“Solid Choice West Hollywood. Best in Area by far!” 5 of 5 stars

Join Hyatt Gold Passport®
Ranked #3 of 17 hotels in West Hollywood
GreenLeadersGold level
Calgary, Canada
“Solid Choice West Hollywood. Best in Area by far!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

This legendary hotel continues to deliver with exceptional service and wonderful staff. I can not say enough about the quality of the staff at this hotel. A real amazing group of talented people. Especially the doormen and valets. Love those guys! Front desk staff and restaurant staff. I have to say, if you read my profile i get around. Best total staff of any hotel i stay in! I spent 10 days there and it was a great time. Rooms are fresh, funky and nice. I-pod docking stations, very quiet between rooms. Big windows, very large. Especially the Sunset strip view. Fantastic beds, very comfortable. Rooms are larger then in most other hotels i have stayed in LA and area. Tasty treats for free in mini bar daily,and free internet. Also free wine in lobby in afternoon,and coffee in AM. with fresh fruit! Restaurant is great, and a hilite is roof top pool!! If your looking for a hip and cool place to stay. in the MIDDLE of West Hollywood, this is in my opinion THE place to stay. You will not be disappointed. House of Blues across street, Starbucks next door and Famous Comedy Club also. Super clean, very posh, yet fun, this hotel has had guest from Led Zeppelin to Rolling Stones and everyone in between. Not just for adults. Lots of families there this week. My kids love it!

Room Tip: Sunset view King! Always take the view. Not much more. Amazing view and tons to see day and night. m...
Green Features: Very green and healthy. Recycle bins in all rooms, and ask if you desire fresh lines. A good eco conscious place!
Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Lin S, General Manager at Andaz West Hollywood, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay here at Andaz West Hollywood! I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your visit and will be sure to pass along your kind words to the team. We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back soon!

1,495 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (397)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

We ended our honeymoon route 66 holiday here. Upon arrival we were greeted by a friendly hotel representative who came across very helpful and attentive. He explained everything very clearly and was knowledgeable when asked questions.

The appearance of the hotel is very modern, minimalist and check in can be done using an iPad whilst enjoying a nice complementary wine. There was tea and coffee with small biscuits provided at breakfast but we chose to eat at Mel's Diner a 10 minute walk away.

Our room, on the penthouse floor, was very clean with a nice view of the hills. Large spacious and minimalist. The pillows were extremely soft. A safe and small fridge are always handy. Two person shower and the bathroom had a light sensor to save on wasting electricity.

The roof top pool is very clean and surrounded by sunbeds and some little bed style pods which are intimate for couples. There are complementary towels and a small bar. It would be an idea if the pool bar provided the complementary wine rather than having to go downstairs to the lobby.

The location of the hotel was spot on. Hollywood boulevard was 5 minute drive, and Santa Monica around 20 minutes. The only downside of the driving is the traffic which is the worst i have ever driven in. If they just introduce roundabouts it would speed up the traffic flow. We walked to a nearby bar 'saddle ranch' which had a great atmosphere and tasty food. Out of the hotel and turn left about 5 mins walk.

Apparently, the hotel, when it was a Hyatt, was were led zeppellin and the rolling stones used to stay.

If we return to Hollywood again we would definitely stay here.

Room Tip: Would recommend a room facing the hills due to traffic noise you can't avoid as its in a busy st...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Lin S, General Manager at Andaz West Hollywood, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback following your recent stay here at Andaz West Hollywood! We are so pleased to hear that you loved the Andaz experience!! We truly look forward to welcoming you back upon your next visit to Los Angeles!
Mornington, Meath, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

Just back from a stay at Andaz WH, fantastic chic vibe throughout the hotel, excellent roof top pool views were amazing. Only disappointment was two of the evenings the roof top was closed to guests for private functions, I get that as I would hire it myself. Great location we could walk to Hollywood walk of fame in forty mins which was a lovely stroll taking in all fab houses. I intend to go back definitely.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
We are delighted you enjoyed your recent stay with us here at Andaz West Hollywood! I truly appreciate you taking the time to share your comments. I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced with the pool closures. We thank you for joining us and look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future!
Cary, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

