“Best Location and Views” 4 of 5 stars

Walk 'n' Roll
Ranked #4 of 17 hotels in West Hollywood
GreenLeadersGold level
Clearwater, Florida
“Best Location and Views”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

This hotel was remodeled as the Andaz and i had not stayed here in awhile. Location is really unbeatable if you want to enjoy the clubs and restaurants on Sunset. I had a city view room on 9, views are really great.

Minimalist decor but the lounge chair situated by the window-priceless. Pool on roof, all nice.
Recommend and a decent value as well for LA

Room Tip: pay for city view-get a high fllor from 8 or above
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Lin S, General Manager at Andaz West Hollywood, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Thank you so much for your review following your stay here at Andaz West Hollywood. I am so glad that your stay was enjoyable and am looking forward to welcoming you back soon!

1,371 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (345)
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013 via mobile

Will be back. Hotel is located conveniently on Sunset. $32 valet parking. Wine/coffee on arrival as you get checked in by a super friendly modern employee on an ipad. Your preferences are taken into account. Assistance is offered with luggage. Nice sized rooms with very comfortable beds. Nice walk in showers with all amenities (they even have the toothpaste covered!). Free wifi. Free non alcoholic drinks in your minibar. Free snacks. Everything is attended to and timely. Car pulled up without any delays. Very curteous regarding any request. Free coffee and pastries in the morning. Beautiful rooftop pool. Appreciate this as a Hyatt Diamond member... THIS is what I am talking about Hyatt!! A+

• Stayed April 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful feedback following your recent stay here at Andaz West Hollywood. We are so pleased to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed the Andaz experience!! We truly look forward to welcoming you back upon your next visit to West Hollywood!
Salt Lake City, Utah
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

This hotel looked promising from the lobby. However, after being checked into a room that was not yet cleaned, I experienced further trouble when the air con in then second room, would not operate. Apparently their entire hotel is on a central system and the side I happened to be on was not enabled at the time I wanted air. I spoke to the hotel manager and they assured me that they would shortly turn on that side of the hotel, but to no avail. I did not feel any air coming into the room. It was not overly hot or anything, just annoying to know that I had not control of the air system should I have wanted it cooler.

Bed was great, but the overall room decor was in my opinion overly "white" and a little too minimalistic.

The lobby bar and food were very good. Pool was deserted on the upper deck in the middle of the day.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback following your recent stay here at Andaz West Hollywood. I am delighted to hear that you were able to enjoy our comfy beds and RH bar, however I am terribly sorry to hear that you did not thoroughly enjoy your entire stay. At Andaz we are committed to serving every guest beyond expectations and to know that you did not find your experience here to be consistent with this expectation is disappointing. Hopefully one day we can welcome you back to create a more memorable experience.
Bangalore, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

Got upgraded to a sunset view worth it, especially at night . Lot of perks at the Andaz . Like a comp bottle of wine , small things like good toothpaste and wine in the evenings and a discount at the very good bar . Great location right on the strip hip and tasteful . Could do with some maintenance work on the bathroom door tough to,open and close .

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for sharing your experience of your recent stay here at Andaz West Hollywood. I am delighted to know that you were able to enjoy the complimentary wine hour, view of the city and our RH bar. On behalf of all of us here at the hotel, I look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back soon!
Detroit, Michigan, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

I recently had a leisurely Easter weekend at the Andaz West Hollywood and had an overall very good stay there. The aesthetic of the hotel is very contemporary chic and I found the service of most of the employees with whom I interacted to be top-notch and incredibly friendly. The Sunset Strip location is also very central to a lot of nightlife and generally, to westside shops & restaurants. The hotel is also incredibly generous with amenities like a free snack bar and free wifi. However, I will say the hotel is likely a little lacking in business amenities and does not have a formal business center, though the free wifi might make up for that for many business travelers. What the hotel had instead of an actual business center is a few Mac computers in the lobby for guest use. I did like the setup of the front desk reception, being right in the middle of the lobby instead of off to the side or against a wall. It was very welcoming. Also--I had brunch in the hotel on two days, and I will say that the buffet was a little barren on the Saturday but completely improved the following day for a wonderful Easter brunch spread. Valet service needs work and probably some additional valet drivers. They were sometimes very slow coming to the car when I drove into the hotel, but were honestly pretty quick with having guest cars ready. Also--the valet area can be a very tight fit for cars coming in and out, and the drivers should make it clear where they want one to pull in. I will also add the the rooms had a wonderful aesthetic as I stayed in an Andaz Queen but a friend of mine had a suite. They were both incredibly spacious with separate sitting areas and very nice bathrooms with walk-in showers. I will say that the hotel could do a little more with the design of the rooms, like add artwork, as there were a lot of barren walls and white space. Overall, very good. I did have one mistake where I was sent to a room that was not yet clean upon check-in, but it rectified rather quickly.

Room Tip: Andaz Queen rooms are very spacious with two large beds and a sitting area, and can honestly comfort...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Lin S, General Manager at Andaz West Hollywood, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
I am so delighted to have the opportunity to read your kind comments following your recent stay at Andaz West Hollywood. I truly appreciate you taking the time to recognize the great service and prime location. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel on your visit to Los Angeles!
Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

We stayed at the Andaz for four nights on our honeymoon and we had a wonderful time. The hotel is stylish, light and airy with pleasant staff who use an iPad to check you in. Our room was lovely and spacious. The bathroom quite small, but clean and modern. My only criticism about the room was that the mirror seemed to be tinted and it was very difficult to see what I was doing when drying my hair/putting my makeup on, so I ended up using the bathroom mirror to get ready which wasn't ideal but not a huge problem.

We had a couple of problems with the toilet not flushing, and the safe sticking shut, but these were fixed immediately by the maintenance man so I have no complaints. We couldn't hear any noise from outside when in our room, and slept well in the large comfortable bed. The hotel's location is great, and the valet parking worked smoothly without a hitch.

The roof terrace is lovely, I can imagine its very popular with the guests in the warmer months. Up there you get a great view of LA and can relax in comfort.

The food was lovely, particularly breakfast, and the service attentive. I would definitely stay in the Andaz again, we had a truly lovely time.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your honeymoon stay with us at Andaz West Hollywood! We truly appreciate you taking the time to share your great comments and feedback. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to West Hollywood in the not too distant future!
Grobbendonk, Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

I stayed at the Adaz some days before and after a escorted tour through the southwest. I just loved this hotel. The location couldn't be better: walkable to Hollywood boulevard, always taxi's in front of the door, there's a local bus stop and the hop-on-hop-off bus stops just a few metres away from the door.
The room (I had a view king room) was very modern. I just loved the sunroom. With the jet lag I couldn't sleep that good the first night, so I watched the people and the street :-).
Breakfast was expensive, but good quality.
But the most importent: the friendliness from al who worked there. From the great at the door everytime, the 'welcome back' after my roadtrip and al the help with getting transportation to Long Beach (there my tour started) and Disneyland, and that on days when LA had is carmagaddon and the space shuttle was transported. Hopefully I can come back to LA some day, and then I definitely will go back.

Room Tip: Higher rooms have less lightning from the outside billboards
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Lin

Been to Andaz West Hollywood? Share your experiences!