“Great modern Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
Davis, California
“Great modern Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I stayed here in an andaz suite with my fiancee. It is a fantastic Hotel, the room was huge and it had an amazing breakfast nook looking over Sunset blvd. The Chilaqiles on the breakfast menu were fantastic, and the service was prompt and attentive. It is very modern, which means that everything looks new, and the restaurant was great. I would highly recomend staying at this hotel over the Marmont, or the other trendy Hollywood locales. I found the price to be very fair considering the location and high quality service. The bed was one of the most comfortable Hotel beds I have ever stayed in.

Room Tip: Get the room with the view of Sunset blvd. Great place to have a cocktail before going out.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Lin S, General Manager at Andaz West Hollywood, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Thank you for selecting Andaz West Hollywood for your most recent visit to Southern California. We are so pleased to hear that you and your fiancé enjoyed your accommodation, breakfast in our RH restaurant, and the prompt and attentive service provided to you by our wonderful team! We hope to welcome you both back soon and look forward to the opportunity of providing another amazing experience for you.

1,369 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (345)
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I had never stayed at an Andaz property prior to this one, so I wasn't sure what to expect. I was very impressed. I had a terrific room (1101) with two separate bathrooms and a nice living room area - all very modern, very high end and great views over Sunset Blvd and all of Los Angeles below. The hotel has a terrific bar area. High end and very modern throughout. Hip staff and hip clientele. Loved it and will stay again next chance I get. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Corner room on an upper floor - 1101 and 1001 were both outstanding. Highly recommended including t...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your first stay with us here at Andaz West Hollywood! We truly appreciate you taking the time to share your kind comments and look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future!
Cardiff, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

I stayed at the Andaz with my girlfriend for 6 nights in January. Everything about our stay was excellent. We were checked in by Bradley who was brilliant and became a friend over the course of our stay, he was always on hand and always really helpful. The Andaz reception/concierge team as a whole were brilliant and nothing was too much trouble. We had been to SF and Vegas before LA, and the most refreshing thing about the staff here was their thanks when tipped. We don't have the same tipping culture in the UK and it was frustrating at other hotels when tips are expected and not appreciated, the Andaz was refreshingly different. I can't say enough about the staff here, even the housekeeping staff are always smiling and greeting you.

The room was spacious with a great view of the hills. The bathroom was fine, although really stupid to make the main lights motion sensing! Be prepared to dance around like an idiot in the shower and on the toilet! The free beverages and snacks are a nice touch. The air conditioning is fairly poor, even in January with the AC on its lowest temp we were hot on the warmer nights, think this would need to be improved for a summer stay. We had room service which was fine and price was acceptable. There is also the Saddle Ranch next door to the hotel where we had a great time.

The hotel has great facilities, the gym is well stocked and the rooftop pool is excellent. The only frustration with the pool area was that cushions for the seats and daybeds were only out for 1 of the 6 days we were there.

All in all though a great hotel with even better staff. One of the most enjoyable hotel stays we've ever had. We will be back, hopefully soon!

Room Tip: Rooms at the back of the hotel are much quieter
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Lin S, General Manager at Andaz West Hollywood, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
We are thrilled that you and your girlfriend enjoyed your recent stay with us here at Andaz West Hollywood! Thank you so much for taking the time to share your marvelous review. Please rest assure that I will share your kind comments to Bradley and the team! On behalf of all of us here at the hotel, I am looking forward to welcoming you both back upon your next visit to LA!
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

So very close to everything. A short, inexpensive cab ride will get you just about anywhere in the main touristy areas of LA. I stayed here in September 2011 and had such a fantastic experience at the Andaz Hotel West Hollywood, that I decided to stay there again, for New Year 2012/2013. This trip, I must admit I was a little disappointed, but only with the Hosts/Customer Service. I found the online hosts/customer service, much friendlier and helpful. Don't misunderstand me, at no time were any of the staff rude or impolite, but there just didn't, for me, seem to be the level of service I was expecting. There were a couple of times when I requested some information about the hotel, the restaurant or something, and would have expected their assistance but was told to talk to, I think it was the RH Restaurant myself. To be fair, It was a busy time, over Christmas and New Year, but regardless... Being in LA mainly for shopping, when I had checked out, my bags seemed a little on the 'heavy side,' I asked one of the Hosts if by any chance they had any scales to weigh my bags and to their credit, he went in search of a set of scales, replaced the batteries, and then kindly weighed by bags for me. As usual, the hotel itself, and the rooms, faultless. Very, very comfortable rooms. Appreciate the 'happy hour' they put on each afternoon. Party hats were put out for NYE which was a nice touch. Great bar Y! You can't fault the location. Close to everything, a short cab ride to anywhere. Would I stay there again, I think so. The Andaz is a great experience.. It's not your average hotel stay..

