perfect! Try Lavender Milk & Honey body cocoon - whole-body treatment: whole-grain and organic-oil body buff, nourishing cocoon and full-body massage. 110 min. (325 $). You will not be disappointed!
Meanwhile... If you would like to visit LA, this hotel is about 1 hour away from Beverly Hills. Right now we have road constrictions on the freeway 405...and there are many chances to get stuck in traffic.
I would recommend this hotel to people who like a peaceful getaway, enjoy a good spa and relaxation.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Visalia, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2012

Recently stayed here after a wonderful day of golf at Sherwood CC. This was an interesting stay. When my buddy told me we were staying at the Four Seasons, I thought I was going to pay $450 -$600/night for a room...but it was less than half of that.

So, you get Four Seasons quality (always top notch) in what is essentially a business hotel. See the other reviews for that take...but this is not a romantic or special location. Rooms, of course, well appointed...and everything is Four Seasons 'pricey' ($30 b'fasts!).

Amazingly, the pricing for the hotel rooms is competitive with other properties...so, if in the area, it is not a bad choice.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Redwood City, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2012

I recently treated myself to an overnight stay at this Four Seasons hotel. After a long day riding through Big Sur on my motorcycle, I looked forward to some of that extra quality and exclusiveness that come with the Four Seasons name.

I was treated very well at arrival. The valet guys told me to park my motorcycle in the corner outside the front door which was perfect - next to the hotel kitty kennel. Kitty must of found my nice warm bike more appealing that its little house as I found little kitty paw prints all over my bike the next day! :-)

The front desk staff processed me quickly, efficiently and courteously. The first thing I wanted was a nice long hot shower. Walking into the large marbled bathroom, I was greeted with a huge walk-in shower! I was in heaven, or so I thought!

Turning on the shower, I noticed the water pressure was a little weak - the water barely hit the other side of the shower! I proceeded to have my shower and there was barely enough water to wash the complimentary shampoo out my hair! Furthermore, couldn't get the temperature to go any higher than "warm". What a disappointment!

Once I finished, I headed down to the front desk and asked for another room. They moved me to a different floor without hesitation. However, the next morning, I found the shower just as useless. When you spent $240/night, I expect a strong hot steaming shower!

I did complain upon checkout and they were most apologetic and comp'ed my very enjoyable dinner I had in their restaurant the previous night. I would of wanted more compensation but as I was pre-paid, it meant having to go back to the travel agent etc...

If the water pressure was sorted out and hot steaming showers were offered, then I would have no hesitation making this my preferred choice of hotel in the area.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Asrhodes, Public Relations Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Westlake Village, responded to this review, April 16, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to share this experience with us. We appreciate you sharing your concerns regarding the water and are glad that we were able to address the issue upon checkout. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back (Sparkles, our Hotel Cat sends his kitty regards as well) and reconsider us as your preferred hotel in the area.
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2012

We stayed for 4 nights at the Four Seasons and have nothing but great things to say. From check-in to check-out, everyone was so helpful and accommodating of any request we had. The room was beautiful and well appointed. The spa was wonderful and relaxing. The food was very good. The service was really the exceptional part, though. As an example, one evening we were in the restaurant for late night drinks and dessert. We asked for a drink that they were unfamiliar with. The bartender found the recipe and made it for us. She came over later and offered us another one (on the house) after "perfecting the recipe". This is definitely a hotel we will visit again if we are ever in the area.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Claremont, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2012

I stayed at this property 2 weeks ago. The hotel is designed like an "old school" Four Seasons or Ritz Carlton. Think of the classic Fairmont style. Chandelier in room, gold/yellow wallpaper abounding and bold carpet hues like cobalt blue, jade green, and cherry red.

First, the staff was highly accommodating and very friendly -- typical of Four Seasons but very appreciated nonetheless.

The rooms were large, as expected, with top notch furniture and carpeting. The bathroom was pure marble and very large, with a separate toilet area, a flat screen TV, a separate tub and shower. Toiletries were all L'Occitane (one minor complaint: they're using the old version of L'Occitane shampoo/conditioner and the newer lemon verbena is preferred).

For room service on night, I ordered a filet with red wine sauce and it was just delicious and cooked perfectly! Please order the macaroni/cheese gratin as a side. It's the 2nd best mac 'n cheese I've ever tasted (sorry: celebrity chef Michelle Bernstein wins in this category!). Room service forgot the creme brulee (the only part of the dinner I thought was average) and the server did a nice thing by gently knocking on the door and asking for permission to come in with his key so that I wouldn't have to get up from my room service table. Nice touch.

One reviewer commented on the thin walls. I must admit that for a luxury property the walls were fairly thin. I did here some commotion a couple of times from an adjacent room. The hotel is a fairly new property. I've noticed lately with a lot of the new hotel properties that I've stayed in that the wall insulation has been less than adequate. I stayed in a brand spankin' new Marriott Courtyard in Colliersville, TN and I might as well have shared the room with my neighbor, as the walls were so thin. These walls aren't nearly that bad but are not quite up to normal Four Season standards.

Having said that, I stayed at the Westlake Village Inn 3 weeks prior and would NOT return to that property and it is purely for the outside noise I experienced there. The room was fine at the Westlake Village Inn. I experienced 10 times more noise there than at the Four Seasons, due to rooms opening to the outdoors and to clay tiles, and due to being placed adjacent to the iron railed metal stairway.

Room Tip: The waterfall side has better views but slightly more expensive.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 29, 2012

Although the Hotel is inconvenient, if you need to travel to LA during busy time, we found the value and the spa make it worthwhile to stay as opposed to a more convenient downtown hotel.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Four Seasons Hotel Westlake Village? Share your experiences!