“so chic” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
Yarmouth Port, Massachusetts
“so chic”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

overall this was a fantastic one night stay. The rooms are extremely comfortable, very clean and the amenities are first rate - I especially like the seating area by the window with the tiny sofa! The beds were comfortable and although the hallways were noisy by day, they were very quiet after midnight when we arrived back to our rooms. We were disappointed by the rooftop deck, which had been a draw for us, so unfortunately we took our cocktail business elsewhere. The location was great for business and for sightseeing. The one drawback is the folksy check-in procedure. I want to to check in and check out - I do not want to be stalked by a "team member" carrying an ipad, sit on the sofa and talk about my hotel experience...check in took FOREVER and checkout was longer than that! But when I am back in the area, this is THE hotel for me!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Lin S, General Manager at Andaz West Hollywood, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience following your recent stay here at Andaz West Hollywood. It is delightful to know that you enjoyed so many aspects of your visit. Thank you for sharing your experience as we value every aspect of your feedback. We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back upon your next visit to West Hollywood!

1,483 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (392)
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

From the little cool touches like the famous quotes on the windows, and the free snacks to the overall comfort, cleanliness, location, etc - this was a wonderful hotel and I will definitely stay there again. The former balconies - now closed in glass pods overlooked a great view of LA were fun to hang out in and a curtain could be pulled behind to reduce traffic noise to the sleeping area.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us at Andaz West Hollywood! Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback. I look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back upon your return trip to Los Angeles!!
Lafayette, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is very nice. It has a great location. You can walk to shopping and restaurants. The staff was friendly and efficient. Our room was clean and comfortable. The roof top pool looked great but unfortunately, there was a private party using it so we were out of luck. Coffee was free and good. We enjoyed it.

• Stayed April 2013
Thank you for selecting Andaz West Hollywood for your recent visit to Los Angeles. I am delighted to know how much you enjoyed the central location, staff service and comfortable room accommodations. We look forward to seeing you again, hopefully in the not too distant future!
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

I used my one remaining comp room (thru Hyatt's Visa card program) and must say this stay was definitely worth the $75 annual fee for the credit card. Upon arrival we were greeted outside by a concierge who was also the front desk person AND bellman. This hotel has the most professional employees I've ever seen in a hotel, one of whom stays with you from the time your car arrives until you are taken up to your room. Our concierge offered us glasses of wine as well as bottled water, both complimentary. In the room fridge were complimentary sodas and bottled water, as well. Also, there were a few complimentary bagged snacks for us in the room. There is, however, a charge for alcoholic beverages in the fridge. We didn't partake so I'm not sure what the cost may have been. The bed was very comfortable and the room itself must have been soundproofed. Not a sound was heard from outside, down the hall, etc. Parking was $33 for valet, maybe a bit stiff, but this IS Los Angeles. On the rooftop is a pool...the water was a bit cold for native Floridians...but the morning view of sunrise over LA was great. Totally LOVED it!

Room Tip: Check out Hyatt's credit card offer. For a $75 annual fee you get 2 free room nights to use wit...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Lin S, General Manager at Andaz West Hollywood, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Thank you so much for your delightful words regarding your experience here at Andaz West Hollywood. It is so nice to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay from the service to the hotel’s amenities. We look forward to welcoming you back!
Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

We had just stayed at the Andaz 5th Ave and this one was kind of a disappointment.
I didn't find the stay very friendly, most were hard to understand and the other half didn't seem to want to help.
The room was spacious, bed really comfortable, bathroom tiny!!! too bad if there is more than 1 person in the room because there is no bench space to speak of same goes for the wardrobe.
The walls are super thin, we had to call down to the front desk one night due to a noisy family. I am sure there was some rapper across the hall there were so many people coming and going and the noise was beyond annoying.
The restaurant down stairs is ok, they have a big breakfast buffet or you can order off the menu. For dinner its more of a tapps menu I think? There wasn't a great variety.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
I am terribly sorry to hear that you did not thoroughly enjoy your recent stay here at Andaz West Hollywood. I truly apologize for the noise disturbance that you experienced during your stay. At Andaz we strive to satisfy every guest and I am sorry that we were not able to do so in this instance. Hopefully we will be able to welcome you back and create an experience for you of true Andaz hospitality.
Los Altos, California, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

I would recommend this hotel. It is centrally located on the Sunset strip - in between Universal & Santa Monica. The rooftop pool & view are amazing. I thought the staff was very professional, friendly, but ... a valet definitely banged my (new!) car into a curb and I have a rough spot on my bumper now.

Room Tip: Stay on the back side of the hotel for a quieter night (rooms with odd numbers)
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for sharing your experience following your recent stay here at Andaz West Hollywood. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your visit however I would like to sincerely apologize for any possible incidents that may have occurred with the valet. I would love to have the opportunity to speak with you about your experience so that I may investigate the information you have shared more precisely. If you have a moment, please email my assistant at lauren.farah@andaz.com, so that I may discuss your experience in further detail. I look forward to the opportunity to speak with you soon.
New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

the pool and the views are great, but that's where it ends. The staff was very friendly, but they never did anything they said they would. The rooms are average. The walls are thin, so you can hear every hallway and neighbor conversation. Gym is awful. Stay here only if you get a really low rate. There is much better for the same or less money.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Lin S, General Manager at Andaz West Hollywood, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback following your recent stay here at Andaz West Hollywood. I am terribly sorry to hear that you did not thoroughly enjoy your time with us. At Andaz, we are committed to serving every guest beyond expectations and to know that we did not do so on this occasion is disappointing. Hopefully one day we will have the opportunity to welcome you back and create an experience more consistent with true Andaz hospitality.
Lin

Been to Andaz West Hollywood? Share your experiences!