“Wonderful hotel with great location” 4 of 5 stars

Special Price
10% Off and Free Parking
Ranked #10 of 17 hotels in West Hollywood
Ohio
“Wonderful hotel with great location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

We spent three nights at Le Montrose and really enjoyed it. The room was very clean and comfortable, with great pillows. We were on the second floor and the room was very quiet. Staff was attentive and helpful, location was in the midst of everything, close to sunset. The street becomes a dead end at night, so no vehicle noise to speak of. We ate at the restaurant twice for breakfast, and the service and food were great, although a little pricy. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
stephen b, General Manager at Le Montrose Suite Hotel, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Dear Flybynighttraveler,

Thank you for your positive feedback on your recent stay at Le Montrose Suite Hotel. We appreciate you taking the time and letting our friends at Trip Advisor know about your wonderful experience! I was happy to read that our team took great care of you and that you had an opportunity to enjoy all the amenities we have to offer. We hope to see you soon!

646 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
san francisco
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

Please read this review carefully if you are considering this hotel -- and make sure to look at my photos of my room.

In summary:
- Nobody with any experience at a real 4 star hotel would consider this anywhere near 4 star, and the rating sites, travel sites, and the hotel itself seem to be running some sort of review or rating scam.
- Parking is ridiculous at $36/day
- The hotel is in a converted apartment building
- The hotel is very noisy
- Staff is rude and seems to be used to dealing with customers who feel they were scammed as they have their lines down pat
- Rooftop pool has nice views but it is small, pretty ugly, and there was no attendant (towels left over all day long, etc, dirty)
- NOT ALL OF THE ROOMS ARE SUITES -- AS A SUITE HOTEL, THEY WILL TRY TO PASS OFF A ROOM THAT DOESNT CONTAIN A KITCHENETTE OR A SLEEPER SOFA AS A SUITE. By their explaination, becuase it has a "sunken area" with a "fake fireplace" and a tiny loveseat couch, that makes the room a suite (to me it looked just about the size of a normal hotel room stuffed with extra furniture.)

I stayed here in March of 2013. I booked on priceline, via their hotel app, which offered this hotel in a group of 5 other "4 star hotels" from standard well known 4 star hotel chains. Now I see that either priceline or Le Montrose is running a star scam of sorts. I got to the hotel, immediately could tell that from the outside, this was definitely not a 4 star hotel, and called priceline telling them of the situation. I felt they misrepresented the hotel and thus the "no refund" contract should be void. Of course, the Indian CS rep coudlnt help me at all and advised me to check in. I spent the next 2 hours tryign to get out of my reservation, with the staff at Le Montrose saying they couldn't do anything about it as Priceline had my money, and Priceline saying they couldn't do anything without Le Montrose signing a reservation cancellation form they could fax them. This sounds like a pretty standard process the travel industry has come up with to scam customers. Both parties said "non refundable, we have held up our end of the bargain."

Hotel staff was rude, but I was mad, so fine. I accepted check in as I needed a place to stay. They took me up to my room -- it just got worse. THe hallways were small, dingy, carpet was ugly and walls were a bit roughed up. I shared the passenger elevator with housekeeping even though they have a service elevator. I walked into my room, and it smelled heavily of cleaning supplies. And-- get this -- after marketing themselves as a SUITE HOTEL in name, on priceline, everywhere, and knowing I was already pretty pissed, they gave me what no sane person would consider a SUITE. It had no kitchenette, no sleeper bed. It could only fit 2 people (king sized bed). they claimed that they considered it a suite because it had a "sunken area" (LOL) with a cheap foam loveseat next to a terrible fake fireplace. It was barely larger than a holiday inn hotel room.

Furniture was cheap, though new. It was all stuff that "looked" modern and nice but was really just somewhat junky. Climate control was handled through a in-wall noisy box (that hung outiside the window, which makes the hotel from the street look even worse). Hotel was noisy, you could hear what was going on in the halls. Rooftop pool deck was not taken care of very well at all, used towels everywhere, glasswhere sitting on the tables, etc.

I was not happy. I took off after one night, and am in the process of issuing a chargeback to my bank because of total misrepresentation (nobody would consdider this a four star hotel property, shame on you priceline, and these are definitely not suites, shame on you priceline and shame on you Le Montrose and La Salle Hospitality).