We picked this hotel for it's location for a couple day stay on family vacation (and to use Hyatt GP points). Like others have said (and we relied on) the location is great (to go do the Hollywood and Studio stuff, as well as go into BH, walk down to Sunset Plaza for shopping, eating, etc.). And the views from the rooms looking out over the LA area from the floor to ceiling windows has to be hard to beat in the area; plus was pretty cool to look out from the rooftop pool. But kinda felt like we were one of the few families at the hotel, and other than the childrens' menu @ the hotel restaurant, really not set up for kids. In fact, the roof top pool on a saturday afternoon was non appropriate for kids (and was a shame since we kinda planned our day around the assumption that we'd hang out at the hotel pool for a bit...if any other reviewers commented on that, I must have missed it)... there was a loud DJ & plenty of drinking that afternoon; only quiet times we found at the pool were sunset sunday evening, and in the early mornings. Also a bit surprising, having stayed at other Andaz properties in the past, is that aside from Rudy who was manning the Valet stand and the wait staff @ the restaurant (reviewed separately), the lobby staff didn't have the service orientation that I've experienced at other Andaz properties. I won't cover all the other stuff already covered (great snacks in the room, high price of parking, "thin" walls, etc.)... but I want to amplify how comfortable the beds are for sleeping that a few reviewers have already mentioned...after long days out sightseeing, was great to fall into those beds and get a great nights' sleep.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback following your recent stay here at Andaz West Hollywood. Please accept my sincere apologies for your less than perfect experience. At Andaz we strive to exceed our guests expectations and I am very sorry that in so many details we have not met yours. Please know that the matters you raised have been address and we are taking the necessary steps to ensure that they do not reoccur in the future. I hope to be able to welcome you back and provide you and your family a fabulous Andaz West Hollywood experience.
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

The rooms were huge, modern, clean, comfortable -- perfect after having ridden my bike to LA from SF and spending the last nights in tents ;-)

Add to all that -- the roof top pool and our room afforded us expansive views of LA and an opportunity to enjoy the sun amongst the other beautiful visitors to the city of angels.

Only downside, the check-in is a little strange with the communal ish checkin counter

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
I am so delighted that you chose to stay at Andaz West Hollywood and that you enjoyed your recent visit! We cannot wait to welcome you back upon your next visit to LA!
NYC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

I don't know why I agonized about where to stay in LA so long. Everything is pricey, but that wasn't it alone. Reviews were a big part of it. So, I finally chose Andaz -- and they had a good AARP price. I got a great room with a view -- and a little seating area near the windows but with a black out curtain between that and the bedroom part, so you don't have to deal with the flashing Sunset lights all night. The room is spotless. The towels are bigger than I've seen at any other hotel lately (and there's a terry bathrobe). I've got to admit, the complimentary snacks and non-alcoholic drinks are really nice, especially since I had a very spicy dinner before I checked in and was tired and just wanted to sit and watch the view. The staff could not be nicer! It's just my first morning here, but hey, with free wifi why wait to send a shout-out for a great experience?

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Lin S, General Manager at Andaz West Hollywood, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
I am so delighted to have the opportunity to read your kind comments regarding your stay here at Andaz West Hollywood. I truly appreciate you taking the time to recognize our team and the hotel’s amenities. On behalf of all of us here at the hotel, we hope you enjoy your time with us and look forward to welcoming you back to Andaz upon your next visit to Los Angeles!
Melbourne
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

For a true LA-experience close to the tourist attractions this hotel is in a fantastic location! My husband and I recently stayed here for a couple of nights while in LA for a week. Was great to be close to the Hollywood area with most places like Runyon Canyon, The Grove etc. within close driving distance and music venues like the House of Blues, The Whiskey and Viper Room within walking distance. However, we did move closer to the beach for the rest of our stay for a more relaxed beachy time.
I would definitely say that the free wifi is a bonus, as is the rooftop-pool (although we did find it difficult to get a pool area bed over the weekend). Rooms are spacious, with great views and very clean. Unforunately we did get a room right off the elevator, which was noisy at times. Parking is expensive, but no more than everywhere else in West Hollywood and the valet service was excellent.

Room Tip: Rooms near the elevator were noisy.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Lin S, General Manager at Andaz West Hollywood, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Thank you so much for your review following your recent visit here at Andaz West Hollywood. I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay! We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future!
Lin

Been to Andaz West Hollywood? Share your experiences!