“Great stay - nice rooms and great service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sunset Tower Hotel

You added Sunset Tower Hotel to your Saves list
Sunset Tower Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   8358 Sunset Boulevard, West Hollywood, CA 90069 (West Hollywood)   |
Ranked #1 of 17 Hotels in West Hollywood
Santa Barbara, California
“Great stay - nice rooms and great service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

had a great stay, room was nice a large, great view of the city. staff and service were excellent. great location. We stayed there before a show at the hollywood bowl which was a quick 10min drive. good moscow mules at the pool.

have fun

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (183)
Muskoka District, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

The first thing that strikes one about this landmark is the sense of history. They give you a small card with the history of the hotel in your room, and it sets the tone of this wonderful vintage property. I arrived after the Vanity Fair Party which was held here, and they kindly upgraded me to a suite on the 14th floor with stunning views of the city. I enjoyed the restaurant, and experienced excellent friendly service from all, as well as reception. The rooms are not huge, however, the hotels character and ambience make up for this in spades. I took advantage of every aspect of this wonderful hotel, including the pool restaurant, room service and the spa, and all were excellent.
I look forward to a return visit!

Room Tip: Definately ask for one with a view of the city, on a high floor.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Carmel, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

My wife and I stayed at this hotel for one-night. The hotel staff was very accommodating and friendly. We got in at noon and our room was ready by 1:30PM (normal check-in is at 3PM)! The hotel is designed to have the old Hollywood look and pulls it off. From the lobby to the hallways to the rooms themselves...it's very circa 1940-1960s Hollywood.

The beds were very comfortable and the bathrooms were great.

It did however remind me of the Tower of Terror ride from Walt Disney World.

Additionally, it is in W. Hollywood and for the $$$ I would rather stay in Beverley Hills or Santa Monica. W. Hollywood has a sketchy crowd....although this is a safe distance away from the majority of the bums...it's still close enough that I would rather stay in a nicer neighborhood.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Baltimore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

I stayed here one night when it was the old Argyle, and that place was a real dump. But since the renovation, this hotel is awesome and a great value. They did an excellent job of maintaining the art deco feel, while making it also feel updated and new. Service is excellent too.

This is the second time I have stayed at the hotel, and I think the service and value is superb. I travel to LA frequently for work and will be staying at The Sunset Tower every time. As I mentioned, overall I have found the service to be warm and professional, and everyone from valet to reception, to room service, to the servers are top notch.

I do need to point out the EXCEPTIONAL level of service I received from Regina at reception. I arrived in LA on Monday morning and immediately had to run all over town for meetings, ending with a dinner in Santa Monica. During dinner, I realized I had left my wallet on the airplane - so annoying and stressful. When I got to the hotel, I was greeted by Regina, and when I told her what had happened, the very first words out of her mouth were "can I call American Airlines for you to track down your wallet?" She left them a message, and left me a hand written note under my door letting me know that she had called them, left a message, and provided me with the lost and found number as well. American Airlines called me the next day to let me know that they did indeed have my wallet, which a friend of mine went to pick up.

After a long day of travel from the east coast, a full day of meetings and dinner, only to realize my wallet was missing, was a total drag. Regina's kind offer and help was such a highlight, I am very grateful. She really understands the meaning of the word 'hospitality, she is a spectacular asset.

Anyway, just wanted to let you know I think she is a spectacular asset to your team there.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Idaho
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

On a recent trip to Hollywood we stayed in the Sunset Towers. It has great service and is in a great location. The hotel rooms are small but nicely decorated and have great views. We also went to have a few drinks at the Tower bar which was fun. While there is nothing particularly special about the hotel or rooms it does offer some old Hollywood charm.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Laguna Hills, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

Sunset Towers Hotel is a boutique hotel set on Sunset Boulevard in West Hollywood with scenic panoramas, rich interiors, comfortable well appointed rooms and a rich Hollywood history.

We chose the Sunset Towers as our overnight hotel while attending a performance at the nearby Hollywood Bowl. The ambiance of the hotel is early Hollywood when stars like John Wayne, Marilyn Monroe, Errol Flynn, Elizabeth Taylor and Frank Sinatra were residents. They have a really beautiful interior style.

Our room was very well appointed with a very comfortable bed and exceptional appointments including a steamy marble bath and an espresso coffee machine. The stocked mini-bar will accommodate some of your own beverages BUT at check-in the hotel does have guests sign a form saying they will not bring in outside alcohol.

They have a great bar, terrace restaurant serves delicious food and the hotel has 24-hour room service. Service is friendly and professional.

The reason this hotel is not a five for me is their parking fee of $39 per night and their policy to allow smoking in their Terrace restaurant. If not for that, this is really great hotel to stay at when visiting Hollywood would be a five.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on a higher floor for great views. From the 14th floor we could see Santa Monica...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Chatham, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

Stayed from Oct 15-18th at the Sunset Towers for three nights on our first trip to LA. While the location bordered on the less desireable section of Sunset Blvd, the hotel itself is very nice. And the location is good for fairly easy drive to studios, Bevery Hills, and other tourist highlights. Great view of the city and the service was amongst the best we've ever had at a hotel this size. The staff (Jessica on mornings and Kyle (?) on evenings) did a great job answering our questions about tours, travel times, etc. The room was not huge, but it was not tiny either. The bathroom was very spacious. All very nicely decorated and kept - not dirty or dated. High quality food and selection at the continental breakfast. Parking is a bit steep at $32/day, but overall we thought this hotel was a fair value for the lovely room, awesome staff/service, good breakfast and to stay at a historic LA site. Definitely recommend.

Room Tip: Ask for room at back of hotel to have a view of the city instead of Sunset Blvd.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Been to Sunset Tower Hotel? Share your experiences!