“Great location with a great price.” 4 of 5 stars

Le Montrose Suite Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   900 Hammond Street, West Hollywood, CA 90069   |
Ranked #11 of 17 hotels in West Hollywood
New York City, New York
“Great location with a great price.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

Le montrose is a great hotel in an amazing location. I stayed in the suites that just underwent some of their renovations and it was an absolute pleasure. Modern chic interiors with a spacious balcony. The rooftop pool was a great hang out as well. I would definitely recommend friends here and I would visit again.

• Stayed June 2012
stephen b, General Manager at Le Montrose Suite Hotel, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
Dear Cmaidance,

Thank you for your wonderful feedback and recommendation! We are all excited to read that you enjoyed our new look as much as we do! Our great location, awesome roof top and view, coupled with our exceptional service are just a few of the experiences you can count on at Le Montrose!

Don’t wait too long for your next trip!

638 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Madrid, Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

I spent two weeks in this hotel, and I couldnt be more satisfied. The location is perfect, in West Hollywood, walking distance from all the cool restaurants and clubs in Sunset Boulevard. The rooms are great, all suites, very comfortable, big enough, and if you are lucky and get one of the rooms at the top floors, you will enjoy an incredible view of the city. The service is great, very nice people, really kind and helpfull. Again, great experience, and now Im sure that everytime I will go back to L A I will stay in Le Montrose.

Room Tip: Ask for one of the room at the top floors, the view is great!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear Juan M,

Thank you for the great review! A short trip or a lengthy one, Le Montrose Suite Hotel offers all the comforts of home and it seems it was just what you were looking for! I was pleased to read that along with our great product our team delivered the level of service we are known for.

We look forward to your next visit and hope I have an opportunity to say hello in person.

Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

great location,between the most important boulevards (sunset strip and santa monica ),,5 minutes drive from rodeo drive and 20 minutes from universal studios,,,20 min drive to santa monica,,2 minutes drive to beverly center,,,close to many resturants (morton's steak house,benehana,I HOPE,PF CHANGS),,,the neighborhood is quite ,,,price is average 230 $ per night but parking is expensive (35 $ a night ,same price for valley parking),,ask the hotel to book u a room away from noise as some rooms are close to noise areas,,they are renovating the whole hotel,,rooms are acceptable and clean,,staff friendly

Room Tip: ask the hotel a corner room away from noise and on a higher floor,,preferably renovated
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Chandler, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

We were in LA to attend Universal's Hollywood Horror Nights, but most importantly, we were lucky enough to "score" tickets to "The Book of Mormon"!

The front desk fellas were THE BEST! Many thanks to Brad and Jay...they made our trip THAT much more special and fun! Thanks to Brad, we ate an AMAZING pre-show dinner at BOA and Jay was always, just delightful!

We had a Superior King Suite, which was immaculate...the furnishings were brand new and very modern. The bathroom had a very large dressing and vanity area separate from the loo and shower/tub. The shower gel, shampoo and conditioner were fabulous! They also provided 2 plush, comfy robes and a small safe in the closet.

The ONLY "downer" was the air conditioning..it was not central but a window unit. It was on the opposite side of the suite from the bathroom, which was always VERY warm and sometimes, downright hot! Hence, make-up and hair were a challenge, especially with 4 of us trying to get ready at the same time. Unfortunately, there was no mirror in the living area...that would've helped a lot.

The suite had a kitchenette with a sink, stove/oven, microwave and fridge but oddly enough, no cutlery or dishes! The balcony was nice as was the gas fireplace.

Our first morning, we ordered room service/breakfast. It arrived promptly and was fabulous! Steak and eggs, pancakes, fresh squeezed orange juice, piping hot coffee..delicious!

We didn't have time to enjoy the pool, but did enjoy the view from the rooftop pool area. We met a couple who were actually having a romantic dinner, delivered via room service, wine, candles and all!

Lovely people, lovely atmosphere, family friendly, romantic, great location..what else could you ask for?

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
stephen b, General Manager at Le Montrose Suite Hotel, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
Mom-2-4boyz,

Thank you for that amazing review, sounds like you and your family had an awesome time in LA! We truly appreciate you recognizing Brad and Jay at the Front Desk along with the rest of the Le Montrose team. We are fortunate to have team members that enjoy enhancing our guest’s experience!

