“Superb vibe and service in a premier location” 5 of 5 stars

Join Hyatt Gold Passport®
Ranked #3 of 17 hotels in West Hollywood
GreenLeadersGold level
Teeside
“Superb vibe and service in a premier location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

Stayed for 2 nights on our way up to the Sierra Nevada for a snowboarding holiday.

First impressions were excellent, after a long flight from the UK and a stressful drive through LA the last thing you want is hassle parking and checking in. The valet had us attended to promptly and the check-in system where you sit down on a comfy leather sofa, get given a complimentary drink and are checked in via iPad was just what the doctor ordered!

The hotel is certainly stylish - the decor is arty and yet tasteful with nods to the hotels past associations with the Rock and Roll scene (The Riot Hyatt!) Room was spacious with an uber comfy king bed and a small separate office/lounge area with views of the LA skyline. We were only on the 4th floor but were surprised that it wasn't actually that noisy, even on the Saturday night when Sunset Strip gets a bit rowdy!

Location is certainly excellent. We didn't eat in the hotel but you are within 10 mins walk of numerous bars, clubs and restaurants, so plenty of choice here. The hotel is also on the pick-up list for the LA Tours (which the reception staff kindly organised for us.) We didn't even have to step off the hotel premises - we were picked up whisked around Venice Beach and Hollywood and delivered right back to our front door so no complaints there.

Couple of minor gripes - the shower could have been a bit better and although the rooftop pool gives great views of the city, be warned the pool is pretty cold, especially in March! These are only minor things though and the fact the hotel still gets 5 stars from me should tell you that!

Overall a great hotel in a prime LA location, will definitely stay here again on next visit to LA.

Room Tip: Go as high as possible for the best view!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Lin S, General Manager at Andaz West Hollywood, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
I am so happy to hear that you truly enjoyed your recent stay at Andaz West Hollywood. I appreciate you taking the time to share how much you enjoyed your spacious accommodation as well as our unique check-in process and central location. I look forward to you joining us again soon.

1,453 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (382)
Kelowna, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

The Andaz West Hollywood is steeped with history, and is a unique and cool property. It was easy to get caught up in the vibe while there - and we are reminded since then when we see it in movies, such as The Italian Job. How neat to see a hotel you've stayed at in a movie!

We stayed here using Hyatt points - likely the best possible value you could get for this hotel, which seems to be at least $250 a night plus valet parking.

The public spaces are very hip, as are the rooms. We stayed on the penthouse level, which was an easy walk to the rooftop pool. The beds were comfortable, and the room well soundproofed. One could hardly hear Sunset Boulevard below. The bathroom was very nice, but the room itself could stand from some sort of art on the walls. What was a really nice treat was the snacks provided daily - though I suppose you pay for them in the price :-)

The pool deck is epic - the views of Beverly Hills, downtown LA and the Hollywood Hills were fantastic.

I wish there were some parking alternatives to valet - but this is the heart of West Hollywood after all. What could we do - park at a celebrity's house around the corner? What I find odd is that there are public lots around, but none of them are 24 hours. There is money to be made here!

No stay at this hotel is complete without a walk down the Sunset Strip. There are tons of neat shops and restaurants, including The House of Blues. We went to the Comedy Store right next to the hotel on a Comedy Pot Luck night - and were wow'd to see Chris Rock there. How cool is that?

Bottom line - if you can take the price - or better yet, come on points - this is a very neat place to stay.

Room Tip: Pick a side you want a view of. Hollywood Hills side is quieter.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your feedback following your recent stay here at Andaz West Hollywood. I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed our historic location and unique amenities. All of your comments are valued and we hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back upon your next trip to Los Angeles.
Lompoc, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

A visit to LA isn't complete until you frequent Hollywood and venture down Sunset Blvd. The Andaz is conveniently located on Sunset across from The Comedy Club and The House of Blues. Our room had a spectacular view of the Hollywood Hills and the pool deck on top of the 14th floor had an equally incredible view of the LA skyline. Close to the famous Farmers Market, The Grove, and Beverly Center you couldn't ask for a better location. Traffic, yes, fun, more.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback following your recent stay here at Andaz West Hollywood. I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay! We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back upon future visits to Southern California!
san francisco
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

I am not even sure why I picked this hotel in the first place. I guess I just got the Hyatt credit card and consciously wanting to accumulating the points. (Andaz is operated by Hyatt.)

Check-in was easy. You sit down and the extremely friendly and polite staff uses iPad to take care of business. "Hip" seems to be the theme, and that for decor as well.