Room Tip: Request a room on a higher floor and at either end of the hotel. You want to be away from the traff...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Lin S, General Manager at Andaz West Hollywood, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay at Andaz West Hollywood during the holidays. Thank you so much for taking the time to provide your feedback! I am delighted that you found your accommodation comfortable and that you had a great experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back upon your next visit to California!!
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

This is a boutique style hotel, and just so beautiful and fantastic.
Look through my photo's below to see how beautiful this hotel truly is as my words won't do justice. [NOTE: I stayed in July '11, it did not give me that option]
SERVICE
When you first arrive, a member of the staff comes to greet you and check you in. It isn't set out like most hotels, the staff don't wear uniforms and there isn't really a reception area. As far as I can remember our check ins were all done on the one and only computer standing on a tabletop of marble. The rest of the staff simply carried around ipads. You also don't get the feeling that you're in a 'hotel environment' as there are not usually more than three staff on the main floor at a time. Don't take this as a negative though- I've stayed at many five star hotels all over the world and I must say I've never had better customer service than here. You feel as if you're the only person who's needs are of concern. The staff's attention is 100% there for you when and if you need it. The only other thing which you might find odd at first but used to by the second day, is that the staff don't wear uniforms. When we first arrived a lady came up to us and until she introduced herself as working at the hotel, which was only two seconds or so after saying 'Hi, I'm..." it was a little odd. But all very friendly and helpful. The valet attendants were all very kind and friendly as well. They liked to make you feel like a friend, and although when travelling, my dad isn't the type who would usually become friendly with the locals, they were very pleasant people and the car was always there for you as you walked out of the hotel doors.
FOOD:
The food was all very delicious. We only ever ate breakfast there as we always ate out for lunch and dinner, although on a few nights we did order room service at night if we arrived home late and hadn't yet eaten. I think there is only one restaurant there, but I am not sure. Anyways, it is both buffet, and off the menu ordering, and was always spectacular. They also had a bar within the restaurant, as well as in the lobby (which are right next to eachother), which both prepare freshly made drinks. The bar in the lobby is very convenient, as it is self serve, offering free water, and also as the lobby is quite small in comparison to most hotels (yet still so spacious), there is also an attendant there, available for you to purchase freshly made drinks.
ROOMS:
The rooms were a pleasant surprise as there was a sunroom/lounge which could be curtained off from the bedroom area. Obviously, as expected, it was all very clean and modern and bright (as in light; all the walls were white in case you were wondering). And a very nice, clean and modern bathroom. Nothing overly special, but still very nice, clean, comfortable and minimilisticly stylish.
LOCATION: As it was my first time to the United States we wanted to make sure to stay in as central location as possible. It was truly the best location you could wish for. Right on sunset blvd, you couldn't ask for more. Close to the grove, the farmers markets, many shopping centers. Beverly Hills is right there if you are interested in looking at some great mansions. Also only about a 10/15 minute drive to Rodeo Drive + the same if not less to Hollywood Boulevard. It is about a twenty minute drive to venice beach as traffic is pretty bad and parking almost impossible. And about a 30 minute drive to Santa Monica Pier and third street promenade. as far as I can remember. I think about 30/40 minutes to Malibu. And 60-80 minutes to Calabasas if you are interested in going that way.
OVERALL:
It is very beautiful and quite a unique-creative-luxurious look to it. Fantastic location, fantastic service. Nice food and very clean, fresh, modern rooms. I strongly suggest and recommend it.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking to time to post such a rave review following your recent stay here at Andaz West Hollywood! I am so delighted to hear that we were able to provide you top notch service that has left a lasting impression! We truly look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back soon!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

A big thank you to Jordan and Colin. Two concierges who went out of their way to be helpful. Stayed twice in one week because we liked the place so much. Great location on Sunset Blvd. Right next door to where the hop on hop off buses leave from, and a short taxi ride to all the major attractions, and some good eateries. Well done!

Room Tip: Upgrade for $20 to the rooms at the front with a panoramic view of LA.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments following your recent stay here at Andaz West Hollywood. I would like to thank you for your kind words to Jordan and Colin and will be sure to share your warm feedback to both. On behalf of all of us here at the hotel, I am looking forward to welcoming you back upon your next visit to Los Angeles!
Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

This Hotel is in a great location - staff were excellent upon check in and check out and explained all the facilities very carefully whilst we stayed here hired a mercedes for the day and went to beverly hills santa monic and Malibu.
The rooms are comfortable and clean and food 1st rate - had breakfast included which was wonderful.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
I am so pleased that you chose to stay at Andaz West Hollywood and am delighted to know how much you enjoyed our central location and the service provided to you by our team. We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back upon your next visit to the US!
Lin

Been to Andaz West Hollywood? Share your experiences!