A scam all around.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Pisa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

Great room, smelled a little bit in the hall. Pool was cute but small. Don't party or be TOO loud because you will get called out on it. I guess the mayor lives in the hood and he doesn't like noise. Perhaps he forgot what it's like to be in your 20-30's!!! Staff was very nice, although we ordered a bottle of wine in the lounge area and he brought us the more expensive one by accident....small tip for him sorry.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Blackpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

This hotel is almost hidden away from the bustle of Sunset Strip and yet its within a couple of minutes walking distance. The hotel itself has just been refurbished and it's beautifully done. The room we had included a small kitchen area that included a coffee maker and fridge, the only things I would use on vacation since I'm not there to cook :) The pool area is great too, it's on the roof and really a peaceful little oasis. The staff I encountered were all very professional, friendly and helpful. We ordered room service one night and it was great food delivered within a very reasonable amount of time. I can't fault anything about our stay there and would choose this hotel again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
stephen b, General Manager at Le Montrose Suite Hotel, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Dear Sharon M,

Greetings from the other side of the pond! It sounds like we were just the right fit for your travels and we’re glad to hear it! Thank you for the rave review and for the gracious comments about our team, we are lucky to have them! I am happy to read that you had an opportunity to experience all Le Montrose has to offer and look forward to your next visit. Please don’t hesitate to contact me directly as it would be a pleasure to arrange for your accommodation personally. Hope to see you soon!

Derry, NH
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

We loved this hotel. The suite was well laid out, spotless, and huge! The entire staff was very friendly and went out of their way to be helpful. Reservations helped us make the most of their special. The doorman offered us an umbrella unasked. Housekeeping set us up with extra coffee in the room. The front desk took care of a small billing issue with a smile. Exceptional service all around. The rooftop pool was very nice with comfy lounge chairs, cabanas, and great views. Drinks at the pool were pricey but I suppose that's to be expected since it's set up as ordering from room service. We'll be back!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Tring, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

This is a great place to stay if you are visiting West Hollywood. The hotel is tucked away in a quiet residential neighbourhood but is in easy walking distance to the shops, bars, restaurants and nightlife of Santa Monica blvd and Sunset blvd. The rooms were spacious, clean and well equipped. The only downside is the lack of choice for meals in the hotel itself with the restaurant and room service menu being the same. However unless you really wanted to eat in the hotel this may not be such a problem. Drinks are not allowed in the rooftop swimming pool area which is a shame.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
stephen b, General Manager at Le Montrose Suite Hotel, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Dear David H,
I was happy to read you enjoyed your visit to WeHo and Le Montrose! Thank you for your feedback and appreciate you highlighting the cleanliness of our suites and great location! I’m also pleased to say that we are nearly complete with our new menu selection for our restaurant Privato, and Suite Service, which should be prepared shortly. I was however, disappointed that you couldn’t enjoy a cocktail on our rooftop and take in our spectacular views. I cannot apologize enough for the misunderstanding as we do allow drinks poolside however, control glass containers and bottles as a safety precaution.

I hope you don’t wait too long for your next trip and visit us soon. I’ll be sure to bring up the drinks, mini umbrellas and all!

Fremont, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I found the Le Montrose to be a great business and leisure suite hotel in WeHo (West Hollywood). Its just 1 block off Sunset Blvd (and a short cab north of Santa Monica Blvd), both very desirable areas of West Los Angeles. The fact it is a block off of Sunset makes it quiet yet within walking distance of some great nightlife/restaurant scenes of Sunset Blvd (Viper room, Gordon Ramsey's and others).
The rooms are all oversized (hence the 'suite' side of things), and well appointed with nice size TV's amenities and comfortable furnishings. On both my visits and stays on the back and front of the property I found it quiet and pleasing. Having a fridge in my room was great for dinner left overs and late snacks.
Don't miss out on the roof top pool area for a evening retreats and even better for morning coffee and great views of Hollywood.
The gym had all their machines in working order and very usable.
I found the staff very welcoming and professional with some great ideas for weekend sightseeing.
I stayed on business and on my second trip booked an extra night into the weekend to fully enjoy the property and a leisure day in West Hollywood, definitely worth the stay over.

Room Tip: I stayed in rooms facing the back of the property and the front of the property and had no issues wi...