We got into our room. Indeed by being Hyatt card member we got one on the high floor, but found out that there's no bath tub. Called the front desk. Got tire of waiting and went back to lobby after 30 minutes (they said they were waiting for housekeeping to tell them when the room would be available). After checking with the supervisor, we finally got a room with the tub. Staff was very nice to escort us back to the room, picked up the belongings, and directly to the new room. You should know that all rooms at this property facing the mountain has no tub. Only the ones on the Sunset Blvd side, which got great views of LA downtown and the valley, have a bath tub and about 100 sq ft bigger. We were not charged for the extra. Thank you Andaz.

The room has free soda and small snacks stocked for you (but didn't see them being re-stock the next day). That's very nice and convenient. The additional area has nice leather couch that you can relax, reading, or simply gazing the LA view (even at the lower floor). Beds are incredibly comfortable. I like their blanket not be the thick goosedown but just perfect for the room temperature at night.

Rooftop pool area is small but nice. Again great view of LA. Gym is small but we don't care (why would I want exercise when I am vacationing?). There is not much else in the hotel that you can wonder around. Coffee in the morning and wine in the evening at the lobby. We had breakfast and lunch at the hotel's only restaurant(above average). $26 for the buffet breakfast and $32 for the valet parking. Valet staff are quick and friendly.

Watch you elbow if your room got the shower. I hurt mine both left (when facing away the shower) and right (in the reverse direction) due the odd position of the ledge that holds the shampoo/soap. After moving to the room with the tub, I find it odd that there is no handle to help you getting in/out. No good for senior with mobility issue.

I you want to stay in West Hollywood and a "hip" hotel, this one is a reasonable choice.

Room Tip: Request room facing the Sunset Blvd. Larger with excellet view. But you may have to pay more for t...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Lin S, General Manager at Andaz West Hollywood, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
Thank you so much for your feedback following your recent stay here at Andaz West Hollywood. I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed our unique check in experience along with our guest room amenities and sundeck. All of your comments are valued and we hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back on your next trip to Los Angeles.
Hoboken, New Jersey, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

Great location Right off sunset BLVD private and professional staff. Modern feel without the fuss and very clean. A cool bar in the lobby. Over all great choice. Highly recommended for casual or business travel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Lin S, General Manager at Andaz West Hollywood, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback following your recent stay here at Andaz West Hollywood. I am delighted to hear how much you enjoyed our central location and the service you received from our staff. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future!
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

A bit confusing when we first got there as there was no check-in desk. But we soon found out that all staff are dressed informally and with the help of their ipads they proceed to check you in very quickly. The complimentary glass of wine was a nice touch. Once we got to our room, we realised that we were going to enjoy our stay here! Fanstactic view over LA, super clean and extreme comfort, excellent location, fanstastic pool area on the roof with an even better view... All in all, an amazing stay. Highly recommended.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Lin S, General Manager at Andaz West Hollywood, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
I am so pleased that you chose to stay at Andaz West Hollywood. Thank you for taking the time to share how much you enjoyed our unique check-in experience, your guestroom and our beautiful sundeck. We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back upon your next visit to California!
Glasgow, Scotland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

Stayed here for work and it is, in many ways, a very, very nice hotel. Very hip with the check in set up and a nice feel to the lobby and the hotel.

The room itself was pretty big. No tub, but an ok shower but fantastic shower gel (unusual that you get that in a US hotel.) Internet worked great but a bit of fun and games trying to get a power socket to work my laptop - not ideal for a business type hotel.

The bed was extremely comfortable and nice, large screen TV. There was a separate sitting area overlooking Sunset Boulevard - although my room was more or less directly opposite the large LCD type billboard so that flashed into the room. I ended up having to close the curtain to stop having an epelectic fit (if you suffer from that go for a room at the back - a non view room they call it!)

My big bug here was that I had an adjoining room and I was woken by the coughing of the poor guy in the room next to me. I could just about hear everything he was talking about once I was awake. Seems I was not the only one with that problem as my business partner said the same, unfortunately for him, it was not the sound of coughing coming from the room next door. I'll leave it to your imagination to work out what sort of noises.....needless to say, coughing was preferable!!!

Food was great and the service in the hotel was good.

Fitness centre was excellent too.

I'd go back, but I'd make sure I got a room that was not adjoining unless you needed that...in which case you can tell the people in the room to be quiet!!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Lin S, General Manager at Andaz West Hollywood, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Thank you so much for your feedback following your recent stay here at Andaz West Hollywood. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your overall stay; however I am terribly sorry that you were disturbed by neighboring noise during your visit. I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the not too distant future.
Lin

Been to Andaz West Hollywood? Share your experiences!