We had a truly enjoyable stay at one of my very favorite hotels. From the moment we arrived we were impressed with all the care taken by this establishment. The overwhelming landscaping of overflowing bougainvillea flowers greets you before you even enter the tastefully decorated lobby. The desk clerks couldn't have been more welcoming or helpful. The room we had was on the second floor with French doors facing out onto the attractive pool area which was also beautifully landscaped. Our room was not only super clean but tastefully decorated and larger than most one room hotel accommodations. The bed was most comfortable and the room included a small but totally functional kitchenette area (no stove but did offer a small fridge and microwave as well as a sink). And best of all was the all you can eat breakfast offered in the hotel's cheerful restaurant. It offered everything one could want in a buffet style setting. The hotel was on Sunset Boulevard in the heart of West Hollywood. Having once lived in this city for over twenty years (and working a couple of blocks away from the hotel) I can wholeheartedly recommend the location. The glorious art deco Sunset Towers Hotel, a true Hollywood landmark circa 1931, was a few doors away offering a super trendy and luxurious rooftop bar with beautiful people and a spectacular view of downtown Los Angeles. Granted the drinks were expensive but it was a vacation so we figured why not? I also suggest checking out the Saddle Ranch restaurant located directly across the street from the hotel (which also delivers). Their chicken avocado club sandwich was excellent (so much so that I went back twice to reorder it). And you can even make reservations on line. The convenient hotel underground parking lot can be easily accessed from a quiet residual street behind the hotel. Overall the hotel rates were reasonable for the area and did I neglect to mention their great breakfast spread each morning is complimentary? We had a wonderful stay in Los Angeles and that was greatly due to our stay at the Best Western Plus Sunset Plaza. I couldn't recommend it more highly.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A beautiful Mediterranean inspired hotel centrally located between Hollywood and Beverly Hills. Just minutes from famous beaches, Universal Studios and Walk of Fame. Daily sightseeing tours are available from the hotel lobby. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Tingo, Otel, getaroom.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your BEST WESTERN PLUS Sunset Plaza Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western West Hollywood
- West Hollywood Best Western
- Best Western Sunset Plaza Hotel