“A real DIAMOND!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sunset Marquis

You added Sunset Marquis to your Saves list
Sunset Marquis
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1200 Alta Loma Rd, West Hollywood, CA 90069 (West Hollywood)   |
Ranked #2 of 17 Hotels in West Hollywood
Chicago, Illinois
“A real DIAMOND!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

I had to visit LA for business, and was pleasantly surprised upon booking at the Sunset Marquis! I booked through Scarlett Hospitality Group, an online travel agency to recommended this hotel. Everything was perfect from the moment I walked in. Check-in was thorough and my desk agent was so nice (now i'm wishing I could remember her name)! My room looked like it had been just recently renovated, it was great! Very spacious and a good sized desk. Beds were comfortable, and the breakfast restaurant was nice and quick. I would recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Hollywood or the LA area. I will definitely be back!

Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

I was here for work and decided to splurge on the Sunset Marquis. Boy am I glad I did. I asked for a quiet room and got one. Had a private deck overlooking the pool. Walk-in shower. Everything was new and looked to be recently done. Breakfast at the Restaurant was good. Dinner was just okay, not great, but convenient and a lovely atmosphere. Staff are uniformly helpful and kind. Would return in a heartbeat.

Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Tonie T
Oslo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

My third stay at this amazing hotel was fantastic, again! Super friendly staff that always ensure a VIP feeling towards every guests. Great rooms, great food, even greater service! They provide you with free workout pass at Equinox at Sunset Plaza which is a must for the sporty ones. Enjoy, you will never regret choosing Sunset Marquis!

Room Tip: Ask for Villa suites!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Newcastle, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

I did the Traveller Guitar package, it was fantastic.The VIP passes were great, the staff were great, the food was great, the night club was great, all the people I meet while staying there were lovely and I didn't want to leave. I stayed in a villa, it was luxury, the bed was bliss and I was allowed to smoke on my balcony. Everything I asked for the staff tried to get for me, I felt like royalty. the location is perfect for all the night life, which is why I stayed there. I invited some of my Australian friends over for dinner at the Restaurant & they were blown away when they saw Whoopy Goldberg having a quiet meal. I give the Sunset Marquis 5 BIG STARS

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Allan W
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

I always thought the Andaz was probably the best of a not so great selection of hotels in West Hollywood but after staying at the Sunset Marquis I've changed my mind. We stayed in a villa toward the back of the property. I was surprised at how much space they had behind the rather small entrance.

PROS:

Room Quality - Very high end modern finishes. We had a villa which was basically a basic hotel room. There was no "view" but this is WeHo. The bathroom was large with more towels that we would use in a week. Separate standing tub and shower with handheld and rainshower.

Bed - Honestly the bed was crazy comfortable. I've been to alot of great hotels and this bed had to be the most comfortable I've ever slept in. It's hard to explain why - you just sink into the thing. The sheets are very high thread count, the pillows just form to you and there is a very thick feather bed cover over the mattress. Really incredible.

Property Atmosphere - this property is setup something like the Hotel BelAir. Although it doesn't reach that level it honestly comes close in many ways.

Restaurant - We had breakfast in the restaurant which was excellent. It was nice sitting there next to the waterfall that pours out of the restaurant toward the rest of the property. They were prepping for brunch which looked great as well.

CONS:

I really don't have any bad things to say - but if I had to pick something:

Bellman - the bellman was overly friendly and really working for a gratuity. I would have been fine taking my bags to the room, but then he had to go through every light switch, etc. I'm sure he's just doing as he's trained but I was glad when he finally left the room.

Lobby and main building - I think the lobby is due for an update and it appears that they are updating the exterior of the main building. Really it's still a nice property but I think there is some room for improvement.

Overall, I highly recommend the Sunset Marquis - I have to say the best place to stay in West Hollywood. Definitely spend the extra for one of the villa rooms.

Room Tip: Go for a villa room. The bathroom is crazy nice.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

We stayed at the main hotel-not the villas- but the suite was amazing. Service was great and the location perfect. We got a 3 day offer package and found the price reasonable for what you get. We extended our stay for 1 more night and the manager charged us at the same offer rate.
Hotel has an exotic and refreshing atmosphere.
Could ask for more, definitely will come back

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Cornville AZ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

Just stayed again and the visit was great. The property is well maintained. The staff continues to extend a warm welcome and goes out of their way to assist (many of them remembered I had been a prior guest). The hotel does a good job with communication prior to arrival to know arrival time and ask if they can make dining or spa reservations. Had a chance for a spa treatment and it was perfect.

Room Tip: Bar 1200 at the entry of the hotel is a lot of fun, locals and hotel guest mingle there.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Le Montrose Suite Hotel
Le Montrose Suite Hotel
#11 of 17 in West Hollywood
4.0 of 5 stars 804 reviews

Been to Sunset Marquis? Share your experiences!