Our newly renovated suites make for a comfortable stay, not to mention a great value for families! I apologize we did not have dish and silverware upon check in as we generally provide upon request. We’ll be sure to have that ready for you during your next trip! We hope to see you soon and don’t wait too long!

oakland, ca
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

I have stayed twice at this hotel. It seems to be a good value for the area. Hotels jump up in price as you go over the hill towards LA/Beverly Hills/Santa Monica.

The first time I stayed was last year. The room was ok, but had an odd smell, and it was damp. The vaunted rooftop isn't much to speak of, and the service in the restaurant was slow.

I stayed again last nite. When i arrived i was given room 323. The room is over the entrance. The rooms have be rehabbed and are of good size. The bed is comfortable. BUT....you look at the sheets and while you believe they are fresh......they're wrinkled. The bed is made BUT.....are the sheets really fresh? I hope so.....and they use an odd disinfectant. Is that the disinfectant? Or is it the carpets?

The real problem was noise. First, it was from rooms up above. Throughout the night i could hear people walking upstairs. I can deal with that, as I am an experienced traveler and ALWAYS travel with earplugs. The worst thing was later in the night. Evidently room 323 is over/near/behind some sort of utility room or something, because at about 4 in the morning, i could hear things being moved around, loud thumps, doors closing, etc. This went on for at least an hour. A pillow over my head helped but i did NOT enjoy a restful night sleep.

Knowing there was noise, and that i would use earplugs, I called the front desk at 9:30 to schedule a 5:45 wakeup call. I also set my phone's alarm, but since plugs near the beds are few and far between (a problem many business oriented hotels have solved), the phone was at least 15 feet from me. So when i finally heard the alarm at 6:15, i realized that i never got my wakeup call either.

The restaurant staff was nowhere to be found when i got down there at 6:50. I had to go into the kitchen. It took almost a 1/2 hour to get a simple egg sandwich, eat it (it was overcooked) get the check and go. The waiter was apologetic, but all in all, between the noise, the missed wakeup call, and the slow kitchen, i was 1/2 hour late for my appointment. And I was tired.

I do not plan on staying at the Le Montrose again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear sani1Oakland_Ca,

Thank you for taking the time to speak with me regarding your less than stellar experience during your last visit. Once again, I cannot apologize enough for the challenges you experienced and can assure you this is most certainly the exception and not the rule.

I also wanted to thank you for giving us an opportunity to make up for this last stay and look forward to your next visit where I am confident you will experience the level of service you are accustomed to and what Le Montrose is synonymous with. If I may be of further assistance please feel free to contact me directly.

Once again, thank you and safe travels.

All the best,
Vancouver, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

Lovely hotel in a very quiet neighbourhood in West Hollywood. The one bedroom suite was clean and comfortable. Bonus points for having a balcony and kitchenette. Unfortunately, the kitchenette contained no cutlery, or dishes despite having plenty of cupboards and a dishwasher (although no washing up soap was provided).
Fantastic view from the rooftop patio. Pool, spa pool, tanning deck and tennis courts are all part of the rooftop amenities.
Within walking distance is a large grocery store, coffee shop, restaurants/bars and shopping in the predominantly gay West Hollywood. The neighbourhood was so nice and the locals extremely friendly.
The price was a bit high, but I am not one to splurge on hotels.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Scotland UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

Stayed at Le Montrose with my wife and two sons both early 20's. There was plent nightlfe within walking distance of the hotel which is set in a quiet residental area bordering Beverly Hills. We took a taxi one day to Universal Studios from the hotel the fare did not break the bank.
There are a ton of great hotels out there, what sets Le Montrose Hotel W. Hollywood apart is... Location, Location, Location.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
stephen b, General Manager at Le Montrose Suite Hotel, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
Dear Larryscotlanduk,

Thank you for your wonderful review! We were all pleased to read our location worked well for your family trip. Le Montrose is definitely the place to stay when visiting the West Hollywood area for business or leisure!

We look forward to your next stay with us. All the best and safe travels!

Stephen Bohjalian – 310.598.1000 sbohjalian@lemontrose.com

Been to Le Montrose Suite Hotel? Share your experiences!