“My Second Great Stay at this HI Express. Highly recommended!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #3 of 16 Hotels in West Sacramento
Surrey, Canada
“My Second Great Stay at this HI Express. Highly recommended!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

Recently stayed for 3-nights during this return business trip to the Sacramento area. Once again, a clean, QUIET, and friendly stay. Hotel offers great access to I-80, downtown Sacramento, relatively nearby SMF airport and other areas in Northern California. This property offers the friendliest and most helpful staff whom I've encountered in recent years. True warmth and service to guests. Will stay here again during my next trip to the area. A bonus is close proximity/ walking distance to Vince's "old school" Italian restaurant and I Love Terriyaki. Both recommended as well!

Room Tip: Top floor, away from vending machines and elevator always a good choice. Be nice to staff and they...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Tucson, Arizona, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

Sophie the manager was excellent! She assisted us with a fax and persisted when the receiving machine had issues. She was helpful, cheerful and gave us good info about dining options. The room was warm when we arrived, on the west side of the hotel, and it took the AC awhile to cool down. The beds and premium bedding were comfortable and met our needs. We appreciated the refrigerator. Was very quiet in the halls and on property. Did not see the neighborhood but was near the highway and gas station as we headed home by car.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Satellite Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

I ended up here after my less expensive hotel of another brand flooded my bathroom and had nothing else available. I called here at 11pm and the night manager set a room aside for me right away. Now I know why, especially when traveling for work why I will always stay at Holiday Inn when available. Check-in quick, room spotless, comfortable and in very good shape. Wi-fi worked great, breakfast wasn't spectacular, but free and certainly adequate. All hotel staff very friendly. Right off the freeway which was great while traveling. Would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Vallejo, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

I stayed here on business last weekend. I picked it as it's just off the freeway and close to where I had to be the next day. The front desk was friendly and even knew my home town well. The room was clean and all the amenities worked including the WIFI. I didn't have a chance to try the hot tub but it looked inviting. I didn't notice anything wrong with the neighborhood but didn't wander too far afield. Although there are ample fast food joints I wanted a real sit down dinner. They directed me to an Italian place across the street. Food was great (Rib-eye) and AMPLE! Oddly it is attached to another motel I had seen here called Vince's that was cheaper. I asked the waitstaff about it. They said stay where you are! I thanked them as I would rather pay a LITTLE more to be happy with my accomodations. Breakfast bar looked good but I was in a rush to get out of there. Bottom line is that I will be back in a week or 2.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Loveland, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

The hotel is quite nice, clean and quiet and the staff is friendly. The only complaint I have is not the fault of the hotel, but the neighborhood is a bit dilapidated. There is construction equipment abandoned or stored long term on the adjacent lot.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013 via mobile

Enjoyed our one night stay. The motel was very clean and looked almost new. Breakfast Bar was well stocked and employee was present and continually restocking and cleaning. Only problem noticed was the slow elevator. Traveling across country, this was one of our favorite motels.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Klamath Falls, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013 via mobile

This HI Express is ok but not what we have come to expect from that chain. Most disappointing was the Wi-fi that never materialized so I was grateful for my smart phone 4g. The room was small but cozy. There are lots of fast food restaurants nearby within walking distance, and property is very close to freeway and handy to downtown.

• Stayed June 2013

Been to Holiday Inn Express - West Sacramento? Share your experiences!