“Wonderful hotel!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The London West Hollywood

Save Saved
You added The London West Hollywood to your Saves list
The London West Hollywood
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1020 North San Vicente Boulevard, West Hollywood, CA 90069   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #2 of 17 hotels in West Hollywood
San Francisco, California
“Wonderful hotel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

We had gone through a very rough day, but upon arriving at the hotel, our stress vanished. We ordered room service, watched a funny movie and drifted off to sleep in a room with a beautiful view of the city. Truly, a very nice stay!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

1,009 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (220)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

Can't thank the staff enough for a wonderful overnight stay at the London. The valets, bellhops, and front desk staff were all a pleasure. Had a great time at the rooftop pool for a quick swim, then later before dinner for a drink. Our suite was spotless and spacious, with a beautiful view of Los Angeles. After a busy weekend, we checked in and spent the rest of our time in the hotel. Dinner and a great complimentary breakfast at Gordon Ramsey's restaurant, and a lot of relaxation around the pool.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

I booked a room for one night as a surprise for my BF's birthday. We live in LA but I knew he'd be happy with a mini staycation, and the London met and in some cases exceeded my expectations. Upon checking in, we got upgraded to a suite on a higher floor. All the rooms are at least suite-size, meaning very spacious with a sitting area in addition to the bed. And the bathroom. Whoa. The nicest hotel bathroom I've seen. It was almost as big as the bedroom! And, this is just a side note, we loved the products (shampoo, conditioner, moisturizer, etc) that were provided. The balcony overlooking San Vicente Blvd had a fantastic view, and the bed itself was super comfortable and luxurious.

We went up to check out the rooftop pool, which also has an amazing view of the city. I will say that when we ordered a snack, it took forever to arrive. How long does it take to make a quesadilla? And we had to ask a couple times. But no big deal.

The main issue I had was with an unexpected charge from the London Bar off the hotel lobby. I had friends come meet us to celebrate my BF's birthday and had brought in an outside cake (which I had inquired about and they said was fine). The staff took care of the cake and asked me if I wanted it cut. I said yes, and they informed me there would be a $3 cutting fee. $3? Fine, whatever, I thought. Of course. And how many pieces should there be? I don't know, maybe 30? So they cut the cake and brought out the slices. Great. But then at the end of the night, I discovered that when they said a $3 cutting fee, they meant PER SLICE. So I was charged $90 just to cut the cake! And I had paid $65 for the cake itself, so it cost me $155 just to have a birthday cake with some friends! Had the staff been clearer about the PER SLICE charge, I would've cut the cake myself, or else just had them cut 4 big pieces or something. It was the one black mark on an otherwise great event.

But overall, I'd highly recommend the London. For what you get and in comparison to some other boutique hotels, it's fairly reasonable price-wise, just don't get your birthday cake cut by the staff!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Newton, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

I stayed at the London this past week for the first time and was very pleased and impressed. The hotel is simply elegant with beautiful furnishings and lighting, particularly in the lobby and in Gordon Ramsey's restaurant, but also in the rooms. All of the staff from Valet to Front Desk were extremely nice. The room was wonderful, particularly the view and the oversized balcony with its view of the Hollywood Hills and downtown L.A. A couple of important factors for me: There's a complete in-room movie system that works well and I could keep the AC/fan going all night (although it wasn't as strong as I'd like and there is a minimum limit of 65 degrees. One demerit for that from me as I like the fan strong and the room cold but I know in this Green day and age you can't always get what you want). A second demerit was for a mattress on the hard side but that's personal taste. I also didn't ask if there was another room with a softer mattress which I would do next time. And I will be back next time because you just feel special being in this hotel and in that room (and the way the rooms are set back from the halls they are very quiet). For this property and its excellent location I just hope that the prices stay reasonable for a hotel of this quality. (By the way, for the people who have complained on this site that the rooms are called "suites" but really are not, I suppose that's technically true although the hotel could erect a wall between the bed and the living-room area but then you'd lose the view from the bed to the Hills and downtown LA. So I prefer it stay as is. It's still a very big room.) Well done London and I'll see you on my next trip to LA!

Room Tip: The less expensive rooms (I think those were the Sunset Suites) don't have views as nice as the...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Houston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

This hotel really lives up to its name. It captures the luxury, style, and atmosphere of a five star hotel in London. The architecture is beautiful, the rooms are spacious, and the design is divine. The bathroom has dual showers with a separate tub, very indulging and relaxing.

The staff is friendly, efficient, and polite. I ordered an in-room massage, which was promptly coordinated and exactly what I needed.

We had a really great experience at this hotel, and look forward to coming back on my next trip to LA.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
berks
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

We were booked in to The London for two nights in March. We were there for a wedding. The room smelled strongly of a heavy duty disinfectant but I assumed it would fade. It did not. By 11pm, I had a sore throat. Despite this, we tried to sleep. Not possible. The noise from the traffic on Sunset Boulevard often sounded as though it was in the room with us. This was particularly so for revving motor bike engines. We did not know you had to ask for a quiet room but the hotel obviously did. In the morning, we found that they supplied earplugs in the bedside drawer. This is an expensive up-market hotel and yet the very large windows are single glazed. Ridiculous in such a location. A quiet room should be the norm.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

I've state here twice. Love the location. Great for furniture shopping. The rooms are big. This time I had a very noisy room. I asked to change and they accommodated me quickly and there was no noise in this room over the drive way. My ninth floor room was better the last time. Bathrooms are awesome. Beds are very good. Not awesome. Pillows need a little help in my opinion but they are plentiful so you can stack them. I like the breakfast but the staff there are not the best. The lady in the bar area of te free breakfast was great. Unlike tht yet have meat, cheese and tomorrow's as I don't eat wheat. I don't often repeat where I stay because I like to try new places but this time I chose to stay here again which says it all.

• Stayed March 2013

Been to The London West Hollywood? Share your experiences!