“Nice hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #15 of 17 hotels in West Hollywood
Prague, Czech Republic
“Nice hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

I had a great and relaxing time at this hotel which is few minutes drive to Santa Monica, Hollywood, Downtown.. I would suggest to rent a car when there.. do not take public means :-( The hotel has a parking car on premises (not very cheap but useful).

Petr

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
ramadaweho, Manager at Ramada Plaza West Hollywood Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
Thank you for your review.

Ramada Plaza WEHO has an excellent location and is located on historic route 66. Guests within walking distance to many exciting night clubs, fine restaurants and great shopping on Santa Monica, Sunset Blvd and La Cienega Blvd. We’re only eight blocks from Beverly Center, Beverly Connection and Cedar Sinai Medical Center.

Enterprise Rent-a-Car is available on-site, so its easy and convenient for hotel guest(s) to rent a car. They have a wide selection of vehicles and offer very competitive pricing.

1,338 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
  • Turkish first
Lincoln, Maine
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

I had a enjoyable stay at this hotel. The front desk was able to give me a better deal on my room than the price I got on Ramada.com. They offered this to me because I wanted to stay an extra couple of nights.

There was a lack of information about parking- It was a little confusing about getting the parking card from the front desk. Luckily, although I didn't have the card on my dash, my rental car did not get towed.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
ramadaweho, Manager at Ramada Plaza West Hollywood Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Thank you for your review.

We are running a promotion through Dec 30th and based upon length of stay, customers are eligible for additional discounts and savings.

I’m sorry to hear about the confusion regarding overnight parking. The parking process is generally straight forward, however I will speak with our front staff to be sure the information is explained clearly to our guest(s).

Each overnight guest that parks a vehicle in the hotel receives a parking pass. The pass provides them unlimited in-out privileges. If a guest does not receive a parking pass, they would have pay every time they exited the parking structure, which would be an inconvenience.
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

I have stayed at the Ramada West Hollywood three times now and I am here to assure you there is no better location to stay. Centrally located with a 24 hour bus service (Line 4 Downtown – Santa Monica) at the front door, this hotel is ideal in the sprawl that is Los Angeles. A short walk up the hill and you’re on Sunset Boulevard, lunch or dinner at Le Petit Four in the Sunset Plaza is a must or further up the strip, Saddle Ranch Chop House is great for dinner or drinks. If you want to venture a little further Hollywood Boulevard and all the studios are to the north, Beverly Hills and Rodeo Drive are to the west, I could go on and on…

The Ramada rooms are modern, clean and spacious (especially the wheelchair accessible room) sometimes you wonder how this property is rated only three stars. I have found the staff to always be courteous and helpful and it is with surprise that I read the previous comments of other reviewers. The rooms don’t have bottle openers and I purchased a six pack of beer from the Trader Joe’s (supermarket) next door only to find I couldn’t open them. A call to the front desk and within minutes a bottle opener was delivered to my door. The rooms have a flat screen TV, microwave, mini fridge and WiFi.

When it comes to breakfast there is a 24 hour café at the front of the hotel with a great menu and exceptional coffee. It is hard to find a good cappuccino or latte in the USA but Kitchen 24 has it. I didn’t eat lunch or dinner here but I noticed it was often busy which would suggests it is good. A bank, Starbucks , Juice Bar and Hair Dresser are also on the property.

I will definitely return to this hotel and I highly recommend it for value and location.

Room Tip: One at the back. Traffic at the front can be noisy.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
ramadaweho, Manager at Ramada Plaza West Hollywood Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Thank you for your review.

We appreciate your comments regarding our great location. It is central to all of the great places to enjoy in Los Angeles, Hollywood, West Hollywood and Beverly Hills.

