“Amazing stay in WeHo!” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
Melbourne, Australia
“Amazing stay in WeHo!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

Staying at Andaz West Hollywood makes the trip to LA even more worth it! We could not have picked a more amazing hotel, impecable service, and lux rooms!!!
From the get-go, our 'host' took care of every need, including bags, bookings and a glass of wine on arrival.
This is truly a diamond in LA where you can escape the fast, furious and frivolous world of Hollywood.
Rooftop pool with DJ's on weekends, and views of LA make this a place even worth visiting if not staying.
I could not speak more highly of the room were given and the friendlyness of the staff. Extremely professional and considerate.

Room Tip: Anything above the 10th floor and you are in heavan. Close to the rooftop pool, and views for MILES!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Lin S, General Manager at Andaz West Hollywood, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
I am so delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay at Andaz West Hollywood so thoroughly. From the service of the staff, to your accommodation and our breathtaking views, it sounds like you really appreciated the Andaz experience. I look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back on your next trip to Los Angeles.

1,488 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (392)
Seattle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

Just leaving after a 2 night stay. The staff was professional and helpful. The room was a great size, the pool on the roof is a perfect place to relax, with a great view. We enjoyed the Breakfast Buffet, Brie, meats, breads. The hot items included bacon sausage, eggs cooked to order. Great location, walked around with my 12 year old daughter, restaurants and shopping within half mile. Quick cab to Hollywood Bowl as well as tourist transactions. I'm a Hyatt fan when they do it well, this property does. Kudos to management and all staff.

Room Tip: Sunset Blvd can be a great view, maybe a little noisy for some
Green Features: ECO friendly! A+.............I would say very well done
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
I am so pleased that you chose to stay at Andaz West Hollywood on your recent trip to Los Angeles. Thank you for taking the time to share your rave review! I will ensure to share your comments with the rest of the Andaz team. On behalf of the entire hotel, we look forward to seeing you again in the not too distant future.
NYC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

I spent just one night here on business and was totally happy with my choice. I've stayed in LA a ton of times, and had never thought to try it out. Glad I did. If your looking to be in Hollywood but outside the craziness this location was great. Walked to two great restaurants, was able to leave my car to get over a local hot spot (altho I did looks walking up and not dropping at the valet). Checkin is done semi on fly with "hosts" who meet you at the door and check you in on ipads. Seems a little disorganized but completely worked, and I was offered a glass of wine to bring up to the room, who doesn't love that. Valet was quick and there wasn't the congestion you would expect. I was in a Delux room and it was HUGE. Great sitting area along the floor to ceiling windows looking out on the city with its own little tv. It made having to take calls and work on my computer almost enjoyable. I generally request a double room since they are often by default larger and also give me spread out space. There was pool on the roof that I saw but didn't visit on this stay, and a small fitness room that had everything it needed. I have to say if there were one thing that would have put this spot over the top for me it would have been the in room yoga map and the "on demand" video I have loved in other hotels. The space along the windows would have been perfect for that. There is also an Equinox a short walk up the street if your really need a class. I'm from NYC so the noise doesnt bother me at all, but there is a fair aount of traffic noise from off sunset, and I was on the 12 floor, so I imagine if its an issue maybe request a room facing the other direction.

Totally happy with my stay...and I'll be back for sure.

Room Tip: If you need quiet, face away from Sunset. I was in 1206 and it was perfect.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your review following your recent stay here at Andaz West Hollywood. I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed our spacious accommodations, the hotel’s amenities and the convenience of our central location to local attractions. We look forward the pleasure of welcoming you back upon your next visit to Los Angeles!
Bellevue
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

The location is good. It is relatively easy to get to any part of LA from this location. Also, located centrally on the Sunset Strip there is plenty going on around the hotel with the Comedy Store right next door and a variety of restaurants within close distance. The vibe and interior of the hotel is sort of the new, boutique chiq you see more of now. Think of the SLS (also in LA and other cities) but without the Phillipe Starke designed furniture. The rooms and lobby were modern but comfortable. The restaurant, where we had breakfast but never dinner (why would you eat dinner in your hotel if you are in LA) was really nicely done. Finally, we both liked the “open” check in concept with no particular check-in front desk.

The staff were very pleasant and helpful. The valet staff with the cars was well above average. Great job done there. Housekeeping was a bit slow on one of our nights (we stayed 3) on Sunday. It was nearly 4 and they still had not come by… wet towels to get ready for dinner with. I suspect that is a lack of planning. Lots of checking out on Sunday. My speculation is the housekeeping staff tackled the vacancy turns first and left us last.

