“Delicious & Cheap” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
London
“Delicious & Cheap”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2011

We sought this place out because of the great reviews. Its kind of hard to find, because the sign is so small, but worth finding! We are both vegetarian and there was plenty of choice. Delicious food and it was happy hour, so we couldnt believe the bill when it arrived, so cheap! Excellent service too.

Visited December 2010

Perth, Australia
“Amazing Asian Tapas”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2010

My friend and I were staying on Santa Monica Blvd and were looking for some good asian food. We went there on a Monday night which had 'Happy Hour' all night. We ordered the Crispy Rice, California Sushi, Tempura Pumpkin and Satay Tofu which were all incredibly delicious! Service was excellent, ambiance was classy and am sad that I won't get the chance to go back there and try more!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
“Sushi Tapas Fusion! Warm Interior, Great Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2010

As a vegetarian with a wife who loves sushi, I sometimes find myself having a little tempura and some white rice (eating like a hobo) while my wife raves about the delicious food she's enjoying. Not the case here. There were all kinds of interesting little plates for me to try, and they had a whole vegetarian section (and the waiter was careful to show me which two had fish paste in them). The spicy friend tofu, the pumpkin tempura, the spring rolls were all delicious, as good as the best asian I have ever eaten. My wife really enjoyed a tartarand some rice-paper wrapped tuna. She liked the saketini and I enjoyed three different Japanese beers, each one a new discovery for me, and that's saying something because I normally look for new beers at every ethnic dinish experience. Our waiter, a friendly guy of about 35, was a big help and kept pointing me toward something new and good. It's almost hard to find this place, as it's front is a plain wooden door; inside is very comfortable. It's right on Sunset and really worth trying.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Maryland
“A Wonderful Place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2009

We came across Yatai by chance. It was one of the best Asian restaurants we ate in in a long time. The place is small and romantic. It offers indoors and outdoors sitting. Japanese movies are projected onto a screen outside which add an interest to the atmosphere. The dishes we ordered were well prepared and extremely tasty. We would highly recommend this restaurant.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Chicago, Illinois
“A light in the dark”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2009

Music curls through the air like smoke - iced sake trickles out of a bamboo shoot, a waterfall, my cup overfloweth.

Happy hour every night from 6-8PM, movie lights flicker off the wall, trees canopy the outdoor open air court, dark wood interiors wrap one in comfort. A cornucopia of select Japanese izakaya deliciousness for lunch and dinner.

A respite from the flow outside, a haven, a recharge, a gathering of friends.