“Great rooms” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
London
“Great rooms”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

Central, fantastically comfortable rooms. This is a great hotel if you are staying in LA for business and want somewhere that is central and comfy so you can get over your jet lag.

My only grumble is it's $7 a latte...which is ridiculous. Defo don't eat here either, expensive and pretty sub standard.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
philipdailey, General Manager at Andaz West Hollywood, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
Thank you so much for your feedback following your recent stay here at Andaz West Hollywood. I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your accommodation as well as our central location. All of your comments are valued and we hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back upon your next visit to Los Angeles.

1,483 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (392)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012 via mobile

I am extremely disappointed with this hotel. I have returned home from my stay with a £550 charge on my credit card that the Andaz have billed despite having settled all charges prior to our stay through Virgin holidays. When I called to speak to someone at the hotel they were extremely unhelpful and said that there were no additional charges on the account and provided me with an email address to query this with. I proceeded to email the hotel and was told that this was a temporary charge that would be removed, however 2 weeks on and several emails later, the money remains on my account and I have had no response to any of my emails. I have since had to raise a dispute file with my credit card company in an attempt to get this resolved. Extremely unhelpful and unprofessional hotel so I will not be returning for this reason.

• Stayed November 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback following your recent stay here at Andaz West Hollywood. I am terribly sorry to hear that you were inconvenienced during your attempt to follow up with the hotel in regards to the authorization hold that was applied to your credit card during your stay. At Andaz we are committed to serving every guest beyond expectations and to know that we did not satisfy you is a big disappointment. Hopefully one day we can welcome you back to create an experience more consistent with Andaz hospitality.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

We went to the Andaz West Hollywood because of the good reviews and good price. My cousin stayed there last year and mentioned good things about the hotel. It certainly didn't disappoint. You couldn't have asked for a better hotel. Great place, great staff and the perfect size. Our main contact on the front desk Adam was great and very useful with questions we had. I would come back in a heart beat if I could. I'm back in LA this summer so hopefully that's soon. Highly recommend this hotel to anyone. And hopefully Adam passed the information about the Guayaki drinks to management, it would make a great compliment to your hotel stock.

• Stayed November 2012
philipdailey, General Manager at Andaz West Hollywood, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
I am so pleased that you chose to stay at Andaz West Hollywood and am delighted to know how much you enjoyed your visit. Thank you for all of your wonderful comments. I will be sure to let Adam know how helpful he was to you. We look forward to seeing you again this summer!
NYC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

I have stayed at the Andaz 2x in the past 3years and for some reason keep forgetting to write my review. I go to Hollywood once a year for business and try staying right in Sunset blvd or someplace where I can walk to everything fun or exciting. Andaz is deff in a great location (right down the street from my favorite bar the Saddle Ranch).
The pool on the roof is small but very nice...clean, great views of the city, music, etc.
Rooms are nice, not huge but comfortable.

Love the check in process... no formal front desk like most hotels. Good looking women walking around with tablets and offering you a drink as soon as you arrive.

My last trip to Cali was last minute *(literally booked it the night before I went) and I couldn't get a room here....but next time with a little more time I will stay here 100%.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your enthusiastic review of Andaz West Hollywood. It is so nice to receive positive feedback on our central location, spacious accommodations and, in particular, the helpful customer service you received during our unique check in process. I am so glad that your stays have continued to be enjoyable and am looking forward to welcoming you back soon!
Cambridge, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

