“Another Unforgettable Stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 17 Hotels in West Hollywood
Houston
“Another Unforgettable Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

Spent Grammy week-end at the Sunset Marquis and despite the hotel being completely sold out, there was no attention to detail spared by the excellent staff. My friend and I stayed in the main building in 2 rooms that have been updated. They were beautiful and modern, with exceptional showers (one of my most important criteria for a hotel I will return to!). But, as comfortable, hip and stylish as the rooms and the hotel are, the real reason to stay at the Sunset Marquis is the exceptional and remarkable staff. They are helpful, thoughtful, patient and truly committed to the highest levels of customer service. My friend and I are not music or entertainment VIPs (though there were plenty there over Grammy week-end, at this hotel frequented by musicians and their bands), but you'd never know it from the 5-star treatment we received while at the hotel. It was another 5-star stay and I cannot wait to go back for a longer stay!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Astoria, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

I stayed at the Sunset Marquis for the first time this past week. It was only for one night but as I'll be doing more and more business in LA, I'll be back. It's always nice to go back to a hotel after being in meetings all day where you can take a breath, sit outside and not feel like your walking into a nondescript building.

I had a suite on the first floor which was really great. The layout would work for a meeting and or a casual night in. The only thing I can't get used to is having a sliding door right outside of the bedroom. I can see how that can be convenient & cool but for me, I wasn't into it.

My boss stayed in a one bedroom villa which was beautiful as well. It was way more private and tucked away. However, the only difference I saw was the location and the bathroom. His bathroom was beautiful and large. The linens might have been upgraded as well.

I didn't appreciate that my room wasn't ready until after 4.30pm and it didn't matter to me that it was Grammy week.
I'm not sure if I'd bring a family here but it was great for business!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
MarquisDOM, Manager at Sunset Marquis, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
lunagoddess77

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us. Glad you enjoyed yourself. We apologize your room wasn't ready upon your arrival. Check out time is noon, and when we have a full house it is sometimes difficult to get all the rooms cleaned in time for the 4pm check in. We promise to do better next time, and we've indicated the issue in your folio for reference upon your next stay.

Our over-sized rooms and work space really do make them convenient for business travelers, and we are indeed focused on creating an environment conducive to relaxing after a hard day of meetings.

Again, apologies for the late check in, and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

We had the pleasure of staying at the Sunset Marquis in July 2012 when we were in town for a party. We loved this hotel. The room was big, the bed was comfortable, the bathroom was modern and well equipped. Modern, but with a retro vibe. We got a real kick out of looking at all the photos of rock and roll stars who have stayed at the Sunset Marquis over the years. Both pool areas were gorgeous and we wished we had stayed another day to spend more time lounging. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Hollywood.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Colchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

Have no complaints whatsoever for the Sunset Marquis. We had a great 4-night stay and would highly recommend it to others. A great location, 2 mins from Sunset Blvd. Our room was a very good size, with separate sitting area, desk space, dressing table, a small patio. Comfortable bed. The bathroom was a little small and bath very shallow. The hotel has two outside pools, one in the centre of the hotel with very comfortable and stylish sun loungers, the other towards the villa and garden area. We visited both the restaurant and bar, and happy to recommend both. The restaurant is open to the gardens and koi pond but kept warm with ceiling heaters, very comfortable seating and good service. A little haven in the middle of the city. We wanted salads, and they were very accommodating inviting us to choose from the lunch menu in the evening. The concierge staff were super helpful too, and all the staff were welcoming and professional. A great hotel worthy of praise and repeat visits and good value for money.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

My family of 5 recently stayed at the Sunset, we had a suite and room connected. Unfortunately we did not have the pleasure of staying in a renovated room so the bathroom was pokey and falling apart :(, but none the less we were more than comfortable. The Rooms have very comfortable beds (kids said like sleeping on clouds) and awesome blockout curtains (yeah sleep ins). My 3 children were made to feel like "rockstars" the duration of our stay, thanks to the kid friendly staff and the kids rock program and I love that the staff are attentive without being over the top. The property is a pleasant oasis and the kids loved feeding the fish while we waited for breakie to be served. Overall we had a very chilled out time at the Sunset thanks guys!

Room Tip: Request a renovated room (not sure when the whole hotel will be complete)
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

I had the opportunity to stay at the Sunset Marquis once again in January and still think that it is a true gem. It is so serene and beautiful. The ambiance is one of total relaxation. The service is outstanding in that everyone is so genuinely friendly and cares to do everything possible to make your stay the most enjoyable. The pool and gardens are paradise and complete the overall peacefulness of the property. It was not crowded at all on this, my second visit. The massage at the spa was one of the very best that I have had. The room service and restaurant food is excellent and is served with a genuine smile. Service is very efficient and friendly. The rooms are not luxurious, but are comfortable and well supplied. The entire property is well maintained and super clean. I will only stay at the Sunset Marquis when visiting West Hollywood!

Room Tip: Ground floor rooms have access directly to a small patio with lounge chairs for the pool. The pool i...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
St Ives, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

I stayed in one of the villas which was quiet and very large with two balcony's and a huge bathroom. It was tucked away a little and with all the plants outside, a little dark but I didn't really mind as it was so sunny the minute you stepped out. The breakfast was consistently good but the buffet could have been a bit more and the staff always helpful and friendly. The setting is like a little oasis with well tended plants and two pools to choose from. It has a great central, West Hollywood location too. Well worth it if you have the cash to spare.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Been to Sunset Marquis? Share your experiences!