The Ramada Plaza offers many popular amenities including: complimentary WiFi, 42” HDTV, in-room movies, in-room safes, outdoor heated pool, business center, 24 hour restaurant (K24), Starbucks, Supercuts, Enterprise and Wells Fargo Bank – onsite. Trader Joes is conveniently located across the street.
Helensvale, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

We've stayed at the Ramada a few times in the past many years ago and went back in September this year for a four night stay. We remembered the fantastic location right in the heart of West Hollywood, close to everything in LA and a safe and friendly location for all travelers including gay and lesbian visitors.

The biggest issue for us however was the terrible noise in the rooms around us on the Friday and Saturday night. The people in the room next door had an extremely loud phone conversation at 2am and the walls are clearly paper thin as we could hear everything as though it was in our room. We knocked on the wall and they just got louder and more obnoxious. They went on with the conversation until 4am and during this time there were lots of people running in the corridors and stomping around.

The next morning we complained at the front desk and they didn't seem to care. The man behind the counter just laughed a little and said that it's always like that at the weekend and that the security was out a few times during the night. He then went on to say that the security told him there were people laying in the corridors drunk. All of this with a smile and as though it was just normal and we should expect it at the weekend.

I would never go back there again. I would happily pay extra to stay elsewhere. Don't go there if you want a decent nights sleep.

Room Tip: Get a room on the top floor at the end of a corridor or face constant interruptions to your sleep al...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
ramadaweho, Manager at Ramada Plaza West Hollywood Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
Thank you for your review.

Ramada Plaza WEHO places its guests within close proximity to many popular attractions, exciting night clubs, great shopping and terrific restaurants. Many of these locations are a short distance from the hotel can be walked to or require just a short by trip by car or taxi. West Hollywood is a very diverse, safe and affluent community that offers something for everyone

I’m sorry to about the noise disturbance you experienced during your stay. I will discuss your comments with both our security staff and front office staff. We take noise related complaints very seriously and usually respond very quickly once a complaint is reported.
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

I arrived to friendly service and a room upgrade which was a nice first impression.

The concierge named Jose was extremely helpful providing information on tours and shuttles.

There is a great bike hire place called Bikes and Hikes, highly recommended for those without a car. Public transport/buses do exist with limited routes. Check it out as the 704 will take you to Santa Monica Pier for $1.50 and a taxi will cost you around $45.00.

Staff at the Ramada were not overly helpful from a tourist point of view, but they were polite and followed through with minor requests.

Room was immaculate and cleaned daily. Only coffee was provided in room, no tea or kettle however Kitchen 24 and Starbucks are right next door.

Other reviews mentioned noise in rooms however I did not encounter this at all.

I would recommend this hotel and would stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012
ramadaweho, Manager at Ramada Plaza West Hollywood Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, November 19, 2012

Jose and our concierge staff do a wonderful job regarding tour reservations, providing local information an arranging guest transportation. We do provide in-room coffee, however, it’s hard to compete with a fresh cup of coffee or espresso from either Starbucks or Kitchen 24.
Edmonton
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

Location was fine. Like the other reviewer mentioned before me, this motel caters to gay clientele. The walls/floors must be paper thin as my friend I heard the people above us talking (not screaming or yelling, just talking about what they wanted to have for dinner) we were awoken by our neighbors getting intimate (or perhaps torturing an animal?!!?) between the hours of 2 am and 4 am and although I knocked on the wall they didn't care. I mentioned this to the staff the next morning and they didn't seem to care either so I assume it is a popular complaint.

This is my second horrible experience at Ramada and I will not be staying at another one again.

Room Tip: Tip to a good room- stay at another hotel.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for your review.

West Hollywood is a very diverse, safe and affluent community. West Hollywood hotels provide accommodation to guests from around the world, from all walks of life.

I apologize that you were disturbed by another guest.

The hotel does employ security staff to intervene when there are noise related complaints.
If a disturbance does exist, and it is reported to the front desk, a security officer will be dispatched to address the issue immediately.

Been to Ramada Plaza West Hollywood Hotel and Suites? Share your experiences!