“fantastic boutique hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Le Parc Suite Hotel

You added Le Parc Suite Hotel to your Saves list
Le Parc Suite Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   733 North West Knoll Drive, West Hollywood, CA 90069 (West Hollywood)   |
Special Price
15% off room rate
Ranked #7 of 17 Hotels in West Hollywood
brisbane
“fantastic boutique hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

this is a fantastic boutique hotel in an excellent location for hollywood sightseeing. the staff are lovely, the pool deck is wonderful (with a veiw over the hollywood hills), the rooms are lovely and spacious and the beds are super comfy. I couldn't fault it. highly recommend for families, business people and solo travellers alike.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at the Le Parc hotel recently for 3 nights while on a business trip in Los Angeles. First off, this hotel has been recently renovated meaning that while parts of it are now quite nice and updated, there are several areas (like the lobby) where the hotel clearly shows its age. The rooms are nice and well furnished but there are numerous gaps in the hotel's presentation that made me wonder why I was paying so much.

The reason why I am giving this hotel 3 stars is for the following reasons:

1. Parking was $37/night which was a total ripoff for self-parking in their ugly parking garage. There is street parking all around the hotel and some of it is free, so don't waste your money on this additional fee.

2. Despite having my do not disturb sign on the whole weekend, I was harassed by housekeeping several times and once they even entered the room to clean it while I was away despite the sign hanging from the door. I had important work documents laid out everywhere and although the staff did not disturb my work it still felt very creepy that they entered the room against my will. On my checkout day the staff banged on my door and woke me up at 10:45am to inform me that if I wasn't out by 11 I would be assessed a late checkout fee. It was obnoxious and hardly necessary as I was out the door less than 5 minutes after they came.

3. The walls are very thin. Even though the rooms are large I could hear everything outside my door at all hours. This is a pretty quiet hotel at night, but if you like to sleep in this is not the best hotel for that.

Overall the staff was very nice and the room was HUGE and the location was very good, close to lots of trendy West Hollywood restaurants and shops. I paid about 220/night plus parking and felt like the majority of the value for the money depended on whether you really need a large room, which I did not. Thus although Le Parc wasn't a terrible experience other than the housekeeping, I probably would not stay here again.

Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed here from March 31 - April 9. We chose the hotel based on location and reviews. When we got to the hotel, which was super easy to get to from the airport (thank you GPS), we were pleasantly surprised. The doorman took our bags from the trunk and put them right inside at the front desk. By the time we got inside, the lady at the front desk had our reservation ready. We didn`t even have to give our names! Everyone who worked here was exceptionally nice. Anytime we had questions, they were more than willing to give any type of advice we needed. The rooms were very spacious. Beds are amazingly comfortable. Loved the vanity in the bathroom. I think my boyfriend appreciated that all of my makeup and hair products didn`t have to be cluttering the counter. As far as parking price is concerned, who cares! We rented a car for the 10 days we were there. Having a garage where we could park the car was so handy. Even at $36 a day, it beats having to find street parking. You have to pay for parking anywhere in LA. Even when we went to Subway for 10 minutes, it cost us $3! When we come back to LA, this is where we will be staying again. Usually we like to change things up, but this place was too good to not come back to.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Barry P, Director of Sales at Le Parc Suite Hotel, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
Thanks for staying at Le Parc and for taking the time to post such a great review. Delighted you were here and we look forward to welcoming you back when your travels take you to the greater Los Angeles area.

London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for an evening on business in April.
Having read the rest of the reviews on here, I was perhaps hoping for a little bit more from my stay here and would definitely not rate it in the top 5 hotels in the area as Tripadvisor does.

Firstly, on to the positives... The suites are nice. I was in room 246 and the suite was a great size, nicely decorated and the kitchen and everything you could need. I can see this being a good place to come on holiday if you want to maybe eat in a couple of evenings.

