“Customer Service at its best” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The London West Hollywood

You added The London West Hollywood to your Saves list
The London West Hollywood
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1020 North San Vicente Boulevard, West Hollywood, CA 90069 (West Hollywood)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #2 of 17 Hotels in West Hollywood
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Washington, DC
“Customer Service at its best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

I will start by admitting that when I arrived to check in, I found out that I had accidentally made a reservation for 3 weeks later. Yes, I am brilliant! Luckily for me, Eugene at the front desk felt sorry for me, even though I'm sure the price to switch was in the hundreds of dollars. He spoke with someone in the back and got me into the same level room I'd reserved for 3 weeks later at the same rate. What an angel.

The room was one of the Veranda Suites and it was huge w/ a lovely little balcony (it's just one room btw). The bathroom was top notch w/ an amazing soaking tub that I didn't have the pleasure of testing out. A regret that will put the London at the top of my list for my next trip to LA. The morning complimentary continental breakfast is wonderful and not your typical dry danish and weak coffee. Check it out. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to check out the roof, but that will also be on my list for my next visit.

This was a gorgeous hotel with a fantastic, helpful staff. I will definitely be visiting again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (252)
New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

This hotel would be my "go-to" place in LA if not for the self-conscious, famous in their own mind young 'uns who seem to be a constant presence, pacing in the lobby. The rooms are well thought out, spacious and comfortable, the bathrooms large beyond necessary and the breakfast the best in town, however if you mind the sound of annoyingly loud prattle into cell-phone "deal making" then my advise would be to sprint through the lobby and hum to yourself in the elevator. The restaurant is fabulous, pricey and worth the cost and calories. Maybe I am cranky, maybe I need to "chill" but isn't that what I am paying for when I check in? Also every time I have stayed, there seemed to have been an event at the hotel, making the valet wait insufferable.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

Trust me I've travelled for years and experienced some fantastic accommodation - and this place was just terrific ! Amazing pool area food and location plus fabulous rooms - oversized and thank god a comfortable bed. The Conceirge staff - Kirk , was very helpful especially when my Armani watch was lost and found by the staff and handed in. We'll be back London - thanks again

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

Extremely disappointing on many levels..
1 the room is not a suite.. its a room maybe a big room but its a room...
a suite is two rooms living room and a bedroom.
(if each room had a goldfish bowl would it be ok to say each room had a personal Zoo i think not)
2 personal terrace is a balcony.. not a terrace a balcony.. maybe a nice balcony but a balcony.
3 after room confusion, i was kindly offered a fruit platter the next day, for my guests im still waiting.
4 furniture in room could do with an upgrade, armchair although pretty was tattered, head board was pretty scratched up (didnt want to think about what was happening in that bed before me, i suggest you change it)
5 bar staff were usual supercilious hollywood nonsense but thats to be expected.
i felt nickeled and dimed as i had a few visitors who were all promptly charged a minimum 12 dollars for Valet..
really disappointed in Amex that they would recommend this place..
Most of all its irritating when as a customer your sold something your not getting..
its not a suite its a room!!

Room Tip: If you want a suite dont stay here ...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

The London is by far the best place to stay in West Hollywood and I personally would say LA as well. I dont stay anywhere else now, food is amazing, rooms are very nice and well appointed, and service is on point but not bothering.

Although the hotel is deep in West Hollywood, its about 20-30 mins to LA and Santa Monice areas. Less without traffic.

Room Tip: All the rooms are beautiful but take one of the larger suites on the bottom floors. You still get th...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
SEATTLE
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the London W. Hollywood for 3 nights and loved the place. The room came with a balcony and was spacious as was the bathroom. The breakfasts were great--perfect for healthy eaters as well as those of us who like to indulge while traveling. The staff was unfailingly positive, friendly and eager to help. The first room they gave us smelled like someone had been smoking in it, and they provided a substitute immediately no questions asked. The valet parking staff did an amazing job even when things were busy. All positive.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

we're from LA but we often go for a short get away in hotels around LA. after having a baby, it's extremely hard to find a baby-friendly hotel. the London exceeded our expectation. wish we were from out of town that way we couldve stayed longer!
the staff were friendly, genuine, and helpful. they not only provided a crib upon request, but also gave us some baby shower gel, powder, and wipes!
the food was exceptional and view was spectacular. i wish i could give them 10 stars. having stayed in hotels in Asia and europe, the london is by far the most comfortable and friendly one. we will be back!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Been to The London West Hollywood? Share your experiences!