“Great experience” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 17 Hotels in West Hollywood
Poughkeepsie, New York
“Great experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2014

This was my second stay at the Sunset Tower and both times I was very impressed! I have stayed in both a suite and smaller queen size rooms and both were very clean, quiet, and comfortable. The views are fantastic although the lights from a Sunset Blvd billboard get annoying at night if you don't close your curtains. The room was always immaculately cleaned and refreshed when I returned to my room at the end of 3 busy days of meetings and it was greatly appreciated. And the nightly cookies are a nice touch. I was impressed with how quiet the rooms are despite being close together in some of the corner rooms. Great staff, very professional and helpful with anything I needed. Highly recommended.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (168)
Laguna Hills
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for my boyfriends birthday
Everything good until the drilling started in the morning
We called twice and were told it would stop any minute but it didn't
Ruined the morning completely
We were given a discount but that didn't make up for fact that the room was noisy during our stay
Next time we'll stay at hotel Bel-air

• Stayed May 2014
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2014

my daughter and i stayed there for 4 nights in late April for the Paris Photo show.
the service was so exceptional that everyone we knew wanted to join us there in the evenings.we never ate anywhere but at the bar or restaurant for the whole stay.
both waiters,Jacob and Victoria were marvelous, as well as all the other staff,including the front desk.

the hotel also had character, history and has been tastefully renovated.
i will always stay here when in West Hollywood.
Christine

Room Tip: corner suites are beautiful
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Lakeland, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2014

We really enjoyed this quiet, tasteful, historic hotel. I know we are weird, but we loved climbing the beautiful art deco stairs to and from our room. The morning brunch on the terrace was a wonderful way to start the day and the staff were extremely warm and helpful, especially Zee who booked us a driver who had great stories to tell as we toured Hollywood. The only down side was not being able to get reservations for dinner in the main dining room. We were encouraged to eat in the area outside the dining room, which we did. The food was quite good and the servers were great, but I was bothered by watching how all the other customers were warmly welcomed by the maitre de and we were not. That being said, I will still make a return visit. It's a gem.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Hollywood, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014

I found my new favoutire spot in La. Everything was 5 stars. Phenomenal service by Vika. Great food. Lobster tacos are the best. I loved the atmosphere. I highly recommend this place to all of my friends and familly. Victoria even gave us a little buklets about the history of the hotel which amazed us a lot. The Tower Bar is the next to try!!! Coming back soon

denver
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014

We just returned from the Sunset Tower where we spent two nights. It looks a little dark and dated when one enters, but the marvelous staff who do everything to make your stay comfortable are top notch! The bathrooms need to be updated and the beds were too soft for our taste, but the hotel has that wonderful Old Hollywood vibe. The breakfasts are great - we ate outside by the pool and the buffet is plentiful. The chef will cook any kind of eggs you might choose to order. They had my favorite French raspberry jam which was a treat! I accidentally left my warm up jacket at the gym. I realized it at night and in the morning someone from Housekeeping brought it to my room! I was so happy that they found it and swiftly solved my annoyance at myself for being careless!
A very lovely, surprisingly pleasant stay!

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor so you can enjoy the views!
North Ridgeville, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

What a wonderful stay we had at this beautiful hotel! Staff was accommodating and pleasant. Food was superb. Spa was wonderful. Great late night ambiance at the bar. Highly recommend The Tower! Thanks, Angel,Farrah, and our friend that waited on us at the wine bar and pool.
Anne and Dave from Ohio's wedding group.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Sunset Tower Hotel? Share your experiences!