I've stayed three times at the hotel, but will no longer do so. The first 2 stays were great, and the third was great until checkout when they would not honor the room rate I had confirmation of. (I showed them the confirmation email I had gotten from them!) This was the first time I had booked 2 rooms and that seems to have instigated the problem. They seemed to be confused because the email confirms the rate for both rooms combined each night instead of each room per night, but billing is per room - two separate statements. I had one minor problem on my second stay which was quickly and cheerfully resolved, so expected the same when I brought this to the attention of the desk clerk. I brought up the problem to the desk clerk before breakfast and she said she would speak to the General Manager later on. But later while I was eating breakfast told me it was my fault - that upon signing in I had accepted the "new" rate. On check-in I had signed a document saying what my arrival rate was - I have many times had the rate change while staying, especially from weekday to weekend (which I did this time and one previous time), but the rate averages to what I was confirmed. So she informed me that this was now my rate - for each night, each room.
I called corporate from the hotel and they immediately saw the problem and called the front desk. Corporate called me back and explained what they think happened, and told me to expect a call from the General Manager. I waited a week for the call, nothing. I called corporate back and they called the hotel again. The next day I got a call from the GM but I felt like I was negotiating. He said he would credit half the amount I was owed and I reminded him I had 2 rooms that were affected, so he doubled the amount, but then I mentioned taxes, and he said I wouldn't get that. I asked if the room tax was a flat rate or a percentage, to which he replied (grudgingly) he would credit back anything over what I should have originally been charged. I was satisfied with that. He only credited back the room rate, not taxes. I will be finding another hotel to stay at in the future, since my kid just started at a local college and I will be back to the area on a regular basis.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Express Hotel West Sacramento, California, is a 100% smoke-free hotel in the Sacramento area, conveniently located just off Business 80 and Harbor Blvd. It is two miles from Downtown Sacramento, Old Sacramento, State Capital, Raley Field, Sacramento River, Port of Sacramento and the Sacramento Convention Center. We provide excellent facilities and a prime location for the business or leisure traveler. All rooms have free high-speed Internet connection. Airport shuttle service is available with a charge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Expedia, Travelocity, Low Cost Holidays, Odigeo, Priceline, Agoda, BookIt.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Express - West Sacramento reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express - West Sacramento Hotel West Sacramento
- Holiday Inn West Sacramento
- West Sacramento Holiday Inn