“Different Rooms” 4 of 5 stars

Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #4 of 16 Hotels in West Sacramento
“Different Rooms”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

We ended up staying 4 nights here the rooms were very different. The first two nights we had a huge hot tub in our room which would have been fun minus the kids. The next two nights we had a room the had a separate bedroom which was great for the kid's. They were clean rooms but the area which it is located is in the ghetto so the manager is always up in our business I did not like that because there was nothing for her to be curious about but I get it due to the area. I actually would stay here again especially with kids.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

Looks bad on outside but room was clean. Bed really hard and I could not connect to wifi. Breakfast a joke. Pick from an old orange or stale muffin. Bowling alley across the street great place to eat and have a drink

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Santa Rosa, California, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

I stayed for a concert and at first glance the room looks awesome, once we started settling in the room started reveling its issues. The Phone didn't work, the tub had hair in it. The beds had hair on them and blood stains. The tv in the one room didn't work, the shower curtain had black moldy spots on the bottom. The air conditioner didn't work and Sac is super hot and humid. All in all the location was only 10 mins. away from the venue and it was only for a couple hours that we stayed. I will more than likely be going to give it another try to see if they cant redeem themselves a little. For a whole $72.00 this wasn't a bad place. I would suggest bringing your own pillow and blankets and a sheet to lay on top of. That was my plan but i forgot to bring the stuff.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Oahu, Hawaii
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2014

Nearing the end of a 2-week road trip around California, this motel was the most economical of the 8 accommodations we stayed in on this adventure. Much to our surprise, it was also the most comfortable. We found it after crossing over the Tower Bridge in search of a gas station & planned to go back across the bridge & stay at a place recommended by the Visitors Center in Old Sacramento. The neighborhood, dotted with many independent motels, looked sketchy but at least Rodeway Inn was a familiar name so for one night, what the heck? Pretty sure this is not a typical Rodeway Inn with its elegant bedspread, curtains, excellent lighting, fridge, microwave, desk and table. Where we live (Hawaii) this would be a $200/night room - seriously. Have never left a roadside motel wishing I could’ve spent another night, but there’s a first time for everything!

Room Tip: Our room, on the 2nd (top) floor, on the end, was very quiet. The bathroom window overlooked a field...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
San Francisco, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014

I arrived here without a reservation after my original motel down the street was unsatisfactory. I stayed here the night before a business meeting in Sacramento and found a clean, inexpensive place with the basic needed amenities for a great value. The room was very small, but very clean. The room had a flat screen TV with DISH service, a microwave, mini refrigerator, free wifi, and a comfortable bed. The desk staff were very friendly and polite. The room was only $55. The motel was quiet, and in very close proximity to shops and restaurants.

Room Tip: As a general rule, I always prefer a room on the top floor so you don't have people walking abov...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Monterey, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014

This was my second time staying at this hotel and I have to say I was very disappointed. I stayed Feb 22 thru Feb 24 and the service quality I received was extremely poor. My friend and I got there late at night and the night lady put us in a handicap room which smelt cigarette so I asked her to change rooms and she said I had to pay extra for another room. I did not want to be confrontational and so I paid the extra bucks. She put us upstairs in room 244. When we got inside our new room the tub was clogged, to the side of the toilet was a toilet tissue sticked to it(gross), there were some human hairs in the tub as well and sticked to the curtain bathroom. The bath math was dirty with the footprint of a shoe like if someone had stepped on it but failed to notice. I was very surprised to find these inconsistencies in this hotel after staying the first time at the bottom floor in room 119 which was very clean and updated. This was the reason I wanted to stay again here and also because of the front desk guy that checked me in the first time I stayed. He was an extremely nice and educated gentleman who knows how to interact with people and how to accommodate guests. Anyways since it was late at night my friend and I decided to let the front desk agent know in the morning about this issues. We were not looking for any compensation at all. We wanted to have all this issues be fixed. We even extended our stayed after our disappointing night to give them a chance to address this problems and not be so quick to be critical. When I spoke to the front desk agent on the morning of February 23 about this issues she was very....rude and did not want to do anything basically she could careless about guests related issues and took things personally. In the first place if a guest comes up to you to let you know about the issues your business is having you should listen and take action and address them in a timely manner. After all we are the source of your income and that your business stays afloat. And you can have repeated loyal guests coming back. I also told the agent that morning that when I extended my reservation thru choice hotels I requested late c/o at noon and that she should see it in the screen of hers. She said there was nothing in her system and that she would not grant me the late c/o and I needed to call choice hotels? what on earth is that kind of treatment? I was choked by response and rudeness. Why on earth would I call choice hotels about it when I am relating the message to her in person whether it shows in her screen or not. You don't talk to a guest that way and give such poor unethical responses. So then she told me if I did not get out of the room right away I would not get service since the housekeeper was almost finished and it was only 11am???? what kind of service is that??? She then called on the radio the housekeeper to tell her she needed to be in my door knocking so I could get out and my friend and I heard everything they were talking on the radio about us. It shows what kind of people work there and how unprofessional they are. I am sure that the room attendant is the one in charge of the upstairs floor rooms and she does a really bad job and should be reprimanded. And fired the front desk agent which is an ugly person in all levels. So I took the time to email Ms Patel the owner/manager on duty and express my disappointment and how she is running this hotel whether she wants to listen or choose to ignore these issues. Until today I have not heard from her at all which shows what kind of person she is as well. I would not be surprised. If you are in the hospitality industry you need to know what that entitles and know the meaning of it before taking on this business. If you don't have the aptitude or patience or the willingness to deal with all this issues and cant address them then this is not for you or better close the business. I know you wont please every single person; but should be able to address the basic issues and make changes to better accommodate your guests and not just collecting their money and once taken treat them badly. I suggest the owner of this hotel whoever really is to read this. People are commenting the same thru choice hotels as well.

Room Tip: Stay in the bottom floor since they are cleaner than the upstairs.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
RodewayInnCapitol, General Manager at Rodeway Inn West Sacramento, responded to this review, March 2, 2014

Ukiah, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014

I had stayed at this property perhaps 6 years ago and recollected that it was a step above the "normal" low-budget motel. It was even better than before. You notice the difference as you first step into one of the remodeled rooms: great decor, functional furniture in good condition, a comfortable bed, good lighting, and spotlessly clean. The awards hanging in the motel's small office are indeed a reflection of the excellent management and upkeep. My $45 room was nice, if not nicer, than something costing twice this price in the downtown Sacramento area. The location is quiet, seems very safe, and is within walking distance of a supermarket or two and several restaurants. It's not far to Davis (about a 20-minute drive), where I often travel for business, and it's way cheaper than anything close to the UCD campus. I'll be back.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Governors Inn Hotel
#19 of 83 in Sacramento
4.0 of 5 stars 344 reviews
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Sacramento

Been to Rodeway Inn West Sacramento? Share your experiences!