“Best Hotel in Hollywood” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Laugh Your Andaz Off
Ranked #2 of 17 Hotels in West Hollywood
“Best Hotel in Hollywood”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012 via mobile

Everything about this hotel is perfect except parking price, but that's LA. You get free non alcoholic drinks and snacks in your room. The hotel is legendary if you're interested in rock n roll history. It's next door to the legendary comedy store and there are a lot of restaurants that are within walking distance.

• Stayed November 2012
philipdailey, General Manager at Andaz West Hollywood, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
Thank you for sharing your experience of your recent stay at Andaz West Hollywood. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to seeing you again, hopefully in the not too distant future.
Philip

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (432)
Rio de Janeiro
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

Despite having been to LA quite a few times over the years, I had never actually stayed on West Sunset Boulevard. But now for me only Santa Monica will be a challenger from now on. This particular location is rich in rock'n'roll history (google Riot House), and the Chateau Marmont is only steps away. The Hotel itself is very very nice, the rooftop pool has terrific views of the city and the hills and the rooms are very good and spacious. The corridors even smell nice, they certainly have a fragrance they spray around to hide the stench of marij...oops, medicinal herbs emanating from some rooms. The gym is not the best around but working out is not very rock'n'roll, or these days it is? The only reason why I don't give it five stars is that I had a very hard time reaching the management. It is very difficult to find an email address in their website. When I eventually found one, I wrote to them three times asking in advance if I could have purchases shipped to the hotel as I was on a business trip and needed to save time but I never got a reply, positive or negative. In the end, all I had sent by express delivery was a hard to find camera battery, but in my travel book it is unacceptable not to receive a reply from management. As I told them in one of the messages, I would happily accept a no for an answer, as many hotels do not have space to store guests' stuff. But this is certainly not the case in this hotel, and not getting one single reply after three attempts is ridiculous. But even though I would stay here again anytime.

Room Tip: The rooms facing the street have great views if they are high enough.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for selecting Andaz West Hollywood for your most recent trip to Los Angeles. I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed the hotel and its amenities however I sincerely apologize for the inconveniences you encountered. Please be assured that I will investigate your comments personally, as they are greatly appreciated. On behalf of all of us here, we look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back upon your next visit to Los Angeles.
Brighton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

We booked our holiday as part of a package including a visit to San Francisco and Las Vegas, we were only able to pick from a few hotels through the travel agent and after some debating and trip advisor research we picked this hotel.

We had mixed reviews about LA and where to stay so we decided to stay in the hills as we thought it would be the area we would like the most.

We were very impressed with this hotel, when we arrive its was 5pm and the hotel has free wine evening between 5-7 each night. The hotel is very modern and there is no actual reception the staff wonder round with Ipads and check you in and provide the keys through them.

The hotel rooms are a fantastic size, we did have the king room with views of the hills, although we were a little lower than we would have licked. The bathroom is huge, although a little odd as the sink is on the outside and then the main bathroom is a wet room.

In the room you also have a free minibar (except for the mini bottles of alcohol) and snacks. They also provide free coffee first thing in the morning downstairs.

We found getting around LA a little tricky, we chose not to hire a car as I didn't want to attempt their odd system, however we didn't see alot of public transport. We ended up having to get taxi's everywhere which cost quite alot so next time I think I will attempt to drive.

I think we definitely picked the best area to stay in and there are alot of lovely places to eat. The trip around the celebrity houses are a must see together with the stars and chinese theatre, although this wasn’t quite what I thought it would be.

Another recommendation, if you are going to universal (which I would highly recommend) pay the extra and get the queue jumps as you will save alot of time, ours were worth every penny! Some rides had a 45 minute to an hour wait!

Some people i know that have visited LA didn’t like it but I really did. I think it helped staying in a nice area and not visiting as part of a long travelling experience.

When I go back to LA I would most definitely stay at this hotel again, it was beautiful, spotless, fantastic location and really friendly staff. I can’t recommend it enough!

