“One of the best” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
The Grill on the Alley - Westlake Village is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: Grill
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Thousand Oaks Blvd. and Westlake Blvd
Thousand Oaks
“One of the best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I love The Grill in Westlake Village; its food, service and decor are the best. A great menu and wonderfully attentive service by caring and particular waiters and attendants. Just as an example, the last time I was here I noticed one of the busboys holding up two wine glasses inspecting them by the light to make sure they not only were immaculately clean, but also that they had no water marks on them. If you are a regular, there are lots of benefits offered; for instance you can bring your own wine with no extra service charge for letting you use their glasses and their personal to pour. That is highly unusual and just one reflection of how The Grill puts you before profit. It's a bit pricey, but well worth it.

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Camarillo, CA
“Outstanding food and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

Only visited once, but I will definitely go again. The ahi tuna appetizer was fresh and the cucumber accompaniment was the right amount of spicy heat. (Actually the only thing I didn't like was the fried spinach leaves -- too greasy). The grilled steak salad was outstanding, and the steak was cooked properly. Our waiter regularly checked in and always responded immediately. Loved the ambience. Reserve a table or be prepared to wait.

Visited September 2012
Thousand Oaks , CA
“Not that thrilled”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

My companion and I had lunch here today, not too impressed with the food. The decor is lovely, the service was fine, we just didn't like the food. I had an Ahi tuna wrap and my companion had the soup of the day - barley mushroom beef - The soup was actually a bean beef kind of thing, which was tasteless in my friend's opinion. My tuna wrap was a cajun, wasabi mix, which I found rather nasty. The restaurant was crowded for a Tuesday lunch, so there must be good food, we didn't have any of the good stuff, I guess. Considering the price - not somewhere I'll return. My friend wants me to note, that he watched the chef handle the food without gloves, and kept wiping his hands on a dirty apron which was off-putting to say the least.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Camarillo, California
“Elegant happy hour”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

Great outdoor patio. Bar seating is tight and the happy hour menu is limited, but ambience is big. Gets crowded after 7, but a cool place to meet for a drink.

Visited June 2012
Washington State
“If you like great atmosphere, pretty good service, but don't really care what you eat, this restaurant is for you”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

Maybe I don't 'get' Westlake, but I don't understand why anyone would want to pay so much for such mediocre food. Yes, the restaurant is beautiful, as is the staff. They are warm and friendly, which makes up for a few lapses in service (no one around when you need help, or forgetting to ask if the dish was satisfactory). Although I only ate there once, I would not have served either of the dishes I ate to my friends. Or my enemies. Tired corporate tomatoes and plastic cheese as a caprese salad? Tuna tartare with all the silver membranes included, as well as flavorless accompaniments? Really, you think chopping them into rough chunks is ok? Life is too short to eat bad food. I won't be back to try anything else, even on an expense account.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere