“Good hotel in LA” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The London West Hollywood

Save Saved
You added The London West Hollywood to your Saves list
The London West Hollywood
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1020 North San Vicente Boulevard, West Hollywood, CA 90069   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #2 of 17 hotels in West Hollywood
New York
“Good hotel in LA”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2008

This is a newly converted hotel and as such it is very nice and modern with everything brand new. The rooms are very nice and very big, with huge bathrooms. The hotel has a very nice pool on the roof but no spa. I am no expert on LA and not a big fan but the location seems to be quite good. I only have a couple of negatives. 1. We did not eat at the Gordon Ramsey restaurant but we were told the food at the pool was from Gordon Ramsey's kitchen which was a little strange since most of the lunch menu items were sushi......anyway the food was not very good and very expensive, the drinks were also incredibly expensive at the pool. 2. This could very well be standard for LA, but I thought the $30 valet parking was way too much. All in all we would stay here again if we come back to LA

• Liked — rooms
  • Disliked — food
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

1,004 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (218)
Costa Rica
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2008

We loved our stay, rooms are fantastic, service at check is very fast and friendly. Decor is very modern. Gordon Ramsey restaurant is hard to get a table. Serves at the roof top pool could be friendlier and more attentive. Would definatly stay there again and again.....Great concierge!!

• Liked — Room, decor, location
  • Disliked — Service at the pool, hard to get a table at the restaurant
North Richland Hills, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2008

This hotel drips luxury and elegance at every turn. It is also an LA hotspot at night.
My wife and I were lucky enough to stay here 9/17/08 for a night and can not wait to get back.

The service was flawless and we were greeted by each staff member every time we were met.

The rooms are spacious. We had a room with a veranda. The veranda is roomy with a view of the city. The room is earth tones of brown and green. The bathrooms are huge. I am 6'3" and could practicly lie down flat in the bathtub. There is also a shower with a rainshower head and a handheld nozzle for optimum cleaning.

The room had an iHome, flat screen tv, and sensor lights that came on gently in the bathroom if you had to get up in the night.

I had mentioned on my reservation that it was my wife's birthday. When we got to our room there was a bottle of champagne, and a fruit tray with a nice card to her. Nice touch.

With each call for service, we got prompt response. Then, we got a follow up call to see if we were happy with what we asked for.

The pool area on the roof is like something you've seen in the movies. It has private cabana's you can reserve, lots of wait staff, a beautiful pool overlooking LA, and a full service bar.

Next to the pool is a fitness area. There are treadmills with a view, and behind those, a really nice gym with all the state-of-the-art equipment you would ever need for a good workout.

Finally, the location of this place is right around the block from sunset strip. My wife and I walked to most of the places we wanted to go because it was so close to so many entertainment venues. The hotel does offer a courtesy car, but we didn't use it.

If you like being pampered and treated like royalty, this is your place.

• Liked — Luxury and service
  • Disliked — absolutely nothing
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2008

I don't usually write reviews, this will be my first. I just fell in love with the staff here and feel they deserve recognition. Let's see.

The hotel is beautiful, rooms are huge and the bathrooms are heaven. I could drown in the tub. Everything is very clean and tidy as well.

The food is touch and go. It was a bit of a let down. The tomato and mozzarella salad is pretty good. The omelet is very good as well. The hash browns are addictive. The herb roasted chicken is very tasty, I ordered it twice. The bread I feel should have been much better and served warm and fresh. I wasn't to thrilled with their club sandwich or burgers. Their fries are not nearly what they should be for a hotel of this caliber, they are crunchy and bland.

The bar rocks. Very nice selection of wines and spirits as well as treats.

The staff is outstanding. They couldn't do more to help and everyone is so friendly and helpful. James, louis and julia are great. My tv did break 3 times but within ten minutes there was someone up here to fix it.

I will definitely be staying here again upon my return to LA.

• Liked — The staff.
  • Disliked — the food and no free wifi
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Luxembourg
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2008

I stayed four nights in a Crown Suite. Excellent arrival and check-in procedure.

The room was very spacious. I didn't exactly love the decor but it's a very comfortable room. There was quite a lot of street noise since the room was located on a corner towards Sunset Boulevard and the windows offer very little soundproofing.

The bathroom was huge; not luxurious, just big and empty and while the shower with two shower heads is funny it is pretty useless.

The old windows and low ceilings reveal that it's an old property which has been renovated.

The hotel is conveniently located. The Sunset Plaza with all the restaurants and shops are within easy walking distance.

We didn't eat at the Gordon Ramsay restaurant because we didn't really like the look of the place

The gym was a big disappointment. Limited equipment in a closed room on the roof. However, the complimentary laundry service of workout wear is excellent. The rooftop pool area is very pleasant.

In my opinion the service was comparable to any other luxury hotel but the overall hotel experience is not as great as what the usual top luxury brands can offer. However, the rates at the London West Hollywood are only half of what the big luxury brands ask and, therefore, I actually think that the LWH hotel is excellent value for money.

• Liked — The spacious rooms
  • Disliked — Low ceilings
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2008

We are a family of four and have just returned from 7 nights at the London West Hollywood. I can't begin to say how fantastic it was. What a pleasure to return our hire car each day to the valet service. All extremely professional and very friendly (not in a have a nice day fashion though!). Concierge was excellent and very helpful but the rooms were something else. Huge marbled bathrooms and a room with enough space to really unwind. Quiet air conditioning (a must for me) and huge beds with feather pillows that are beyond belief.

We didn't eat at the Gordon Ramsey restaurant but the location is great, just off Sunset Strip, with many restauarnts. Just around the corner from the Beverley centre, Rodeo Drive etc

I honestly can't think of a single thing wrong with this hotel and I have stayed in many .

We are not fancy people but this hotel really made us feel special

Exteremely highly recommended

• Liked — Absolute Luxury
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Laguna Niguel, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2008

My husband wanted to experience Gordon Ramsay's newest creation for his birthday & we were not dissapointed. After checking into the London L.A., which is very modern, with an upscale English vibe (with a crack staff) we had a 2 & 1/2 hour dinner that was wonderful! Which is saying something after just returning from a 1 month stay in Paris & finding nothing that even came close. We now long for Almond Soup & a very fabulous Cara cara Orange creation that almost defies description that was delectable. We plan to return for another special occasion as our dinner was fantastic & even with a one hour + drive (from Orange County) factored in, it is worth the journey.

As for the hotel we found it warm, inviting, chic & super clean with wonderful touches throughout inlcuding big & wonderful bathrooms. Plus a tub to die for. The shower is more than big enough for two & I'm pretty sure you will feel super pampered in any of the suites. We also found the staff, throughout the hotel, super attentive making me wonder what all the other hotels in L.A. were left with.

We had only a couple of negative experiences during our stay: one being my husband ordering breakfast (which we got super fast) & getting an omlette that had only mushrooms in it when he asked for everything BUT mushrooms. We got an apology & a quick replacement. The other was upon ordering room service & getting a glass of milk for $10.18 the server told me not to bother tipping him as he would'nt see it on his pay check. We had a talk about this, because my husband believe in making sure that the people who do a great job taking care of us are rewarded. Long story short: I gave a note to the Manager on Duty regarding our concern, got 2 e-mails as a follow-up & was very impressed by Ashley's professionalism & promise to get to the bottom of it.

In closing, I have never been as impressed by any hotel's staff (including the Plaza's & other 5 *'s) & it is well worth a long or short stay.

Stayed September 2008

Been to The London West Hollywood? Share your experiences!