But I paid $250 to stay here for the evening (I think room rates were high because of Coachella festival) and I expect a little more overall luxury for the price. There was a problem with the power and we sat in darkness for 6 HOURS as they had to switch off everything in the hotel. Everywhere was lit by candles. There was no wifi access, the lobby was small, the food through room service was average at best and the service wasn't great. The staff clearly did not know how to deal with a crisis at the hotel.

If the price was a lot cheaper I'd consider staying there again if I was on a vacation on a budget but there are much nicer hotels to stay in in the area.

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
We're sorry your stay at Le Parc did not live up to your expectations. On the day you were with us, Los Angeles experienced a severe and unusual wind storm. Wind gusts reached over 80 miles an hour. One such gust caused a tree to tumble and down three power lines along with disabling a transformer. Le Parc, along with residents and businesses within a five block radius of the hotel, lost power. When it became evident that Southern California Edison would be unable to rectify the situation in a timely fashion, the hotel rented a generator to restore power. The process took longer than expected. While the hotel did everything it could to expedite matters, guests were inconvenienced and for that we apologize. Our staff - Front Desk, Engineers, Housekeeping and Management - are all trained in crisis management and assisted guests during the power outage. These circumstances were out of the ordinary and we appreciate your having beared with us .

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

I've stayed at the Le Parc Suites hotel about 2-3 times per year for the better part of 12 years. Generally, the hotel is excellent. All of the staff is extremely friendly and helpful. The rooms are clean, large, and the recent remodeling is excellent. The hotel restaurant is very good. In addition to Valet Parking, there is also self-parking, which I really like. In terms of price, location, and service, I've yet to find a better value in the LA area. I've really never had a bad experience here.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Glad you were with us and we're delighted you took the time to say such positive things about the hotel. We take ride in our accommodations, amenities and service, and we're happy to see it recognized by guests. Thanks again.

New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013 via mobile

Visiting family in LA and needed a nearby hotel for us and 2 teenagers. Got reasonable rate on Booking.com. On a quiet residential street 1 block off Melrose Ave. looks like nothing from outside.

Beautiful roomy suite with king bed , kitchenette, queen sofa bed, dining area, bar, and patio. We had a rolling bed added and there was plenty of room.

Bathroom was a little small for 4 but otherwise just right.

Heat is from stand alone air conditioning unit in bedroom and gas fire place in living room.

Parking is $40? Extra per night inside- nothing on the street. Free wifi and coffee.

Great place we'll be back.

• Stayed March 2013
Barry P, Director of Sales at Le Parc Suite Hotel, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Glad you were with us and glad you took the time to post a review on Trip Advisor giving us high marks. We look forward to having you back should your travels again take you to the greater Los Angeles area.

La Quinta, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

My medical condition requires me to travel to visit my specialists in Beverly Hills, Century City 2-3 times a month from my home in La Quinta, Ca. I have found a "new Home away from Home" in Le Parc~ I am a discerning traveler, and with a severe medical condition, am not traveling for pleasure, leisure, or business, but out of medical requirements. I usually stay at a large, elaborate Convention Hotel property but my driver suggested Le Parc and I could NOT be more impressed.

Stellar service. Giovanni, front desk manager, and team, provided us with personalized, exceptional attention throughout our stay and the suite was SO European chic. I love this property, the decor, clean, top of the line, spacious, opulent rooms with private lanais, and room service was impeccable. Chef Jose has so many delicious, fresh, healthy, beautifully prepared dishes that arrive within 10-15 minutes after ordering, and SO fabulous. I wish my health would allow me to dine in the dining room, but until then, in suite dining is superb.

I look forward to our next trip to Le Parc and there is no finer off-the main course boutique hotel. To anyone complaining about the parking fee, the fee is comparable, and in some cases, less than the other hotels surrounding it and unlike other huge convention top-chain properties, a 3-5 minute wait to have our car brought up, as opposed to 15 minutes or more at the high volume convention hotels. The neighborhood is so beautiful and I give Le Parc 5+ Stars!

Safe, and happy travels!

Room Tip: Upgrade to a suite, well worth it and you will LOVE the suites~ European charm, and elegantly decora...