“Very chic very good” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The London West Hollywood

You added The London West Hollywood to your Saves list
The London West Hollywood
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1020 North San Vicente Boulevard, West Hollywood, CA 90069 (West Hollywood)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
New Specialty Suites!
Ranked #3 of 17 Hotels in West Hollywood
Sydney, Australia
“Very chic very good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

We had 3 nights here at the start of our US trip. Arrived in the morning off a Sydney flight and the room was ready for us which was fantastic. A beautiful room - spacious and well set out. A huge bathroom and I mean huge. Separate shower and bath. Very comfy bed and a huge terrace.

We started with an easy day and spent a few hours by the pool with lovely bloody mary's and snack food. Was one of the highlight days of the trip.

Concierge was very helpful as were the folks out front getting taxis.

We ate at the rooftop restaurant which was great but the breakfast restaurant was a shambles. The wait staff were disinterested and difficult to get to do anything - refills, cutlery etc. Food is reasonably good quality.

We also ate in the Gordon Ramsay restaurant which was disgraceful - see my other review for details.

In terms of location, it worked for us. It was across the road from the Big Bus stop, walking distance to a pharmacy and mall, and round the corner from iconic Sunset Strip locations such as Whisky A GoGo and Viper Room.

Only glitch was that there was no in-room coffee maker. Until on the last night I read a review on here complimenting them on their coffee machines. So I hunted around the room and there was none. So I called the front desk and they sent one up. Then I had to call in the morning to get coffee pods sent up and a separate visit for cups. Then the damn thing didn't work. Spent 30 minutes and $10 in tips to people to bring the makings for a coffee, and got no coffee. Would have been cheaper and more satisfying to order a coffee from room service. I mentioned this to front desk when checking out and their curious response was "It's a pity you didn't have anything from your minibar because then I could have deducted an amount to compensate you for the inconvenience". Super. Thanks,

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
SarahDandashy, Manager at The London West Hollywood, responded to this review, September 2, 2014
Dear SandDragon,

Thank you for your thorough review of your recent stay. It's nice to hear that you enjoyed many aspects of the hotel.

I am sincerely sorry you did not have a coffee maker in your room. Certainly, we do make a point to have coffee makers in all of our rooms, although sometimes they do get removed due to various requests. Please feel free to reach out to me personally prior to your next stay so we can be sure to make it a spectacular visit!

Warm regards,

Concierge, Les Clefs d'Or
sdandashy@thelondonweho.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (275)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

We stayed at the London hotel to celebrate my birthday and were really impressed with the rooms and staff. After having done numerous "staycations" in the LA-area at high-end hotels I can safely say that this is one of my favorites. The standard suites are huge compared to say the SLS, and the bathrooms are incredibly well-appointed. The room we stayed in also had a great little balcony overlooking La Cienega and onto Sunset Blvd. The rooftop pool area was also great for relaxing during the day. The only reason I did not give the hotel 5 stars is because I was underwhelmed by the main restaurant given its credentials and price point. As that LA has so many amazing dining options I would recommend going out of the hotel to eat. However, I would definitely stay at the hotel again over other similarly-situated hotels in the area.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear JayKay2006,

Thank you for giving such a wonderful review of your stay with us! We too pride ourselves in our convenient location, spacious rooms, beautiful bathrooms, and our staff. I do apologize that you found our restaurant with to be a little underwhelming. That is not our goal. I will pass that feedback along!

On a different note, you might be pleased to know that this September we are launching 23 new luxury suites with separate living rooms and sleeping areas! So I certainly hope that you plan to stay with us again in the future!

Warm regards,

Concierge, Les Clefs d’Or
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

We stayed here for our anniversary and it was lovely. We had a beautiful room with a huge bathroom. The bathroom had a huge tub and nice shower. I loved the robes. The room was large and had a comfortable bed. We had dinner at the restaurant in the hotel and it was quite good but the menu was limited because it was Restaurant Week. That being said, it was very inexpensive during restaurant week. They offer a free breakfast in the morning which was bagels, meats, fruits, yogurts. I like how close the hotel is to the Sunset strip. They have a 24 hour gym and fitness center. The staff was very friendly and nice. Would recommend to others.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Chappaqua, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

Hotel was beautiful,we'll appointed and rooms were amazing. The rooftop pool is a must. We were so surprised at the luxury this hotel had to offer. The food by Gordon Ramsey was top rate and service was excellent. The staff treated us like royalty.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

I come to Los Angeles twice a year on business,usually bringing my wife,and we have stayed in numerous four and five star hotels here in Santa Monica,Beverly hills and Marina del Rey.The London in West Hollywood is one of the best values we have found in LA. The service was excellent, the room was very large with a generous bathroom. There was a great rooftop area including a pool and a Gordon Ramsey restaurant. We booked 2-3 months in advance and got an incredible rate. For those of you with Amex platinum cards the hotel is in the fine hotel program. Great place,would highly recommend it.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Dublin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014 via mobile

I was very excited to check into this hotel after reading all the glowing reviews. I have to say at first I was impressed by the size of our room and the bathroom is indeed pretty spectacular with a huge marble trimmed tub and two showers.

But I think this place is really overrated. The rooftop pool is just a pool and is not particularly impressive. Plus every time I went to it it was full of kids. The hotel nickel and dimes you for everything. A latte with your breakfast will cost you $7. The cocktails at the pool average $17 each, and I had literally the worst blow dry of my life (and I get weekly blow dries) in their salon which cost me $95 dollars (not including gratuity).

The location is okay. The food is okay. I have stayed in much better hotels for less money.

• Stayed July 2014
Dear dgelbard,

I am sorry to read your review of your most recent stay with us. Certainly we strive to impress, and I am sincerely sorry that we did not do so with your case.

Our rooftop does not usually have a large number of children, but with summer in full swing, more families tend to travel. I am sorry you felt nickeled and dimed. We do consistently check-in with other hotels and attempt to keep our prices and offerings in line with other high end properties within the area.

Should you decide to stay with us again, please feel free to reach out to me directly to ensure your stay is a special one!

Warmest regards,
Concierge, Les Clefs d’Or
sdandashy@thelondonweho.com
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

We stayed here for seven nights and absolutely loved it. The hotel is in the perfect location right in west hollywood. The pool was chilled and chic. The restaurant was also lovely. Our room was large and the decor etc was beautiful. This was an amazing hotel, the only downside being the pricey parking but this is standard in LA. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a high floor and tip your maid.