“Excellent choice in WeHo” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The London West Hollywood

You added The London West Hollywood to your Saves list
The London West Hollywood
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1020 North San Vicente Boulevard, West Hollywood, CA 90069   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #3 of 17 Hotels in West Hollywood
london
“Excellent choice in WeHo”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013 via mobile

Just got back from 4 days @ the London. One of the best hotels I've ever stayed in. The rooms are massive with the best showers. Staff are consistently helpful and attentive. The pool upstairs is cool and very LA. breakfast each morning very good with fresh juice Etc and cute waiters. Best location in WeHo too and handy for boy town on Santa Monica Bld and short taxis ride to Bev Hills or Hollywood/Highland station. Price is good given level of service.

• Stayed May 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (242)
Key West
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Great views, large rooms and excellently appointed bathrooms. Can't wait to go back to London.
The breakfast was impeccable and the roof top pool and bar had a great view of Hollywood. Ended up checking back in after checking out, it was that good.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Toronto, Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

My wife, daughter and I stayed here for 3 nights in April. From the minute we arrived until the minute we left, the service from all the staff was incredible. The valet, front desk staff, people helping with luggage, and service at the breakfast table were all incredible.

We had a crown suite overlooking Hollywood Hills, which was very spacious and well decorated. The bed was comfortable and the wifi signal was strong. The bathroom looked like it was out of a magazine. We didn't use the pool, but did go up to the roof to see the views of the surrounding areas.

Only takes the valet a minute or two to bring the car up, so no need to call ahead unless you're really in a hurry.

I will definitely stay here again if I return to the LA area.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Glasgow, Scotland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the London West Hollywood for 4 nights and had the most enjoyable stay in LA. The rooms are pure luxury. We stayed in a vista view room and had a balcony which have us the sun in the morning and views over both the gorgeous Hollywood Hills & down over the downtown LA skyline. The rooms and beds were huge but sooo comfortable and you had a whole separate sitting area with sofa etc with the Tv in perfect view of both the sofa and bed. The bathroom was massive and stunning with full marble design. There was a huge bath and double shower - yet more luxury! I loved the dressing area behind the bed which was perfect for putting on my make up and drying and styling my hair. The inclusive continental breakfast was ideal to set you up for the day (cereal, fruit, pastries, yoghurt, toast, etc, plus tea & juice). You can also order hot food at an extra cost - I ordered the Eggs Benedict on our last day since we would be travelling and it was delicious - well after having to ask for the eggs to be cooked for longer as the whites were quite raw and translucent. Although the server acted pleasant enough to my request, I didn't really appreciate his initial response of 'well that's how we cook them here' which was the 2nd comment from him about what he thought was a strange request as I was from the UK rather than America - his first was that he didn't understand why I wanted milk with my black tea despite his colleague offering me milk the day before without question. His comment again was about how that's not how they drink their tea there!! Not appreciated & I felt slighty cheeky. Plus this is the London hotel who seem to encourage UK tourists to stay there! Very slight issue over our whole stay but obviously stood our so much due to the 'attitude' of him as every other member of staff were most pleasant and friendly. The bar area in the evening was also very relaxed and comfortable - we enjoyed a few drinks here on 2 nights. The hotel also very kindly provided us with complimentary champagne and Gordon Ramsay chocolate truffles for my husbands birthday which was a lovely touch. The hotel is also in a good location for West Hollywood and within walking distance of restaurants and bars. However LA is so huge that we had to take taxis to/from Hollywood, Beverly Hills, Santa Monica etc. The hotel was a great choice and spoiled us for the next hotels we stayed at afterwards. We would definitely return to the London should we visit LA again.

• Stayed April 2013
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

After staying 3 nights at the London Hotel in NYC I was not looking forward to staying at the London Hotel West Hollywood as my experience at NYC was disappointing ( to say the least).
How wrong I was! Is this hotel part of the same group? Perhaps the NYC staff could spend some time in LA to learn how to operate a hotel.
I could not fault this hotel, it is in a quiet location and although a bit out of the way for local attractions they do offer a courtesy car for transportation.
We stayed in a "Balcony Room" which I would recommend as it adds a further dimension to the already large accommodation. The rooftop pool was great and the breakfast cafe was superb.
Full marks to the London West Hollywood - I would stay there again.

Room Tip: Try a Verandah Suite - it is worth the extra
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
South Kensington, London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

I had the pleasure to stay at this hotel for 6 nights. Absolutely everything about the hotel was fantastic.

The staff are ALL delightful. The building is fabulously decorated and looked after.

The breakfast is a treat and lastly the guys who look after the door really make you feel like you are the only person who has ever stayed in their hotel!

Brilliant!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
mobile
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

the setting is perfect for a hollywood visist. The staff was extremly helpful as they honored my reservation for one night even though we erroneously booked for two nights. The room size and balcony make for a very relaxing atmosphere

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to The London West Hollywood? Share your experiences!