“Horrible, surreal experience with management” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Ramada Plaza West Hollywood Hotel and Suites

You added Ramada Plaza West Hollywood Hotel and Suites to your Saves list
Ramada Plaza West Hollywood Hotel and Suites
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   8585 Santa Monica Boulevard, West Hollywood, CA 90069 (West Hollywood)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #14 of 17 Hotels in West Hollywood
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Horrible, surreal experience with management”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

My drivers license was stolen a few days before during the trip, & anticipating need for something to get on plane later that week I had my office on East coast email passport copy they had from 4 yrs ago so I would least have that much. 4 other hotels that week saw it was obvious I was person who reserved rooms with them, no problem. But at Ramada, desk clerk would not check me in w/o pic ID, even though obvious it was my reservation.
I showed passport copy with photo clearly on it and all my other non-photo ID. Passport had expired 2 yrs before so she would "not accept it"! I replied she was not border control, I was just checking in for my PREPAID room (had same credit card as used to book it), not trying to get in the country; 15 mins later Mgr showed up, challenged my identity, made no sense at all - I mean, how many people would show up at THAT one hotel, that one night, with all my other ID and a passport copy (expired or not) with MY picture? He still refused; I said "look at the picture - that me or not?" He mumbled, "It LOOKS like you..." But still refused to give key! Staff is textbook case of how NOT to treat customers. Made me stand there for 40 minutes.

Room Tip: Go almost anywhere else in LA
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (151)
  • Turkish first
Cleveland, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

My mother in law and cousins drove from Las Vegas to West Hollywood just to experience Cali before going back to Ohio. I must say the staff are amazing, helpful and knowledgable. Great location and reasonable room rates.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled with family

Springfield, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I stay at this hotel every year when I come to LA. The staff is always helpful and attentive. It is close to Hollywood, Santa Monica Pier and wonderful Beverly Hills and West Hollywood night life.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled with family

Cathedral City, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Although the lobby seemed a bit plain, the rooms were comfortable and complete. The bathrooms had all the necessities. The tub/shower combo worked out well for our stay. The pool was nicely adorned with chairs and loungers. All in All we were happy again.
Was NOT happy with the parking situation. We felt pressured to use the Valet Parking because of unavailable spaces elsewhere in the lots.

Room Tip: keep your window closed at night as the sounds of the parking lot are reflected inside.
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled with friends
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I book a room with a hot tub/whirlpool, when I get there no whirlpool/hot tub and I could not cancel. I specifically asked twice and was told yes that room has a whirlpool/hot tub. Room was nice but expensive for no whirlpool/hot tub.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Been to Ramada Plaza West Hollywood Hotel and Suites? Share your experiences!