“Sweet Dream Turned Hellish Nightmare” 2 of 5 stars

Special Price
15% off room rate
Ranked #8 of 17 Hotels in West Hollywood
Scottsdale, Arizona
“Sweet Dream Turned Hellish Nightmare”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

I stayed here last week when I was in town on business. The main entrance of the hotel had been blocked off due to construction at the hotel, so we had to enter through a side door. The entry was a little bit larger then a hallway and quite clusterphobic. Not exactly 4 star quality. The room was nice and clean, however it was quite noisy. The garage gate, 2 stories beneath our hotel room, kept squeaking all night long, as the gate opened and closed for vehicles entering and exiting the garage. I had an 11:30 am business meeting, and I so set my alarm for 8:30 am..Not having slept well the night before, because of the squeaking gate, and car horns sounding near the entry of the hotel, was just a preview of what was coming next. At 8:00 a.m. the jack hammering near the entry to the hotel had begun. Trucks arrived and backed up to the contruction at the front of hotel, sounding their back up alarms as the trucks backed into position. The alarms sounding for at least 10 minute intervals. I certainly didn't need my alarm clock at 8:30 am! If you want a good night sleep, and possibly sleep in in the morning, I would not advise coming to this hotel. I was very disappointed with the hotel and will not be returning.

Room Tip: Rooms on the backside of the hotel are quieter.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Barry P, Director of Sales at Le Parc Suite Hotel, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
On behalf of all of us here at Le Parc, I'd like to offer our apology over what you experienced - no excuses here. Our porte cache project, where, after 20 years, we are replacing the entrance to the hotel, caused more of a disturbance than we were told and the workers, who were to start their day after 9:00 a.m. began early. For that we apologize. The good news is that the work is winding down and the new entrace is just about ready to be unveiled. Again we're sorry we didn't live up to your expectations.

Barry D. Podob
Director of Sales

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

We stayed at Le Parc Suites for the second time in 2012 during December.
The hotel is located in a residential area just off Melrose with good access to most of LA. There are several cafes, restaurants and even shopping centres within walking distance of the hotel.
We stayed in a studio room on both occasions. The rooms are very clean, comfortable with lots of space and all suites have a small balcony with a small table and couple of chairs. The beds are super comfy too.
The staff are friendly and helpful.
The pool area is nice and the controlled temperature of the pool means its good to swim in both summer and winter.
This all said the hotel does still have a few areas for improvement.
The pool area is not staffed but there is a phone provided to call for service. In July I ordered lunch from the pool side but unfortunately the food never arrived as they forgot my order and the last time we were there I asked for food menus which they brought up but never came back to get my order.
I also had a problem with the sink as another apartment got a blockage which backfilled into my sink. They did try to repair it while I went out but on my return at 11pm it was still exactly the same, no one contacted me to tell me what was going on and I had to phone the next morning to complain again and then wait until an outside company was called to fix it.
Also, during the second stay we had noisy neighbours which woke us on a couple of occasions but I suppose that’s the luck of the draw.
Despite the faults, I would stay here again. The current owners are still in the process of trying to upgrade the hotel….hopefully they will do the bathrooms next…….as I said a great location and the pros outweigh the cons.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Thanks Nick - glad to have had you as a guest and appreciate ther kind words about Le Parc, our location close to so much L.A. has to offer, the size of our guest rooms, our amenities including trhe kitchenttes, dining area, living area and more. We look forward to welcoming you back the next time your travels take you to this locale.

Barry D. Podob
Director of Sales
Huntington Beach, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

Stayed here during Halloween and had an absolute blast. The front desk reception guy was hilarious (but not obnoxious) and extremely attentive to our needs. The rooms were absolutely gorgeous, and much larger than I had expected, especially with only three people. Alas, we weren't able to go for a dip in the pool, but the small fitness room was a welcome addition for my friend who wanted to look his best before hitting the parade.

Yes, the hotel is a bit pricey, but for those who are looking for a great room, attentive staff, and a place within walking distance to all of the local gay bars in West Hollywood, I'd highly recommend Le Parc Suite.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

This was our last stop on a month-long holiday to the US and we loved it here. We got a great deal and were really impressed at how clean the place was and the amenities available. The complimentary business center and laundry was great and we even played a rooftop game of tennis with fantastic views of LA. The staff were very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

A great value, considering that the Le Parc Suites is really a small apartment., I'm in LA often for business and find that the Le Parc is very centrally located to everyplace I have to be. The staff is friendly without being cloying, and the rooms are immaculate.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

We stayed at the Le Parc for 4 days over New Year's Eve. Housekeeping didn't usually show up until late in the afternoon (sometimes when we were back from our daytime sightseeing and getting ready for the evening) and didn't clean the room properly. My hair was in the bathtub all 4 days we were there. I left a note asking for additional toiletries and clean glasses and didn't get any. Had to call the front desk and ask again.
The suite was nice and the flat screen TVs were a nice addition. However, I'd expect to have some flatware, dishes and glasses in it since it was, you know, a suite with a stove and a fridge. Instead, we had to keep asking the front desk for utensils.
Even though the suites have been remodeled, the outside of the hotel looks like a classic rundown LA apartment building (I guess that's what it used to be). The lobby was under construction and we had to go from one end of the building to the other with all our stuff.
They have to figure out a better parking situation too. $30 for daily parking whether you valet or self-park. Really? That was a bit of a rip off.
We had dinner once and breakfast once at the hotel. The food was decent but it took forever to arrive both times. Not because they were busy or we were there at odd hours. At one time there were just two other tables taken so being busy does not justify the delay.
Overall, we had a mediocre experience. For $300+ a night. Definitely overpriced and overrated!

Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Yreka, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

First of all, this is a nice boutique hotel located in a nice residential area and close to shopping, Starbuck's and other necessities. The living room has a nice fireplace, and the balcony, while looking directly on the street, nevertheless is a nice place to have a cup of coffee.
The unit comes with a good refrigerator, table, 2 TVs and lots of closet space.

Where the hotel falls a bit short on are the "amenities". The carports and the lobby are going through major renovations and thus are not always easily accessible. The showers are a bit dated with crusted shower heads.

The master bed is really comfortable with a nice comfortable. However, for the other family members, the fold out couch is not usable if you desire actually sleeping. The sheets are not included in the room when you arrive either for the sofa couch.

It is funny that the complimentary coffee brewer only comes with sugar as an option in all the packages (never an issue at Comfort Inn or Motel 6).

While there are cooking facilities, there are no plates or silverware or pots to be found anywhere? Seems strange.

Finally, if you use the pool deck, which is very nice with a whirlpool and pool, don't plan on using the propane heaters on cold nights as they are decorative only as repeated calls to the desk did not result in any propane materializing.

Now, to give the hotel credit, we stayed here a few years ago and they are doing their best to renovate and paint the rooms, and the staff is courteous if not as responsive as other boutique hotels. We are hopeful that in another year or so they will be able to correct the few things that makes boutique hotels fun to stay at and rise to the class of hotel that they truly can be for Los Angeles

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Been to Le Parc Suite Hotel? Share your experiences!