“Nice hotel, great location” 5 of 5 stars

Special Price
10% Off and Free Parking
Ranked #10 of 17 hotels in West Hollywood
Blackpool, United Kingdom
“Nice hotel, great location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

This hotel is almost hidden away from the bustle of Sunset Strip and yet its within a couple of minutes walking distance. The hotel itself has just been refurbished and it's beautifully done. The room we had included a small kitchen area that included a coffee maker and fridge, the only things I would use on vacation since I'm not there to cook :) The pool area is great too, it's on the roof and really a peaceful little oasis. The staff I encountered were all very professional, friendly and helpful. We ordered room service one night and it was great food delivered within a very reasonable amount of time. I can't fault anything about our stay there and would choose this hotel again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
stephen b, General Manager at Le Montrose Suite Hotel, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Dear Sharon M,

Greetings from the other side of the pond! It sounds like we were just the right fit for your travels and we’re glad to hear it! Thank you for the rave review and for the gracious comments about our team, we are lucky to have them! I am happy to read that you had an opportunity to experience all Le Montrose has to offer and look forward to your next visit. Please don’t hesitate to contact me directly as it would be a pleasure to arrange for your accommodation personally. Hope to see you soon!

646 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Derry, NH
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

We loved this hotel. The suite was well laid out, spotless, and huge! The entire staff was very friendly and went out of their way to be helpful. Reservations helped us make the most of their special. The doorman offered us an umbrella unasked. Housekeeping set us up with extra coffee in the room. The front desk took care of a small billing issue with a smile. Exceptional service all around. The rooftop pool was very nice with comfy lounge chairs, cabanas, and great views. Drinks at the pool were pricey but I suppose that's to be expected since it's set up as ordering from room service. We'll be back!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Tring, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

This is a great place to stay if you are visiting West Hollywood. The hotel is tucked away in a quiet residential neighbourhood but is in easy walking distance to the shops, bars, restaurants and nightlife of Santa Monica blvd and Sunset blvd. The rooms were spacious, clean and well equipped. The only downside is the lack of choice for meals in the hotel itself with the restaurant and room service menu being the same. However unless you really wanted to eat in the hotel this may not be such a problem. Drinks are not allowed in the rooftop swimming pool area which is a shame.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
stephen b, General Manager at Le Montrose Suite Hotel, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Dear David H,
I was happy to read you enjoyed your visit to WeHo and Le Montrose! Thank you for your feedback and appreciate you highlighting the cleanliness of our suites and great location! I’m also pleased to say that we are nearly complete with our new menu selection for our restaurant Privato, and Suite Service, which should be prepared shortly. I was however, disappointed that you couldn’t enjoy a cocktail on our rooftop and take in our spectacular views. I cannot apologize enough for the misunderstanding as we do allow drinks poolside however, control glass containers and bottles as a safety precaution.

I hope you don’t wait too long for your next trip and visit us soon. I’ll be sure to bring up the drinks, mini umbrellas and all!

Fremont, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I found the Le Montrose to be a great business and leisure suite hotel in WeHo (West Hollywood). Its just 1 block off Sunset Blvd (and a short cab north of Santa Monica Blvd), both very desirable areas of West Los Angeles. The fact it is a block off of Sunset makes it quiet yet within walking distance of some great nightlife/restaurant scenes of Sunset Blvd (Viper room, Gordon Ramsey's and others).
The rooms are all oversized (hence the 'suite' side of things), and well appointed with nice size TV's amenities and comfortable furnishings. On both my visits and stays on the back and front of the property I found it quiet and pleasing. Having a fridge in my room was great for dinner left overs and late snacks.
Don't miss out on the roof top pool area for a evening retreats and even better for morning coffee and great views of Hollywood.
The gym had all their machines in working order and very usable.
I found the staff very welcoming and professional with some great ideas for weekend sightseeing.
I stayed on business and on my second trip booked an extra night into the weekend to fully enjoy the property and a leisure day in West Hollywood, definitely worth the stay over.

Room Tip: I stayed in rooms facing the back of the property and the front of the property and had no issues wi...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Las Vegas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

My wife and I stayed for one night recently at this lovely property. Our room was a large suite that was very nicely appointed, and had all the amenities one needs for a comfortable stay. I particularly liked the two large LCD TV's with the HD channels. The bed in particular was very comfortable. The rooftop pool and terrace were beautiful. The pool is small, but welcoming. The views of the surrounding area are truly terrific. The staff was very professional and accomodating. Parking, which in this area can be a nightmare, was easy at the hotel, as it appears to have sufficient spaces in it's lower level parking garage. Overall, a big "thumbs up".

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
stephen b, General Manager at Le Montrose Suite Hotel, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Dear c1902c,

Thank you for taking the time and sharing your experience with our friends at Trip Advisor! We truly appreciate your feedback and are always happy to read that we have yet another happy traveler! The bedding, as you noted, was one of our top priorities during our recent renovation so I am happy to hear that you had a great night’s rest!

We look forward to your next visit and hope you may have an opportunity for a longer stay and further explore all that WeHo has to offer!

San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

I like boutique hotels, especially in tourist areas- this one was recommended to me in 2009 for a business trip. It was perfect- a quite oasis in West Hollywood for me and my clients to meet and discuss business. I have come to think of Le Montrose as my Hollywood home many visits later. Privato, the guest only dining areas ( indoor and outdoor ) on the Lobby level serve some of the best macaroni and cheese I have ever had anywhere. The pool on the rooftop is small but relaxing, the same for the jacuzzi. The rooms are quiet and most have balconies. The Rainbow , The Roxy, The Whiskey a go go are just a few of the music venues located a blocks away on Sunset Blvd aka The Sunset Strip. The staff is great , very helpful and polite. In July 2012- the hotel was busier than it normally is for my stays, but as always I had a relaxing and happy stay . They offer CA resident rates , rooms with kitchenettes and many guest get away packages . A recent remodel in 2012 updated the property nicely . Overall a great centrally located place to stay for business or fun.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013 via mobile

Had a good stay recently at Le Montrose. Rooms are ok, the fireplace was a nice touch. Facilities in general adequate. The coffee maker did not work in our room. The hair dryer looked like it came out of the 1990s. The bed was comfy. The gym was adequate, a couple treadmills and ellipticals and some machines and free weights. I guess I was spoiled by my stay a few months ago at The London, but I was a little underwhelmed. It's location however is definitely a bonus.

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Le Montrose Suite Hotel? Share your experiences!