We were on the seventh floor facing Sunset. That room was LOUD. Non stop sirens, revving motorcycles, etc., until 2 a.m. But, Sunset is loud, so what do you expect. We got used to it but I would have really diskliked being any lower and closer to street level (we were on the 7th floor). If you really need quiet, just ask for a room facing the back. But that said, even on the only the seventh floor we had a really fabulous view of the south LA basin and the light coming into the room in the morning is a great way to wake up.

As to value, I would say we got what we paid for. Meaning, not horribly expensive by LA standards, not cheap either, but very much in the price point.
The hotel has a very nice roof pool and lounge area. Truly an oasis. Well appointed lounges and chairs, plenty of greenery, and a really great view. There is even a bar. We visited it twice (the pool that is, not the bar). Very nice just for a quick recharge.

Room Tip: Ask for an upper floor or back facing room if you need quiet.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your lovely review of Andaz West Hollywood. I am so glad that your stay was enjoyable and that you were able to enjoy the hotel’s amenities and central location! We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future!
Cork city
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for four days. Hotel is really cool and modern, staff are very friendly and helpful. As it was our first time in LA and we were unsure of where to eat we asked the girl at the front desk if she could recommend a good restaurant, she recommended Boa steakhouse, booked it for us and organised the taxi. Well done that girl, we had a great meal/night.

We stayed in a King room with a view of Sunset boulevard, money very well spent. We had great views of the strip and over most of the city of LA, stunning! The glass area in our room over looking the strip was a really nice place to chill out in the evening with a glass of wine. The room was spacious, had a big tv and plenty of channels to watch. Massive bed, which was really comfy and the bathroom was clean and had a great shower.

The hotel offers complimentary wine in the lounge between 5 and 7pm in the evening which is a really nice touch. We never got to use the swimming pool as we were out exploring the city every day but we went for a drink by the pool one evening as again it's a nice place to chill with a drink and look over LA.

Breakfast was great, the set up was a bit confusing the first morning but once we understood the whole process of ordering and helping yourself we really enjoyed the food. The pancakes, bacon and maple syrup was to die for!

If I was in LA again I would most definitely stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Lin S, General Manager at Andaz West Hollywood, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
I am delighted to hear that you both thoroughly enjoyed your first stay in Los Angeles with us here at Andaz West Hollywood! We truly appreciate you taking the time to share your kind comments and look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future!
Scottsdale, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

Wonderful red wine at every happy hour. But why can't they have a couple Splenda's or at least some pink stuff for my coffee, A sweet roll or bagel would have been great. We like'd the pool area with the huge "beds", don't miss them. The shower head was weird it hit the glass and got the tile wet. I like a little more power myself.

The shampoo and soaps were great. The lotion had no Parabens; I used it and did not itch. Woo hoo!

Room Tip: We were on the eighth floor and could still here the traffic. Nice black out curtains
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for selecting Andaz West Hollywood for your most recent visit to Los Angeles. We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed various aspects of your stay. We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back soon!
England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

After a long flight and delay at the car rental, it was a breath of fresh air landing at the Andaz.

The reception has a unique booking in system and the staff very friendly and helpfull, going out of their way to make your experience a great one.

The staff sorted out a tour for us, booking this in advance, to save us the trouble.

We were only here for 2 nights so didn't use all facilities on offer but I have to recommend spending time on the rooftop deck. The views are amazing, great pool, bar and food as well as great staff.

The rooms were comfortable and modern with all the mod cons you could want.

We only had the breakfast here and a snack on the rooftop deck but the foof was good quality and had a good choice.

There was free wifi in the rooms which was great and the valet parking made the holiday run smoother.

We particlary liked the decor in this boutique hotel, setting it out apart from other places.

Would thoroughly recommend the place for both location and service.

Room Tip: Higher rooms for better views. Has both city and hills views.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Lin S, General Manager at Andaz West Hollywood, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
I am so delighted to have the opportunity to receive your lovely review following your recent stay here at Andaz West Hollywood. I am happy to hear that you were well looked after by our wonderful team and that you thoroughly enjoyed your accommodation as well as the rooftop pool. On behalf of all of us here at the hotel, we look forward to welcoming you back upon your next visit to Los Angeles!
Lin

Been to Andaz West Hollywood? Share your experiences!