“Very friendly and clean” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #3 of 16 Hotels in West Sacramento
Coachella, California
“Very friendly and clean”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014

Best hotel in the sacramento area. The rooms are always clean and the staff is very friendly. Breakfast is always fresh.
Easy freeway access
Close to old town Sacramento and shopping areas. Vacaville outlet are 30 minutes away

• Stayed March 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Santa Barbara, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014

Stayed for a week on business and found this HI to be convenient to everywhere we had to be in Sacramento. Worried at first because it's close to the freeway but it was very quiet and the easy access to the freeway was a plus. Gas and fast food around the neighborhood, but you can quickly get to the Old Town area or to the Cal Expo area by street or freeway. Staff was very friendly and the rooms very clean. Will stay at this location again when in Sacramento. And they do have a limited amount of covered parking (which would be a plus in the summer).

Room Tip: If you can get upgraded to what they call a "suite" you'll have more space, plus a mic...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Gettysburg, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2014

We stayed here on the last leg of our cross-country move because we just couldn't drive anymore. The rooms were luxurious.

Unfortunately parking was tight. We were driving a 12-foot U-Haul and it was very difficult to get it parked in the parking lot because the majority of the parking is underground.

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Aurora, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

I spend a lot of nights in various hotels as I travel a lot. From check inn at the front desk to the cleaness of the room this hotel is great. The breakfast is fanstatic. The hotel staff is great. From Sophia at check in to the employee's in the parking lot ensuring that the area is neat. I really apperciate this hotel. Thank you for a wonderful stay

Room Tip: Rooms on the west side have a great view
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Seattle, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights while on business. The area itself is certainly not pretty but that didn't bother us at all. I can only compare this hotel to other HIE and hotels of a similar price and this fares badly! The whole hotel has a rather dark depressing feel about it especially the room. It was clean enough but just felt oppressive, certainly not a nice experience. They put us in a room next to the ice macine which kept us awake when people would use it at night. The breakfast area is small but as the hotel wasn't too busy it wasn't a problem for us. The breakfast wasn't great, not much choice some definate penny pinching going on! The pancake machine was out of order the whole time we were there and from looking at other reviews it looks like that happens frequently. My advice......get a new machine!!!!!! Over all, not a place I would recommend , try elsewhere especially if you need to stay more than one night.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express - West Sacramento, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Dear nic675,

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback regarding your stay with us. We give the utmost importance to our guest comments as they help us improve, and continually provide the best guest experience possible. Please accept our sincere apology for the shortcomings you experienced and we regret our hotel did not live up to your expectations. Though I would prefer you had a better experience at our hotel, I would like to thank you for sharing your thoughts and I hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Joel B
Case Manager
IHGCare
Orange County, CA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

I've stayed three times at the hotel, but will no longer do so. The first 2 stays were great, and the third was great until checkout when they would not honor the room rate I had confirmation of. (I showed them the confirmation email I had gotten from them!) This was the first time I had booked 2 rooms and that seems to have instigated the problem. They seemed to be confused because the email confirms the rate for both rooms combined each night instead of each room per night, but billing is per room - two separate statements. I had one minor problem on my second stay which was quickly and cheerfully resolved, so expected the same when I brought this to the attention of the desk clerk. I brought up the problem to the desk clerk before breakfast and she said she would speak to the General Manager later on. But later while I was eating breakfast told me it was my fault - that upon signing in I had accepted the "new" rate. On check-in I had signed a document saying what my arrival rate was - I have many times had the rate change while staying, especially from weekday to weekend (which I did this time and one previous time), but the rate averages to what I was confirmed. So she informed me that this was now my rate - for each night, each room.

I called corporate from the hotel and they immediately saw the problem and called the front desk. Corporate called me back and explained what they think happened, and told me to expect a call from the General Manager. I waited a week for the call, nothing. I called corporate back and they called the hotel again. The next day I got a call from the GM but I felt like I was negotiating. He said he would credit half the amount I was owed and I reminded him I had 2 rooms that were affected, so he doubled the amount, but then I mentioned taxes, and he said I wouldn't get that. I asked if the room tax was a flat rate or a percentage, to which he replied (grudgingly) he would credit back anything over what I should have originally been charged. I was satisfied with that. He only credited back the room rate, not taxes. I will be finding another hotel to stay at in the future, since my kid just started at a local college and I will be back to the area on a regular basis.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express - West Sacramento, responded to this review, October 20, 2013
Dear longhairmom,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate to see the issues with your reservation and billing prevented you from fully enjoying your time at the hotel. We are confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Thank you again for your comments, we hope to have the opportunity to be of service to you again soon.

Adrian D
Case Manager
IHGCare
Surrey, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

Recently stayed for 3-nights during this return business trip to the Sacramento area. Once again, a clean, QUIET, and friendly stay. Hotel offers great access to I-80, downtown Sacramento, relatively nearby SMF airport and other areas in Northern California. This property offers the friendliest and most helpful staff whom I've encountered in recent years. True warmth and service to guests. Will stay here again during my next trip to the area. A bonus is close proximity/ walking distance to Vince's "old school" Italian restaurant and I Love Terriyaki. Both recommended as well!

Room Tip: Top floor, away from vending machines and elevator always a good choice. Be nice to staff and they...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Been to Holiday Inn Express - West Sacramento? Share your experiences!