This was my third visit to this hotel because it is such a gem in the middle of West Hollywood. I have stayed in other Best Westerns but this is one of the nicest I have been to. Shopping for hotels in West Hollywood can be frustrating since the nice ones always seem to be so expensive. This hotel, however, is a well kept secret. I found out about it on tripadvisor and after staying there became a true believer in and a regular reviewer for tripadvisor. Every time I stay here I feel like I'm a living in an apartment in LA. The front of this pretty Spanish style hotel faces Sunset Blvd. and the back faces De Longpre Avenue, a small street in the residential neighborhood behind the hotel. The entrance to the well-lighted parking garage is easy to access off this street. The garage is well-monitored by cameras and an intercom. The rooms are very well decorated, especially the deluxe pool view room that I stayed in with three other guests during my last visit in December 2012. It was well-equipped with a kitchenette that included a microwave, a refrigerator, and a sink. It was the perfect size for the four of us and the bathroom in the hallway on our floor helped for those times when we needed an extra bathroom. The pillow top beds were extremely comfortable, as usual. Our view was of the courtyard garden and pool, but we happened to be staying this time during renovation, so the courtyard was prepped to be painted. Since it was winter and cold outside I didn't have a problem with it. They did knock off our parking fee for the 3 days we were there because of the inconvenience. The other times I have stayed here this courtyard has been the focal point of the hotel with the pink bougainvillea climbing the hotel walls surrounding the pool and on the lattice arbor over the jacuzzi. I know that it will be even prettier now that the courtyard has been repainted and a brand new arbor has been built over the jacuzzi. The room included a free continental breakfast. The hotel was full this time since our stay was just after Christmas, but there was plenty of breakfast for all. The food was simple, but good. They provided hot and cold breakfast foods. Since they had such a crowd they used a meeting room for overflow. The hotel is literally convenient to everything in Hollywood. We were able to drive short distances to most of the sites we were there to see. I will definitely stay in this hotel again.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Sunset Plaza
- Best Western West Hollywood
- West Hollywood Best Western
- Best Western Sunset Plaza Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A beautiful Mediterranean inspired hotel centrally located between Hollywood and Beverly Hills. Just minutes from famous beaches, Universal Studios and Walk of Fame. Daily sightseeing tours are available from the hotel lobby. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Amex, Best Western, Otel, Olotels, Priceline, Hotwire, Venere, Tingo and HotelsClick so you can book your BEST WESTERN PLUS Sunset Plaza Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.