“glamour glamour glamour” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 17 Hotels in West Hollywood
London, United Kingdom
“glamour glamour glamour”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

had a lovely three night stay in a garden cottage right by the pool. the cottage had a shabby vintage feel, which we all loved, massive fridge and cooker, spent most of the days poolside lounging, even when busy it felt calm, nice trees for shade, and the pool side bar staff were attentive. dinner one night in the restaurant garden was really delicious, waiters knew the food and explained things patiently and politely, and the atmosphere was lively. very much a cool people place, but we like that vibe.

negatives - by no means ruined our stay - wasn't allowed into main bar one night by bouncer, showed my room key and he said private party, i checked and there was no private party.
had to pay to watch tv - come on guys, hotel TV shld be free! as i say, nothing to ruin our stay,will definitely be back.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Sydney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

Stayed for two nights as it was a place we'd heard so much about... did not disappoint. Such a cool building, with so many cheeky nooks & crannies (I can see how celebrities get up to mischief here!). The bar / restaurant was awesome, great atmosphere and surprisingly reasonably priced. All the waiters look like they should have their own agents, and probably do. Prices also include an 18% gratuity which was fantastic as it saved having to calculate the tip every time. The service is well worth it. Even if you're not dining in house, they're very happy to organise a table or recommend somewhere close by. It's walking distance to some fun places on the strip too.

The room itself DID show signs of wear (bathroom in particular)...if you're expecting high gloss brand-new finishes this isn't the place for you...but the character & charm more than make up for it. We had a room overlooking the restaurant courtyard, and the window opened right up...lots of light and a great feel. The bed was out of this world comfortable, and we slept like logs. The pool is really nice & secluded - don't be surprised if you overhear a million director-type conversations!! In general, it's just a cool, colourful place. Could live there in a heartbeat! But we'll settle for another two nights next month :)

Room Tip: If you don't like to go to sleep to the sound of a party (which we do) perhaps ask for a room th...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Oxnard, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

My husband and I stayed here years ago, when we were dating. It was a splurge for a birthday and we talk about it years later. The service is impeccable. We were lounged by the pool and had most delicious Bloody Mary in the world.. We walked on the strip. Hung out at the bar. Ate dinner somewhere trendy. Wore the cushy robes. Even the sheets are heaven. The room was precious with a galley kitchen where we kept our scrumptious left overs.
It was so much money at the time and today I wouldn't trade those three days for anything.
I wonder if you can still bring your dog. .

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

I've been lucky to stay at the Chateau Marmont twice now, the first trip being two years ago.
It will always be my favourite hotel.

I love the rooms, I love the restaurant, I LOVE the pool and I love the service.

The Chateau has old school charm and elegance.

It's like a wonderland. I can't wait to go again... absolutely no idea when that will be but I will dream about it until then.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
London
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

