“excellent location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Le Montrose Suite Hotel

You added Le Montrose Suite Hotel to your Saves list
Le Montrose Suite Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   900 Hammond Street, West Hollywood, CA 90069 (West Hollywood)   |
Ranked #10 of 17 Hotels in West Hollywood
Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
“excellent location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

great location,between the most important boulevards (sunset strip and santa monica ),,5 minutes drive from rodeo drive and 20 minutes from universal studios,,,20 min drive to santa monica,,2 minutes drive to beverly center,,,close to many resturants (morton's steak house,benehana,I HOPE,PF CHANGS),,,the neighborhood is quite ,,,price is average 230 $ per night but parking is expensive (35 $ a night ,same price for valley parking),,ask the hotel to book u a room away from noise as some rooms are close to noise areas,,they are renovating the whole hotel,,rooms are acceptable and clean,,staff friendly

Room Tip: ask the hotel a corner room away from noise and on a higher floor,,preferably renovated
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
Chandler, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

We were in LA to attend Universal's Hollywood Horror Nights, but most importantly, we were lucky enough to "score" tickets to "The Book of Mormon"!

The front desk fellas were THE BEST! Many thanks to Brad and Jay...they made our trip THAT much more special and fun! Thanks to Brad, we ate an AMAZING pre-show dinner at BOA and Jay was always, just delightful!

We had a Superior King Suite, which was immaculate...the furnishings were brand new and very modern. The bathroom had a very large dressing and vanity area separate from the loo and shower/tub. The shower gel, shampoo and conditioner were fabulous! They also provided 2 plush, comfy robes and a small safe in the closet.

The ONLY "downer" was the air conditioning..it was not central but a window unit. It was on the opposite side of the suite from the bathroom, which was always VERY warm and sometimes, downright hot! Hence, make-up and hair were a challenge, especially with 4 of us trying to get ready at the same time. Unfortunately, there was no mirror in the living area...that would've helped a lot.

The suite had a kitchenette with a sink, stove/oven, microwave and fridge but oddly enough, no cutlery or dishes! The balcony was nice as was the gas fireplace.

Our first morning, we ordered room service/breakfast. It arrived promptly and was fabulous! Steak and eggs, pancakes, fresh squeezed orange juice, piping hot coffee..delicious!

We didn't have time to enjoy the pool, but did enjoy the view from the rooftop pool area. We met a couple who were actually having a romantic dinner, delivered via room service, wine, candles and all!

Lovely people, lovely atmosphere, family friendly, romantic, great location..what else could you ask for?

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
stephen b, General Manager at Le Montrose Suite Hotel, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
Mom-2-4boyz,

Thank you for that amazing review, sounds like you and your family had an awesome time in LA! We truly appreciate you recognizing Brad and Jay at the Front Desk along with the rest of the Le Montrose team. We are fortunate to have team members that enjoy enhancing our guest’s experience!

Our newly renovated suites make for a comfortable stay, not to mention a great value for families! I apologize we did not have dish and silverware upon check in as we generally provide upon request. We’ll be sure to have that ready for you during your next trip! We hope to see you soon and don’t wait too long!

All the best and safe travels,
oakland, ca
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

I have stayed twice at this hotel. It seems to be a good value for the area. Hotels jump up in price as you go over the hill towards LA/Beverly Hills/Santa Monica.

The first time I stayed was last year. The room was ok, but had an odd smell, and it was damp. The vaunted rooftop isn't much to speak of, and the service in the restaurant was slow.

I stayed again last nite. When i arrived i was given room 323. The room is over the entrance. The rooms have be rehabbed and are of good size. The bed is comfortable. BUT....you look at the sheets and while you believe they are fresh......they're wrinkled. The bed is made BUT.....are the sheets really fresh? I hope so.....and they use an odd disinfectant. Is that the disinfectant? Or is it the carpets?

The real problem was noise. First, it was from rooms up above. Throughout the night i could hear people walking upstairs. I can deal with that, as I am an experienced traveler and ALWAYS travel with earplugs. The worst thing was later in the night. Evidently room 323 is over/near/behind some sort of utility room or something, because at about 4 in the morning, i could hear things being moved around, loud thumps, doors closing, etc. This went on for at least an hour. A pillow over my head helped but i did NOT enjoy a restful night sleep.

Knowing there was noise, and that i would use earplugs, I called the front desk at 9:30 to schedule a 5:45 wakeup call. I also set my phone's alarm, but since plugs near the beds are few and far between (a problem many business oriented hotels have solved), the phone was at least 15 feet from me. So when i finally heard the alarm at 6:15, i realized that i never got my wakeup call either.

The restaurant staff was nowhere to be found when i got down there at 6:50. I had to go into the kitchen. It took almost a 1/2 hour to get a simple egg sandwich, eat it (it was overcooked) get the check and go. The waiter was apologetic, but all in all, between the noise, the missed wakeup call, and the slow kitchen, i was 1/2 hour late for my appointment. And I was tired.

I do not plan on staying at the Le Montrose again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear sani1Oakland_Ca,

Thank you for taking the time to speak with me regarding your less than stellar experience during your last visit. Once again, I cannot apologize enough for the challenges you experienced and can assure you this is most certainly the exception and not the rule.

