“When I grow up...” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 17 Hotels in West Hollywood
Melbourne, Australia
“When I grow up...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

I stayed in four hotels during my stay in the US; two were excellent, one was very good and one was... just okay. The latter was Le Parc Suites which, after the glittering Cosmopolitan in Las Vegas, brought me back down to earth with a thud.
Firstly the check-in procedure was dreadful. To be fair to the staff on duty, they were struggling with a new check-in system that had just been installed, but there was no effort to acknowledge my arrival or to tell me they'd be with me shortly. It took more than five minutes for them to say 'hi' and more than ten minutes for me to be handed the room key.
The room itself (a studio king suite) was cavernous and comfortable; the bed was large and my sleep was uninterrupted. There was a little balcony overlooking the neighbouring properties which provided a little bit of greenery and the odd spotting of a squirrel or two.
The bathroom/shower and adjoining cupboard/wardrobe are in desperate need of a refresh. They look like circa-'80s motel style and are dark and dingy with poor lighting.
My room wasn't serviced after the first night of my stay - and I had to call reception for them to get someone to come and do so.
I ordered breakfast in the room one morning. Two pancakes, a pot of tea, milk and a juice cost close to $50. And parking on the property, while limited, incurs an additional $36 per night fee.
I'm happy to say my service experience improved as my stay went on - and the check-out procedure was excellent, but my Le Parc experience was a far cry from what I'd expected after a friend's glowing recommendation.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Michael C, Guest Relations Manager at Le Parc Suite Hotel, responded to this review, February 1, 2014
Thank you for the detailed feedback and everyone can be assured that we have adapted to the new property management system and that we are using it to provide the best customer service available during the check in process. It is unfortunate that there were other concerns and that overall we did not exceed your expectations. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to regain your confidence in the future as we pride ourselves on our service levels and would like to have that opportunity.

Best Regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

My brother and I stayed at this hotel last summer and it was our best holiday experience ever! The rooms are HUGE, it would be appropriate to call them full fledged apartments, with large bathroom area, bedroom, living room, dining/kitchen area with two large flat screen TVs. I truly felt at home during my stay. Also, if you don't feel like staying in your room, the roof top pool area has plenty of space for people to relax and sun bathe.

Further to the above, the hotel is in a really great location, it is a short walk away from the Beverly Center, grocery stores and attractions (such as The Grove and the Hollywood Strip)

Lastly, I would recommend this hotel anyone who will be travelling to LA, it is definitely worth the money and you'll have a great time. I was so sad when I left and hope to return this summer.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for the recommendation and the time you have taken to write about your stay with us. We are so pleased that we contributed to a great holiday experience. We were sad to see you go but hope to see you again for another opportunity to be your hotel of choice while coming to LA.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013

Just a short walk from the Beverly CTR, le PARC is an all suite hotel in the heart of West Hollywood.
Rooms are modern and well appointed, and as the hotel is on a residential street, it is very quiet.
No real communal areas, but the roof is a gem, with a cool pool.

Room Tip: Get a room at the back for extra peace and quiet.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your feedback and providing the extra tips for our future guests. It is great to hear that your stay included taking advantage of the rooftop area. We call it the SKYDECK and think it is great place to relax and enjoy the surrounding views while visiting West Hollywood.

West Hollywood, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

My fiance and myself were in los Angeles this past weekend attending a friends wedding. We stayed at Le Parc Suite Hotel December 13 - 15th. We were never as disappointed with a hotel stay, as we were with Le Parc Suite Hotel. Hairs were found in the shower, the room had a terrible odor and the hotel was very loud.. We were unable to sleep at 2:30 am, as we awoken by conversations from the kids staying in the room next to ours, about how there was a band staying at the hotel and they were trying to have their picture taken with them and autographs. We found out it was a boy band from Australia that my fiance and I had had never heard of and we couldn't figure out what the big deal was about, but it was the last thing we wanted to hear about at 2:30 in the morning when we were trying sleep. Additionally, their was a large group of girls lingering around the front of the hotel and in the hallways quite often screaming and cackling. All and all, I would not go there again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Your feedback is greatly appreciated and will be used to address any concerns that can be overcome. Cleanliness is the highest priority and certainly we are disappointed in the response about your stay. Again thank you for bringing the opportunities to our attention.