My heart sinks when I enter a hotel to be greeted by a fool with an iPad and a rictus grin. What's wrong with a desk at reception? Anyway... my overwhelming impression is of pointless gimmickry (the room service menu in an old album cover...come on) and poor attention to detail. Poorly kept bathrooms, a dirty iron that ruined a white shirt of mine, a tv remote that controlled both sets but on different channels etc. I also thought the location quite scuzzy and rundown. 5*?! I don't think so, chaps.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
philipdailey, General Manager at Andaz West Hollywood, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
I am terribly sorry to hear that you did not thoroughly enjoy your recent stay with us and sincerely apologize for the inconveniences you encountered. At Andaz we are committed to serve every guest beyond expectations and to know that we did not satisfy you is a big disappointment. Hopefully one day we can welcome you back to create an experience more consistent with the Andaz true hospitality.
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for 4 nights after our travel agent recommended this hotel. It was a 5* and therefore the most expensive hotel we stayed in during our California road trip. Our room was huge with amazing views of LA (6th floor), the staff were so friendly and helpful, Brad our host was great and in particular Walter who gave us advice on Universal and even booked it online for us. They also arranged sightseeing trips like the star homes tour. The hotel was in a great location, easy to drive to all the sights, with many things within walking distance too.
The negative we found was that the rooftop pool desk was a lot smaller than expected, resulted in feeling very cramped. There were only 4 enclosed beds that would offer some privacy, but seems that once someone got those, they held on to them all day, so no chance getting one. As we were more interested in exploring vs lazing by the pool this was not an issue. The pool was also quite small and taken over by a few kids screaming and splashing around. The cocktails were also very expensive, so after trying it on the first afternoon when we arrived, we didn't bother to go up there again. Although it was worth going up once if only for the views and watching the sun set over LA.
The parking was also very expensive at $32 + tax per night. Breakfast was also quite expensive at $25/person per day, which we avoided as there are plenty of places near by that are much cheaper for breakfast, including a Starbucks just to the left of the main entrance. Couldn't avoid the parking fees, but could avoid paying a fortune for breakfast as well!
We would definitely stay at this hotel again and would recommend it for anyone looking for some luxury and rooms with views, as well as the tour recommendations and booking service and all the other great advice from the staff that is provided.

Room Tip: Try for a room in the higher floors to get the views!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
I am so delighted to have the opportunity to receive your lovely review following your recent stay here at Andaz West Hollywood. I am happy to hear that you were well looked after by our wonderful team and that you thoroughly enjoyed your spacious accommodation! On behalf of all of us here at the hotel, we look forward to welcoming you and your husband back upon your next visit to California!
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

My husband and I stayed here over the weekend because we were catching a show at the Pantages. It's a very Plain Jane hotel. Apparently it has a lot of history because it originally was a Hyatt and all the rock and rollers have stayed and partied here. However, this hotel now is dead after 10pm. There's a bar that stays open until 12pm. Other than that, you gotta get out for any night life. Big disappointment since we were looking forward to having drinks and lounging at their "one of four rooftop pools in Los Angeles". Oh well.

Upon checking in, we asked for a king bed and the only king room they could accommodate was a handicap-friendly room. We thought it would be fine but had to request a room change after being there for 5 minutes. It felt like a hospital room so we settled for a queen room that did not feel much better. The decor is…it's supposed to look like it's from the 80s? It's very retro and bland. No color. Very simple and basic. Like I said, institution like. We've stayed at the Andaz in San Diego and that was fabulous. This place had an odd feel to it. Eerie almost.

The staff was great. Our concierge checked us in and gave us a tour of the room to make sure there weren't problems. Valet had a hard time understanding English and messed up our name, but they were very kind. Overall, par service.

Don't stay here if you want to watch a show at the Pantages. The W Hotel is right across the street from the theatre and provides ample post-show night life. This hotel had a lot of foreigners and requires transportation if you want to go anywhere. 3 miles on Sunset or Hollywood Blvd equates to nearly 30 minutes.

It's a decent hotel depending on what you need. Not right for us on this particular weekend though. And $32/night for valet is a huge turn off.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for the review of your recent stay here at Andaz West Hollywood. I am pleased that you appreciated the service provided to you by our team however I am sorry that you did not find your room to be as comfortable as it should be. Please know that I am looking into this, as we always want to make sure that our guests’ stay is pleasant and satisfying. We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back in the not too distant future.
Philip

Been to Andaz West Hollywood? Share your experiences!