I also wanted to thank you for giving us an opportunity to make up for this last stay and look forward to your next visit where I am confident you will experience the level of service you are accustomed to and what Le Montrose is synonymous with. If I may be of further assistance please feel free to contact me directly.

Once again, thank you and safe travels.

All the best,
Vancouver, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

Lovely hotel in a very quiet neighbourhood in West Hollywood. The one bedroom suite was clean and comfortable. Bonus points for having a balcony and kitchenette. Unfortunately, the kitchenette contained no cutlery, or dishes despite having plenty of cupboards and a dishwasher (although no washing up soap was provided).
Fantastic view from the rooftop patio. Pool, spa pool, tanning deck and tennis courts are all part of the rooftop amenities.
Within walking distance is a large grocery store, coffee shop, restaurants/bars and shopping in the predominantly gay West Hollywood. The neighbourhood was so nice and the locals extremely friendly.
The price was a bit high, but I am not one to splurge on hotels.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Scotland UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

Stayed at Le Montrose with my wife and two sons both early 20's. There was plent nightlfe within walking distance of the hotel which is set in a quiet residental area bordering Beverly Hills. We took a taxi one day to Universal Studios from the hotel the fare did not break the bank.
There are a ton of great hotels out there, what sets Le Montrose Hotel W. Hollywood apart is... Location, Location, Location.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
stephen b, General Manager at Le Montrose Suite Hotel, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
Dear Larryscotlanduk,

Thank you for your wonderful review! We were all pleased to read our location worked well for your family trip. Le Montrose is definitely the place to stay when visiting the West Hollywood area for business or leisure!

We look forward to your next stay with us. All the best and safe travels!

Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

Really, very little to complain about. Great location, walking distance to Sunset Strip, also to bars/clubs/restaurants on Santa Monica Blvd, and big Pavillions supermarket in West Hollywood. In a residential neighborhood, very quiet all around. The room is very spacious, I had a Deluxe Suite. Decent view from some rooms facing toward downtown Los Angeles. Very comfortable bedding, really great shampoos in the bathroom. My room had a tub/shower. Very large size screen t.v. with great channels, even HBO etc. Nice big desk area, with good light above, and electric plugs around. The description says it has a refrigerator, but it's really a stuffed mini bar. When I say stuffed, there were 42 bottles total, almost all hard licquor. You can just take out what you don't want, to make space for your own items, and voila, you've got a refrigerator. Oddly, there is no coffee maker in the room... must be intentional. Iron and ironing board, nice sitting area, working gas fireplace, good air conditioning that was quiet too. I was only in the lobby when I checked in, as I would go directly from the room to the parking garage.

The parking situation is the only problem area. The $37 nightly parking fee is high, but in line with the area. You cannot park past 9 pm in the area on the residential streets, as it's permit parking only, so you have to pay that crazy fee. What I didn't like was the very poor design of the parking area. The spaces are all very very small, and some almost impossible to get into. And you have to drive and turn around, then sometimes drive up hill backwards to get in or out or around. Valet parking is a few dollars more, and they will do it for you, plus the tip you should give, would add up after the already high $37 parking fee. Sometimes there were no spaces available at all, but in that situation they allowed you to park in the valet area.

The rooftop pool was nice, with great views of the city. No, it's not olympic size, but big enough. Also a nice jacuzzi and a full sized tennis court on the roof. You can call and get room service and drinks up there too. The hotel has 24 hour room service. The food was sort of reasonable/expensive, but it was good. I didn't use the restaurant, but it looked small and nice.

All the cleaning staff were very friendly and did a great job. The room and hotel are very clean all over. Many of the rooms are recently renovated, and it was all brand new in my room everywhere.

I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again. I was lucky to take advantage of a "48 hour sale", and it was a good deal. And the price did go way up right after that sale, but still a good value for a great place.

Room Tip: Try to get a high floor, facing East, towards downtown L.A.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Dear Pattayainsider,

Thank you for your great feedback and recommendation! We appreciate your compliments on the cleanliness of the hotel and suites as our housekeeping team takes great pride in taking care of our guests. We were pleased to read that you enjoyed our newly renovated suites and that our mondern design and comfortable rooms contributed to a relaxing and enjoyable stay.

Thanks again for your all your great comments and hope you won’t wait too long before your next visit!

All the best and safe travels!

Lausanne, Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

Great place if you want to be in the heart of the action in W. Hollywood.
Upgraded to a suite and was impressed by the recent upgrades.
Suite has lots of space and the bed was very comfortable.
Bathrobes a nice plus
Enjoyed the dressing area of the suite
Toiletries in the bathroom were nice but nothing stellar- I can appreciate the dispenser for shower gel and conditioner from an ecological perspective, but I would play this card more strongly to ensure people don't think this is a cost saving measure.
Wireless was free - nice plus- and good reception in the lobby- double points.

Didn't have a chance to discover the pool but I found the staff to be helpful and customer minded- if perhaps a bit overwhelmed at peak moments.

Finally, I found the $35 parking to be a bit steep for my taste.

Overall a good stay.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Duder13

Thank you for your positive feedback on our newly renovated suites and recognition of our friendly Front Desk team! We were glad to read that our location worked well for you and hope on your next visit you’ll have the opportunity to relax and enjoy the pool with amazing views of WeHo!

All the Best,

Stephen Bohjalian – 310.598.1000 sbohjalian@lemontrose.com

Been to Le Montrose Suite Hotel? Share your experiences!