Checked in for a couple of nights into a suite . $780 a night which is an ok price for a suite in Weho.
I've always like the restaurant and garden and old style Art Deco hotels are my favourite - like claridges or raffles. But so are more edgier hotels - so a seemingly great combination.
The room size is enormous - amazing kitchen and dressing room and great views . That's the only good thing I have to say about it. Its 1950s which is lovely - but really really poorly maintained. There's no excuse for rusty bathroom windows or broken , smashed soap dishes. With reclaimed vintage - its easy enough to come by if they are interested in maintaining the detail. You can smoke in some rooms too- It didnt even occur to ask for a non smoking one - so I didn't have enjoy someone else's cigarette for the whole night!
The kitchen was fun - massive GE fridge really stocked up - but that was it as far as kitchen goes . Fully working with oven and has burner and toaster etc - but not even thoughtful enough to leave a little stash of green tea or coffee . Yes I know its five star etc etc . But having a cool gas kettle and ordering room service tea is just sad. I'm sure if I was there long term it would make sense and could order groceries - but then does any hotel guest cook a roast chicken on their off days .. And probably it wouldn't be allowed in.
The beds are pretty standard of comfort - no nice duck down comforter or similar - and just plain. No real colour or interior design . Putting a 50s cabinet In the corner does not complete a room.
The noise at nighttime was intense as well - as double floating would clearly go against the ' look' - forget about guest comfort.
So ask for a room out the back and lose the view .
Next comes service - if you can find any decent , thoughtful guest facing service - let me know. Apart from one guy with long hair in a little pony tail - of Asian descent - there wasn't a single one. They were interesting In themselves and their own attitude and style . I know i sound harsh - but I was as disappointed as I sound. The Mexican staff as ever work their socks off , And highly commended for it. Maybe because they aren't secretly attending film school to be famous.
The food is very very good and a decent price - the beet and kale quinoa was lovely as is the wine list.
I also didnt realise , from the last time I stayed - that it was ok to bring your own paparazzi if you are some random celebrity - who can snap away at you throughout dinner - regardless of blinding or offending the other diners. 2 of them - with huge flash bulbs for 45 minutes . I was next to them at dinner - as was another table of 6 and they were being facilitated by the maitre''d - fully acceptable! Just bizarre - I moved inside to the bar to eat .
I'm just disappointed - and I'm sure there are many happy customers and bla bla ... But too maintain a hotel with such history requires love, care and attention to detail, as well as serious cash. I just didnt get the feeling it had this, rusty window and broken Bath fixtures and clashing 80s carpet included .
I checked out and went to sunset marquis. Quiet, peaceful and cool without telling u at every single second how cool it is, and I won't be back there ever again. Which I'm sure they are pleased about now!!

• Stayed August 2013
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

After reading the reviews I was hesitant so only booked one night (29th July), I wish I had stayed longer.

From the moment we arrived to the moment we left, the service was fantastic. I did not manage to get everyone's names but special mention for great service to Hadi and Phillip.

Our room was not ready upon check in so we had a drink in the Polo Lounge. It was quiet, relaxed and perfect. Sipping wine in the sun at the Chateau Marmont...perfect.

Our room (a Jr Suite with Balcony) was amazing! It was huge. Everything in the room is vintage, no replicas from the fridge to the kitchen table. This may not be everyone's cup of tea but I LOVED it. The room was very clean and the amenities great. The kitchen was stocked with everything you could want or need including cake tins!

Bed and linens were lovely.

We headed to the pool which was quiet and perfect for reading a book in the sun and relaxing. The pool service was great. We stumbled upon a table tennis table and played a few rounds.

Although the bathroom is "old school" I loved it. The shower was large and had great pressure. You do not feel like you are at a hotel, rather a close friends home.

We had an electrical issue in our room which resulted in a small fire. After a call to the front desk management (Tony) had addressed the issue and handled the situation appropriately.

It is the small touches that really make this hotel, such has hand written notes from management and the genuine service provided by staff from housekeeping to front desk and management.

We had dinner at Bar Marmont which had a great vintage atmosphere. Food was nice enough but nothing great. We returned to The Restaurant for desert and a bottle of wine. As it was a little chilly so staff bought us blankets to snuggle into while we reclined on lounge chairs...perfect.

I will most definitely be back to the Chateau Marmont, I cannot imagine staying anywhere else now that I have been here.

If you are wanting the latest technology and modern new décor and furnishing this is not the place for you. If you want to experience Old Hollywood Glamour to the fullest you too will fall in love with the Chateau Marmont.

Room Tip: Pay the extra for a suite, you will not be sorry.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Neuilly sur Seine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

It's our second time at the chateau. This time we had a room without a view, right by the garden. But what a beautiful suite, it was huge and very tastefully decorated. The whole building is what you expect of Hollywood, outlandish, surreal and gorgeous . The staff is most attentive and kind.
Attention to detail is non paralleled.
we'll definitively come back.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Been to Chateau Marmont? Share your experiences!