“Father's Day Weekend” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The London West Hollywood

You added The London West Hollywood to your Saves list
The London West Hollywood
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1020 North San Vicente Boulevard, West Hollywood, CA 90069   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #3 of 17 Hotels in West Hollywood
Rye, New York
“Father's Day Weekend”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012

Flew into LA, from NYC, to spend Father's Day weekend with my son, who lives in LA and my first stay at The London West Hollywood was superior. The staff does all they can to make your stay an enjoyable one. They are enthusiastic, engaging, interested and interesting...from those at the front desk to the fabulous pool area and all the restaurants. The rooms are beautifully appointed, clean and my girlfriend loved the shampoo and conditioner so much she bough a few jars of it, from the front desk, and they shipped it home for her. Breakfast is served in the beautiful Boxwood Cafe by some of that engaging staff I mentioned and Gordon Ramsay's dinner was excellent. And there are a number of fine restaurants within walking distance or a short drive from the hotel. One not to miss is Asia de Cuba...really good!

Room Tip: Higher floors with a view of the valley are nice.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (243)
New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

This hotel is fantastic but it's not centrally located. Traffic in L.A. is awful and I guess it takes a long time to get anywhere... We were there for USC graduation and were surprised by how long it took to get downtown.
On a positive note: the staff was friendly and attentive, the rooftop pool was amazing, the breakfast buffet was very good and our room was large and comfortable.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Boston, MA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

The pool area is excellent and the room also exceeded my expectations. The pool is heated [almost too warm on a very hot day] and there are lots of chairs and areas to sit. I was there on a beautiful/busy Saturday afternoon and still managed to find a good place to lay out. My only complaint is that I was expecting a much nicer gym. It's on the pool/roof level however there are no windows to appreciate the view - it's not terrible but definitely doesn't meet the quality of the hotel's other amenities.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012 via mobile

This is a wonderful medium sized hotel
Beautiful room nice bed sheets etc.
Resturant and bard good
Breakfast yummy
Roof top pool and bar cool

Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Cheshunt, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the London for 4 nights in May as part of our honeymoon (stopover on our way to Hawaii) and we had an amazing time.

LA itself was fantastic but staying in such a lovely hotel really added to what was a perfect honeymoon.

The concierge was really helpful and I couldn't have planned our stay so well without them. This was before we even arrived as I was emailing them prior to our trip. They recommended restaurants and tours and also made the necessary reservations for us. They also gave us info on the surrounding area.

The reception staff made us really welcome after a long flight and they included breakfast which really helped with our budget! Our room (upgraded to a better view) wasn't quite ready so they gave us a free cocktail to enjoy on the rooftop whilst we waited.

The location is ideal, just off Sunset Blvd although LA is huge so would recommend hiring a car - we spent a fortune on taxis!

Our room was really clean and spacious and included lots of nice amenities incl free wifi.

The pool area is beautiful with fantastic views of LA as is the rooftop restaurant.

The food in both restaurants here is great and service is second to none!

I have only rated the spa as average as they don't have one and I didn't use the hair or beauty services.

Would definitely come back here again!!

Room Tip: All basic rooms are called suites so don't be fooled into thinking you have an extra special roo...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

I used to live in Hollywood and moved the weekend of Memorial Day weekend. :( For my last weekend I wanted to go out right, so I got a room at the London and rented a Cabana at the Pool. I don't get or understand how I have never been here before. My cousin from New York will only stay here, I should've known. I cannot believe that I missed out on this spectacular Hotel the whole time I lived in LA!! (who am I?!)

I look for a lot when venturing out to Hotels:

Location: Um, no doubt an amazing location...next.
Service: OK..from the second I pulled up to the second I left every single person was awesome, friendly, kind, clean cut, attentive, and helpful. I couldn't believe it...seriously, how did I miss this gem?
Cleanliness: um...Immaculate.
My room!! Had I known to go here sooner, I may have just gotten a room 15 min from my place just to stay here because I loved the room!!! The view was sick..overlooking West Hollywood and the Pacific Design Center...The bathroom...oh my gawd. I'm seriously going to mimic this design one day in my house and pretend that I live at the London..hah!

The people... I'm going back to the people simply because I must explain that I had so much fun that I forgot about some of my charges...so I simply sent an email asking about a charge, I had 2 people respond (Ian and Sarah) both very prompt and polite. Ian called me immediately to go over each charge in a very professional way. He was so sweet!! After I understood all of the charges, Sarah emailed me a detailed report of my spending habits because I forgot after indulging on a bottle of wine (did I mention the pool yet? Oh..that's next). I even told her, "no no, I don't need help anymore because Ian helped out" and she still followed up and went over my charges. Class. Never once could I find a problem with anyone..and I tried..it was too good to be true! 100% complete satisfaction? NO way?!?! yes way.

OK, so the pool. GORGEOUS!! SICK views, I got a cabana and they give fruit, hummus, and a pitcher of Sangria (tasty) as a courtesy. I had so much fun that...well...I forgot half of my charges!! :-)

On the other side of the pool is a seating area that is just immaculate. I felt like I was in...um, maybe London? Certainly not in We Ho...I felt like I had gone on vacation..this is the true definition of the best Stay cation EVER!! My hubs and I played some friends in Ping Pong while overlooking some of the sickest views ever (panoramic!!)

All this, and the price was right. I previously joined the London Club Card Hotel thing...my room was comped. FREE. Even knowing that I had a free room, people treated my guests and me like Royalty.

I really cannot say enough about the London. I miss it. I cannot wait to go back..and I will.

My hubs and I LOVE hotels. We have gone to all of them in Hollywood for the pools, for b day parties, for private parties...we know Hollywood very very well. When we come back up to visit we are not staying with friends...we'll be taking a bath together and over looking an amazing view in a room at the London.

OH and I forgot to mention. We ate at Ramsey's restaurant. During dinner I was so tired that I didn't want to wait for dessert, so they told me to go to my room, delivered dessert with some decaf cappuccinos and the check, and I ate in bed.. :)

Love you guys!!

Room Tip: We chose the smoking side ONLY because we had friends stopping by that smoked. The smoking side sup...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Rochester, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2012

The hotel is very clean, stylish and has a great staff. Front desk was very friendly and I loved the valet guys. We were up on the 5th floor and had a nice view. The location was great-pretty close to everything. We had the breakfast package during our stay which consisted of the buffet at the Boxwood. It was good-very fresh fruit and pastries although I ended up ordering off the menu which wasn't included. Overall it was a great time at a great hotel!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to The London West Hollywood? Share your experiences!