“Excellent movie experience for those willing to pay for service” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Type: Movie Theaters, Amusement
Malibu, California
8 attraction reviews
“Excellent movie experience for those willing to pay for service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014

My family loves Cinepolis, 2 adults and 2 teens. In comparison to other theaters where I do not get to reserve a specific set of seats, I consider Cinepolis correctly priced for what they offer and I am happy to pay the rate. Super sound, great screens!

We love and appreciate the big reclining chairs -- but we are taller people ranging from 5'8' to 6'4" and strufggle to be confortable in standard cinema chairs. We like that food service is available at our seat. Our servers have always been excellent and attentive. The food quality is far superior to the regualr snack-shack type food that you expect at a movie. The menu has "real" food; burgers, pastas, salads, etc. And, alcohol -- and the drinks are GOOD. Martinis are well done, wines are excellent. Drinks are priced close as a neighborhood bistro.

The movie schedule has shows that are for all ages, and many that are for 21 and over (so that alcohol may be served.) If you want to attend a movie and have no kids, no teens, no rowdy youngesters in the crowd, these shows are the ones to go to!

My gripe with Cinepolis is with their scheduling. We often like to take groups of kids/teens to movies. The schedule of movies does not come out very far in advance. There was one time we were "anticipating" a movie to be shown at 2pm on a Friday afternoon, and we were going to take 10 kids. The movie was shown, and int he slot we anticipated, but it was changed to be a 21 and over slot. Thus, we had to take our group to another theater. I had called customer service in advance to try to plan this movie; they were helpful but did not have a locked-in schedule so their advice was to keep checking back.

Publishing a longer schedule of movies/times for patrons is my only recommendation.

Try a movie at Cinepolis, it is an excellent experience.

Visited January 2014

St. Louis, MO
33 attraction reviews
“Luxury Movie Date Maybe - Not for a family night out to see a show”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

I want to the Cineopolis with my family and it is certainly a step beyond similar theaters. The seats are high end, the offerings on the personally lite menus are good, the lobby is very nice and so are the prices. Seats are $17.50 - even for kids and the food and beverages are equally as expensive.

I would say this is a great place for a date if you want to impress the person you are with that you like the finer things in life and don't mind paying for them.

On the other hand if you want to see a movie with your wife and two kids I would not recommend this theater of any of their sister sites.

I won't say it was not fun or that I did not have a good time. I'm just saying $52 for 3 tickets and $24.50 for a popcorn, 2 sodas and a small milkshake is not this family's budget for a night out to see a show.

Visited December 2013
Edmonds, Washington
“Nice reclining seats but one pays a price!!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

Nice big cushy seats that recline - nice!! Tables and menus. We were in the theater where we could not order a drink. We did not want to order food right away but when were were ready to order, during the movie, we pushed the button but no one came. I did not notice a difference in the screen or the sound system. I thought possibly for the price of the ticket, we just might be greeted by the cast after the movie but that did not happen!!

Visited December 2013
Los Angeles, California
5 attraction reviews
“Great Movie Theater”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013

Nice movie theater in a great location in Westlake Village. The weekends are crowded, but during the week it's not too bad. Since the area is very family-oriented, for those who are not big fans of theaters with a lot of kids, this is probably not the best place to see a movie. The screens and sound are really amazing though.

Visited November 2013
Los Angeles
38 attraction reviews
“Unusual theatre”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2013

First time here. Seats are large, comfortable, electronically recline almost to the level of a bed! Large, cushioned arm rests. Small table between seats. Even the seats close to the screen are fine because there is lots of space between rows. I would not come here to see movies regularly but it is a nice place to go on special occasions.

Visited November 2013