“The best staff ever! Logan is truly top shelf!” 5 of 5 stars

Sunset Marquis
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1200 Alta Loma Rd, West Hollywood, CA 90069   |
Ranked #4 of 17 Hotels in West Hollywood
Spring, Texas
“The best staff ever! Logan is truly top shelf!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013 via mobile

My family & I stayed 2 nights as we were in town for a documentary film premiere party at the Whisky and this is, without a second thought, our new home while in LA which we visit at least once per year.

We stayed in a Junior Villa, 901. The staff think of everything far before you ever want/need it. We first met Logan who was incredibly accommodating and full of great conversation that welcomes you to the Marquis. The staff made my wife and little boy feel like we were at home. Hernan and our 2 year old made friends immediately and he loves walking through the lobby to see his new buddy!

The Junior Villa was incredible! It's surely worth the few extra dollars to have, basically, a 5 star luxurious Mediterranean style apartment to yourself. It's tucked away off of Sunset and is totally not accessible unless you are looking for it. Privacy is a non-issue.

Junior Villa 901 is at the far corner from the front of the hotel and we wouldn't have had it any other way. We had the opportunity to walk through the gardens several times each day.

I forgot to pack two pair of my wife's shoes and they were kind enough to go locate them and FedEx them to us! How is that for post stay service?

The history of the hotel and our deep love of music couldn't have been a better match and the celebrity guests seemed to be an everyday occurrence.

Highly recommended! DO NOT stay in LA without staying here!

• Stayed April 2013
MarquisDOM, Manager at Sunset Marquis, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Dear NoahsPops,

Thank you very much for the review. I know Logan and Hernan will appreciate the compliments and they are indeed, outstanding ambassadors for Sunset Marquis. We pride ourselves on excellent service and although we're not always perfect, we certainly strive to be.

So glad you enjoyed the villa and walking through our gardens. We believe this is what sets us apart from the "big box, high-res" area hotels, all very nice in their own right as well, just...different!

Thank you again for high regards and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

We stayed in March in one of the villa suites. The room was very nice, well appointed and clean. The beds were incredible! The hotel is quiet and very central. The walk through the jasmine and gardenia scented garden to our room was lovely. Would stay there agwin

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Boston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

This place is a hidden gem in West Hollywood. The service was unparallelled from the moment you step into the lobby. Complimentary drink upon arrival and warm hostess.
We were pleasantly surprised to receive free room service shortly after settling in to our villa, that included a wine/cheese/fruit spread!! Everyone here is super friendly and accommodating and the grounds are beautiful. There is an adorable foot bridge over a Koi pond and several small, outdoor lounge areas. The hotel room itself was spectacular and the bathroom was right out of a magazine.

All in all well worth the money if you are looking to get pampered.

*Also a great place to spot celebrities*

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

Usually stay at 5 star hotels in LA, but like many travelers these days, needed to find a more moderately priced alternative. Took a chance on Sunset Marquis and was pleasantly surprised. It delivers an authentic LA experience. Combination of young cool LA crowd, tourists, and business travelers. Laid back feeling, nicely landscaped grounds hidden away from the street. Terrific bathrooms and amenities. Service, although always prompt and pleasant, could have been a little sharper, but after a while, it feels like a natural part of the vibe. I'll return and recommend it to others.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Arroyo Grande, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

This was just an overnight stay, but I would recommend this as an excellent place to stay. It is on a dead end street so traffic is minimal and the whole staff was friendly. It was also quite quiet at night, and with it's location, you would not expect that. We had a lovely time.

Room Tip: We were away from the pool and I think that was the reason our room was very quiet even on the first...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Calgary
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

Logan. Olivia. Greg. I know the names of these Sunset Marquis employees because they are worth remembering.

From check-in to check-out, there was not a single moment that I wasn't completely satisfied with my first-ever (and certainly not last-ever) stay at Sunset Marquis. The owners and the staff at this exceptional property take great pride in the historic hotel with which they are connected, and take great satisfaction in ensuring that their guests feel that same pride.

RESTAURANT, which dwells in an oasis of foliage, was a delight to walk into for the very first time. The ambience in the restaurant is at once both exquisite and relaxed. There is none of the pretentiousness that one might find at other high-end hotel restaurants, yet there is an air of professionalism from the staff. The food was exceptional. I highly recommend the Peking Duck with beet couscous if it's still on the menu when you visit. Our waiter, Greg, was both pleasant and knowledgeable. I regret that we didn't get back there on our second night to utilize his services again.

Logan's enthusiasm is unparalleled. This bellman has got to be one of the friendliest, most interesting, and most accommodating I have ever met. I would love to have a beer with this guy. On the morning of day two, he brought us downstairs to visit Nightbird Studios. My musician friend who was in my company was enthralled and impressed.

Before arriving in L.A., I had reserved a very specific car from a rental agency. When they called in the morning and advised that they'd be extending the rental with the person who already had it, Logan suggested that I walk to Olivia in the concierge office to see if she could help. Not only did she find me the exact same model with another agency, but she got them to offer it at the sale rate that I had previously booked at. Vroom!

Having just spent the previous few nights RV camping in the desert for Coachella, the refinement that Sunset Marquis offered was very welcome. From the delicious bed, to the oversized shower, to the gorgeous artwork that pervades the property, this really is a wonderful spot to clean up.

I've never really had much of a draw to L.A. While I know that there's plenty there, it simply has not been at the top of my list of places to visit. With my first stay at Sunset Marquis under my belt, I'm excited to go back. With this exceptional property as my home base, I am now much more intrigued to give the area some exploration.

I stayed in the hotel proper, and specifically in room 208. It's a renovated room that offers a ton of room and very nice finishes. With the oversized and recessed balcony, you can get yourself a very nice room without having to spring for the villas if they are beyond your needs or wallet.

Room Tip: I loved room 208.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Paradise Valley, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

I hesitate to write this review, as I am afraid everyone will stay here, and I will have trouble getting a reservation in the future! This hotel is a small quaint hotel on a dead end street just off of Sunset Blvd. The pool is lovely, the pool bartender is great and we really enjoyed the restaurant. The rooms are lovely, we were on the third floor with a pool view. The only thing this room was lacking was a coffee maker. Turn down service in the evening is a nice surprise, with chocolates!

Room Tip: I think the villas are more recently remodeled, so if it is in your budget, go for that.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Sunset Marquis? Share your experiences!