“You need ear plugs” 2 of 5 stars
Review of The London West Hollywood

You added The London West Hollywood to your Saves list
The London West Hollywood
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1020 North San Vicente Boulevard, West Hollywood, CA 90069   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #3 of 17 Hotels in West Hollywood
berks
“You need ear plugs”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

We were booked in to The London for two nights in March. We were there for a wedding. The room smelled strongly of a heavy duty disinfectant but I assumed it would fade. It did not. By 11pm, I had a sore throat. Despite this, we tried to sleep. Not possible. The noise from the traffic on Sunset Boulevard often sounded as though it was in the room with us. This was particularly so for revving motor bike engines. We did not know you had to ask for a quiet room but the hotel obviously did. In the morning, we found that they supplied earplugs in the bedside drawer. This is an expensive up-market hotel and yet the very large windows are single glazed. Ridiculous in such a location. A quiet room should be the norm.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (249)
Santa Barbara, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

I've state here twice. Love the location. Great for furniture shopping. The rooms are big. This time I had a very noisy room. I asked to change and they accommodated me quickly and there was no noise in this room over the drive way. My ninth floor room was better the last time. Bathrooms are awesome. Beds are very good. Not awesome. Pillows need a little help in my opinion but they are plentiful so you can stack them. I like the breakfast but the staff there are not the best. The lady in the bar area of te free breakfast was great. Unlike tht yet have meat, cheese and tomorrow's as I don't eat wheat. I don't often repeat where I stay because I like to try new places but this time I chose to stay here again which says it all.

• Stayed March 2013
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013 via mobile

Beautifully designed hotel just off the Sunset Blvd in W Hollywood. Rooms with true comfort and beautifully designed open to amazing views of the city. A rooftop pool with a great bar too! Walk to the Whiskey, Viper, Rainbow or any,of the old time rock clubs or down the street to the hottest gay bars in LA!

Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Charlotte, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

We have stayed at this hotel for 5 years now, and each year we realize why we keep coming back. We feel like we have "finally" arrived on the west coast when we get checked into the London. The staff is so friendly and the rooms as well as the view are amazing. If you go, you MUST visit the rooftop pool. Can't say enough good things about this wonderful hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Newmarket, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel twice now. Both times we had the Modern Vista Suite with 2 king size beds. The first time we had the most beautiful view of Los Angeles!!! I will look into my pictures and add some of the views. The second time we had a view of the rooftop gardens and also overlooking the Hollywood Hills!!! LOVE IT!! You can see the mansion they filmed Iron Man at the top of the hill plus so many celebrity homes.

The rooms are extremely clean with very modern and lovely decor. The bathroom is spacious. I like that we had a seat in the shower and several shower heads. I loved the huge deep bathtub.

The food from Gordon Ramsay's restaurant in the hotel was delicious! I am sure it was a bit pricey but consider where you are. And you pay for what you get. My daughter ordered the cheeseburger and fries and 4 of us agreed it was the best darn Burger we have EVER had in life! I do not know what they did differently but I will always return for more!

The best part was the rooftop pool! My daughter loved the pool and I have to admit I was worried with all the adults around that I was the only one with a child and she may irritate the guests. But I was wrong! The staff at the pool are so friendly and informative! Poor things I was asking so many questions about the area, things to do etc. They were all more than happy to sit and have a conversation with me. Both times there were always some children, but definitely more adults.

The location is amazing! Right off Sunset Blvd. Close to all major highways as we always rent a car and drive to Palm Springs, Santa Monica Downtown etc and we have never had a problem finding anything. There are a lot of restaurants and shopping in minutes of walking distance!!

This is a great modern, clean and perfectly situated hotel. I definitely recommend this hotel to anybody wanting to stay in the West Hollywood area who is not on a tight budget.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Irvine, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

It was a beautiful sunny day in West Hollywood when my husband and I arrived at The London, so we dropped off our bags and headed to the roof top pool. The pool area is very nice with a great view of the city. We had lunch up there on our lounge chair and the food was very good. We did have to share a lounge chair because we arrived in the middle of the day, and since it was so nice outside the pool was crowded. It is not a huge party scene, more of a mellow, relaxing vibe. When we headed back down to our room, which was spacious, clean, and nicely decorated we headed to our balcony and watched the sunset over our city view. The bathroom was also gorgeous. The shower was large with the option to use a rainfall nozzle, a regular one and a hand held nozzle. The next morning, they offered a buffet which was included in our hotel stay cost, but the breakfast menu looked so delicious, we ordered off of that instead. The London is also in a great area. In walking distance to the Sunset Plaza, Viper Room and many other touristy spots. I would definitely stay here again if we are in the West Hollywood area.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013 via mobile

The bathrooms at this place are truly outstanding. My room had a separate double shower and a separate tub. Nice shower products too. The rooms are quite spacious as well. I would definitely stay there again and recommend to others. It is not too pretentious which is also a bonus.

Stayed February 2013

Been to The London West Hollywood? Share your experiences!