Please read this review carefully if you are considering this hotel -- and make sure to look at my photos of my room.
- Nobody with any experience at a real 4 star hotel would consider this anywhere near 4 star, and the rating sites, travel sites, and the hotel itself seem to be running some sort of review or rating scam.
- Parking is ridiculous at $36/day
- The hotel is in a converted apartment building
- The hotel is very noisy
- Staff is rude and seems to be used to dealing with customers who feel they were scammed as they have their lines down pat
- Rooftop pool has nice views but it is small, pretty ugly, and there was no attendant (towels left over all day long, etc, dirty)
- NOT ALL OF THE ROOMS ARE SUITES -- AS A SUITE HOTEL, THEY WILL TRY TO PASS OFF A ROOM THAT DOESNT CONTAIN A KITCHENETTE OR A SLEEPER SOFA AS A SUITE. By their explaination, becuase it has a "sunken area" with a "fake fireplace" and a tiny loveseat couch, that makes the room a suite (to me it looked just about the size of a normal hotel room stuffed with extra furniture.)
I stayed here in March of 2013. I booked on priceline, via their hotel app, which offered this hotel in a group of 5 other "4 star hotels" from standard well known 4 star hotel chains. Now I see that either priceline or Le Montrose is running a star scam of sorts. I got to the hotel, immediately could tell that from the outside, this was definitely not a 4 star hotel, and called priceline telling them of the situation. I felt they misrepresented the hotel and thus the "no refund" contract should be void. Of course, the Indian CS rep coudlnt help me at all and advised me to check in. I spent the next 2 hours tryign to get out of my reservation, with the staff at Le Montrose saying they couldn't do anything about it as Priceline had my money, and Priceline saying they couldn't do anything without Le Montrose signing a reservation cancellation form they could fax them. This sounds like a pretty standard process the travel industry has come up with to scam customers. Both parties said "non refundable, we have held up our end of the bargain."
Hotel staff was rude, but I was mad, so fine. I accepted check in as I needed a place to stay. They took me up to my room -- it just got worse. THe hallways were small, dingy, carpet was ugly and walls were a bit roughed up. I shared the passenger elevator with housekeeping even though they have a service elevator. I walked into my room, and it smelled heavily of cleaning supplies. And-- get this -- after marketing themselves as a SUITE HOTEL in name, on priceline, everywhere, and knowing I was already pretty pissed, they gave me what no sane person would consider a SUITE. It had no kitchenette, no sleeper bed. It could only fit 2 people (king sized bed). they claimed that they considered it a suite because it had a "sunken area" (LOL) with a cheap foam loveseat next to a terrible fake fireplace. It was barely larger than a holiday inn hotel room.
Furniture was cheap, though new. It was all stuff that "looked" modern and nice but was really just somewhat junky. Climate control was handled through a in-wall noisy box (that hung outiside the window, which makes the hotel from the street look even worse). Hotel was noisy, you could hear what was going on in the halls. Rooftop pool deck was not taken care of very well at all, used towels everywhere, glasswhere sitting on the tables, etc.
I was not happy. I took off after one night, and am in the process of issuing a chargeback to my bank because of total misrepresentation (nobody would consdider this a four star hotel property, shame on you priceline, and these are definitely not suites, shame on you priceline and shame on you Le Montrose and La Salle Hospitality).
A scam all around.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in a quiet neighborhood just steps from Los Angeles’ Sunset Strip, Le Montrose Suite Hotel is designed with your privacy and comfort in mind. From the exclusive Privato Lounge and rooftop pool with panoramic Hollywood views, to our stylish studio and one bedroom suites, each element of Le Montrose is beautifully detailed with warm, urban appeal, sleek sophistication and an edgy, elegant attitude. Our West Hollywood location finds you minutes from the finest shopping, restaurants, and nightlife that Los Angeles has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Priceline, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Sabre Hospitality Solutions , BookIt.com, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Le Montrose Suite Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Montrose Hotel West Hollywood
- Le Montrose Suite West Hollywood