“3 Night Stay” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #15 of 17 Hotels in West Hollywood

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (141)
  • Turkish first
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

The only good thing about this hotel is the location. NOTHING. I repeat NOTHING is good about this place. It smells. It is dated. Did I say it smells?

When my partner and I checked in for the Thanksgiving weekend, we walked in to the lobby. First thing I noticed was deferred maintenance. We had stayed there in 2004 when it seemed nicer. Got our keys and went to our room.

I opened the door and almost wanted to vomit. The room stunk to high heaven. There was a pronounced mildew like smell or mold. I am allergic to mold. My head was ready to explode.
Just dirty smell in general.
Meanwhile it looked like a hooker and her John were entering the next room. I got the creeps.

My partner asked for us to be moved to another room. They had nothing but a suite which sounded ok. They gave it to us for the same price.

Suite had beat up furniture, and sticky cheap laminate floors. Not even sure it was laminate..a cheaper version of it I guess.

We stayed because we were exhausted and the room didnt stink as bad.

The bathroom fan was like a jet plane taking off but we were told maintenance couldnt look at til we would already be gone.

Love West Hollywood ( lived there for a couple years), but wouldnt stay at this place again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
ramadaweho, Manager at Ramada Plaza West Hollywood Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Thank you for your review.

Yes, our location is fantastic, but there are several other features about the property that are quite good.

Let’s address some of your concerns. The hotel was completed renovated in 2009 and continues to undergo regular improvements and enhancements. Right now, the hotel is upgrading its WiFI, and hotel elevators. We’ve completed an upgrade of the lighting package in our guestrooms and we’re currently upgrading our guestroom bathrooms.

I apologize that you were unhappy with your guestroom. I’m glad that you were switched to a suite.

The hardwood floors installed in our suites have been well received by most of our guests. Occasionally a bathroom fan can become noisy due to age or dust. They are checked on a regular basis, and again, we don’t usually receive complaints about them. I had our engineer relace the fan in order to correct the problem.
Crystal Lake, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I was traveling for business and this location was very convenient to each of my job sites. Nice area, quite with on-site parking. Parking was a bit pricey but it does come with unlimited in and out privileges which was a plus for me. Room decor was OK bed was comfortable.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
ramadaweho, Manager at Ramada Plaza West Hollywood Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Thank you for your review.

We’re very glad you enjoyed your stay. Our location is very convenient and is very close to many popular attractions, exciting night clubs, great shopping and terrific restaurants. Many of these locations can be walked to, while others require just a short by trip by car or taxi.

We do receive many compliments regarding the comfort of our beds.
CT
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

While we chose this hotel based on the West Hollywood location, we wouldn't stay here again.In fairness, the rate was lower than some other hotels in the area-we got it on Hotwire. Our room as tiny and many amenities were missing-real glasses instead of paper cups. The staff at the front desk were polite but not very helpful. The $29 per day parking extra was steep. The lobby was tiny and there appeared to ba a small bar that was never open.

Room Tip: I would try to use another hotel. The lobby is small and the rooms are small.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your review.

We do offer some of the best available rates in West Hollywood-Beverly Hills market. Our guestrooms are average sized, but I wouldn’t characterize them as small. We’ve use Ramada branded ripple cups, as they tend to be more sanitary than glassware; many guests prefer a disposable cup versus reusing glassware.

Overnight parking can be expensive in West Hollywood, however, our parking rates are some of the lowest in the city. Our lobby bar is used for special events and catered functions.

Our restaurant, Kitchen 24 offers a full bar with an extended happy hour, 7 days a week.

They also provide a wonderful selection of food, appetizers and drinks. The menu items prices are reasonably priced and they’re open 24 hours a day serving breakfast, lunch and dinner. Kitchen 24 also features a wonderful outdoor patio area.
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

If you are a light sleeper, try and get a room on the top floor. I spent my first night in a room downstairs, and the trampling and creaking noise from the guests in the room above me were very loud and annoying. The guests in the room next to mine decided to have a party until the early morning, and they smoked in their room even though it is not allowed. The smell came into my room through the connecting doors. When they became so loud that even my ear plugs couldn't block out the noise, I called the front desk, and they immediately sent a security guy, who made these selfish people stop. There seem to be a lot of young party people in this hotel, so if you can't sleep, call the front desk. The staff was all very friendly and helpful, and the next morning they gave me a free upgrade to a loft suite, which was a lot quieter
The beds are very comfortable and the loft suite is spacious. It could do with better lighting. The bath tub drained quite slowly, and the rooms could be a bit cleaner in general. The elevators are slow. Parking is available for a fee, which is high, but normal for that sort of location.
There doesn't seem to be a breakfast room. The bar next door was too noisy for us, so we went to a pancake house instead, which was a 5-minute walk from the hotel. The loft suite had a fridge, a tea maker and a microwave, so we could have brought our own food, if we wanted to.
Overall, an average hotel which is probably best for people who don't need much sleep.

Room Tip: Get a room on the top floor.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for your review.

I apologize for the inconvenience you experienced from an adjacent guestroom.

If a guest is disturbed by another customer, we hope they contact the front desk staff as soon as possible. A security officer will immediately be sent to resolve the noise complaint.

Our parking rates are generally high in West Hollywood, regardless where you stay. However, our parking rates are still very competitive. Breakfast is available 24 hours a day at our on-site restaurant Kitchen 24. They also provide 24 hour room service.

Been to Ramada Plaza West Hollywood Hotel and Suites? Share your experiences!