I spent my Xmas weekend this year at Andaz 5th Avenue and New Year weekend at Andaz West Hollywood. The Andaz 5th Avenue is so much better in terms of quality that I felt so letdown while staying at Andaz West Hollywood. You can see my review over at the Andaz 5th Avenue webpage.
First of all, you do have to give credit to the design of the lobby, it is indeed very elegant. However, once you exit from the elevator and walk towards your room, the corridor gives you a feel that you are in 2 or 3 stars hotel as the furnishing looks very beat down. I have a king size bedroom and the size of it is more than enough for a couple. However, the touches of the room is at the low end which makes you feel like you are in Courtyard or Bestwestern hotels but just with updated TV.
The bathroom is a big negative. It is small, I would say it is half the size as the one in Andaz 5th Avenue. And you cannot find anywhere that you can hang your clothes while you go to take a shower.
Speaking of the staff, a lot of credits have to be given to the parking valet and breakfast crew. They really did their best to make sure everything went smooth and comfortable for the guests. On the other hand, the hosts certainly have room for improvement as my newspaper request and check-out bill were both not handled properly. Not a big deal but sometimes travelers judge a hotel by the tiniest thing.
Overall speaking, if you have never tried Andaz before, you may not want to start with this. This may not be the one that can give you a positive impression.
- Also Known As:
- Andaz West Hollywood Hotel
- Andaz West Hollywood Hotel West Hollywood
- Hyatt West Hollywood
- West Hollywood Andaz
- West Hollywood Hyatt
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- On Sunset Strip, directly across from House of Blues. Central to Santa Monica Blvd, Pacific Design Center, Hollywood Blvd., Rodeo Drive, the Walk of Fame, Grauman's/Mann's Chinese Theater, and the Kodak Theater - Home to the Oscars. Minutes from the Getty Center, Universal, Paramount and MGM Studios. 12 miles to Los Angeles International Airport and Burbank Airport. 257 guest rooms including 16 Junior Suites. Rooftop outdoor heated pool. Walking distance to restaurants and shopping. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Tingo and Venere so you can book your Andaz West Hollywood reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.