Room Tip: King Room, higher the floor the better the view
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
philipdailey, General Manager at Andaz West Hollywood, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
Thank you so much for staying at Andaz West Hollywood and for taking the time to post such a wonderful review of our hotel. I am so pleased that you felt that your experience at the hotel, including the service provided to you by our wonderful team and our prime location, accommodated your needs. We look forward to welcoming you back upon your next visit to Los Angeles!
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

Overall this a fantastic hotel. Very modern, stylish and great location in West Hollywood.

The service was absolutely fantastic and the 'no check in desk' quirk was a nice touch. While I didn't use the service of 'the hosts' in reception they did appear to be of the mantra that 'no request is too much' and were super friendly on check in and check out.

Rooms are huge (I was staying on my own and had a room with two queen size beds) with big TV and ipod docking station. Room service menus are all interactive on the TV which added to the overall contemporary feel of the hotel. Guests are also treated to a complimentary glass of wine between 5 and 7pm each night. There's also free basic wi-fi and soft drinks in the room.

There are a couple of negatives worth mentioning: The valet is expensive, as is the breakfast menu ($50 for orange juice, fruit and toast), I was also given a room (1101) next to the elevator which mean my room was super noisy. Looking back I should've asked to move rooms as it kept me awake ALL NIGHT.

Overall this hotel is gorgeous and well worth staying in if you want to be in West Hollywood... just ask for a room away from the lifts!

The rooftop pool is heavenly. Limited menu for the rooftop pool but the views of the hills and LA skyline very much make up for it.

Room Tip: Get a room away from the elevator for a quiet night sleep.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
philipdailey, General Manager at Andaz West Hollywood, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post such a complimentary review following your recent stay here at Andaz West Hollywood! I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed so many of the unique qualities that we feel make our hotel so special. I am, however, terribly sorry that you were inconvenienced by the location of your room accommodations. Please be assured that we have made special note to provide you with a more comfortable room on your next visit. We truly appreciate you sharing your comments and look forward to the opportunity of providing another great experience for you in the future!
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

Staying at the Andaz made this business trip feel a bit less like business, which is always a plus. The contemporary decor was really cool - I really liked the furniture and the all-glass wall looking out onto the street. The staff was very courteous and helpful on my arrival. The Saddle Ranch right next door made for a convenient place to grab a beer and some good food. Nice to have wireless access included. Seems nearly all the nicer hotels charge for it, but not the Andaz. The only thing I was disappointed by was that breakfast didn't start until 6:30am and I needed to leave then. Overall, this was a great hotel!

Room Tip: I was across hall from elevators, which weren't very loud, but it sort of sounded like somebody...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
philipdailey, General Manager at Andaz West Hollywood, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback following your recent stay here at Andaz West Hollywood! We truly appreciate you sharing your comments and look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future!
Atlanta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

Great hotel and location in West Hollywood. All rooms are a good size, with suites at the end of higher floors huge covering back to front. The front rooms overlook Sunset, Hollywood and towards Downtown.

Rooftop pool is great, though a little small. Get up there early for loungers. Good bar.

Area wise, loads on your door step obviously. If you are in to walking, it's a nice circuit down to The Grove, along Melrose to Robinson and then back. The Chateau Marmont bar on Sunset is a cool little spot.

Enjoy

Room Tip: Higher rooms at the front overlooking Sunset are well worth the extra
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
philipdailey, General Manager at Andaz West Hollywood, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Thank you for sharing your experience of your recent stay at Andaz West Hollywood. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay overall, including your accommodation, our spectacular views and central location. I look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back soon.
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

Best location in Hollywood. Amazing check in/out service. Groovy, spacious, clean rooms. Roof top pool and bar - none better. All service phenomenal. I'll be back.

I think above says it all but because my review needs to to a minimum of 200 characters I will tell you that I was offered (and accepted) a delicious beverage of my choice, beer, wine, water etc.. upon check in, nice touch.

Room Tip: Get a room with a strip view, they have a bit more space with a little lounge, plus the view is awes...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
I am so pleased that you chose to stay at Andaz West Hollywood on your recent trip to Los Angeles. Thank you for taking the time to share your rave review! We look forward to seeing you again, hopefully in the not too distant future.
Philip

Been to Andaz West Hollywood? Share your experiences!