Mesa, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

We stayed here when we took my granddaughter to The American Girl Place. The rooms have been nicely redone and it was clean and conveniently located. The full kitchen was more than ample. My only complaint is that there were not enough sheets and towels in the rooms, and the only parking garage we could use was 2 garages over from our room and it was $36 a night for parking! Throughout the night there was some sort of mechanical noise coming from underneath (the garage) that awakened us several times. We had little interaction with staff.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
I believe I remember discussing the excitement of taking the granddaughters to the American Girl Store with you while you were here. It is a great package option and we are grateful that you booked your stay with us including the package. Great feedback for us to use in order to increase awareness for adapting to the amount of guest staying for towels and other amenities. This information will be shared. We have been working hard on restorative plumbing in the building and recently completed a large project to relieve the pressure and reduction of noise that could be caused by the water pipes. Thank you for your comments and we hope to see you and your family return soon.

Hobe Sound, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2013

Have been staying at this little hotel for a long time (20 years or so). It is not an everybody place but if you like fun little intimate places go to Le Parc. The rooms are large suites. with two big TVs. The little restaurant is excellent as is the roof top area that we allways have breakfast at. There is a tennis court, pool and spa up there as well. Small gym on the 3rd floor. If you want big lobbys with people milling around don`t go here. It caters to a lot of people in the music industry but no one seems to bother them. Great little place!!!

Room Tip: 3rd floor is what we request.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
We are very appreciative of your loyalty for the past twenty years and are grateful that you have taken the time to share your comments with us. Looking forward to the opportunity to provide you with the service levels your deserve for the next twenty years to come.

Broomfield, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

Day one: My Fiance and I arrive to check in, they tell us that the room we booked months in advance is not available, and they will have to put us in a room with two TWIN BEDS (on the first floor) but will move us to our original room tomorrow at FOUR PM. (We were only staying for 3 nights)
Day Two: I am awoken by people running around in the room above us. Frustrated I call down to complain and tell them that it is bogus I cant sleep in the same bed with my fiance and had to sleep in child sized beds in the first place! Also getting woken up at 6:30 am while on vacation is pretty stupid as well. They said they will comp our breakfast for the rest of the stay. So I order a nice big $70 breakfast so find out that they are not comping this day but the NEXT 2 mornings.
Day Four: When we finally check out, they tell me it looks like the only charge was for the first day of breakfast, fine.

I get home the next day and check my checking account to find I am negative $500.00 in my account with overdraft fees! When I call them they tell me they put a hold on my account and the funds will not be back in my account for 7-10 business days! Did they tell me they would be holding that much? No, they did not. They are very sneaky. They obviously gave our suite away, and to not piss me off even more the night we checked in they decided to not tell me they would be charging my account $500 and I wouldnt have access to those funds for 7-10 days. I would never stay here again, my trip was partially ruined. We werent staying long and EVERYTHING was awful awful awful! Also, the only thing the maids do to "clean" your room is replace your towels, there is no making the bed, changing the sheets, etc.

There was also a boy band staying there which brought a clan of teenage girls that they just let line the outside gate, and hallways. DO NOT STAY HERE

Room Tip: Stay on the top floor if you do not want to be disturbed
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Michael C, Guest Relations Manager at Le Parc Suite Hotel, responded to this review, December 12, 2013
Your feedback and comments are appreciated and we do understand the disappointment that you felt when you did not receive the expected bed type from your reservation. This is something that we are committed to providing and we do apologize that in your case the room type was not available on the first night of your stay. Staying in most hotels that are full service usually require an authorization on a credit card for the amount of room and tax and additional authorization to cover for incidentals, I apologize that it was not clear that this is our policy. Funds are released based on credit card and bank policies and not controlled by the hotel after the check-out process. We are a practicing environmentally friendly hotel but do state on the cards in the guest rooms that full service is available upon request. Again we thank you for your feedback and apologize that we were not able to meet your expectations.
Sincerely

Been to Le Parc Suite Hotel? Share your experiences!